InfraBlue

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 09:24 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

So this god is testing the parents' faith by giving them a deformed baby. Nice. I'm not seeing much to worship there.

Yeah, it's hard to believe that most people go for that kind of thing.
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 04:57 pm
@FBM,
You and Blue are quite a pair. You look at all the misery in the world and conclude that, if there is a God, he must be a cruel and bloodthirsty tyrant, a conclusion that frees you from any obligation.

But God forbid that there may be an explanation involving a benevolent creator, including all the restorative promises made in the Bible. For, such an understanding would involve life adjustments you are not inclined to make.
FBM

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 07:13 pm
@neologist,
Well, if you were to make a solid case for this god and its benevolence, that would help. The holy book that you keep quoting is the claim, not the evidence.
InfraBlue

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:38 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

You and Blue are quite a pair. You look at all the misery in the world and conclude that, if there is a God, he must be a cruel and bloodthirsty tyrant, a conclusion that frees you from any obligation.

According to you I'm under no obligation; I have free will.

But God forbid that there may be an explanation involving a benevolent creator, including all the restorative promises made in the Bible. For, such an understanding would involve life adjustments you are not inclined to make.
[/quote]
Now you're just talking in circles. I've already responded to the ridiculousness of your "explanation."

And who'd want to live forever with a bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses, anyhow?
InfraBlue

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:38 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

Well, if you were to make a solid case for this god and its benevolence, that would help. The holy book that you keep quoting is the claim, not the evidence.

What's more, he quotes his church's interpretation of that holy book.
0 Replies

Patches

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 10:27 pm
@Groomers123,
You sound like an intelligent person and can probably see by now that you are on the wrong forum to be asking such a question. Most of these people are blind to the truth. I am Catholic and have seen Jesus, heard Father God, seen the Holy Spirit and an angel. You need to be strong and not let the lies of this world drag you down. Here are two threads that I started showing the reality of the Holy Spirit -

http://www.able2know.org/topic/271450-1

http://www.able2know.org/topic/255975-1
Smileyrius

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:37 pm
@Patches,
Patches my friend, couldn't you ask Jesus and the holy spirit to visit him, and for Father God to speak to him, I think that might convince him moreso than the photo threads, I'd actually appreciate a visit myself if they are doing the rounds
0 Replies

neologist

Thu 16 Apr, 2015 12:25 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
And who'd want to live forever with a bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses, anyhow?
Well, your wallet would be safe.
And your wife.
Beer would be free.
And you could still check out whenever you felt like it.
FBM

Thu 16 Apr, 2015 12:33 am
@neologist,
Free beer? Wait...I may be interested, after all... Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 16 Apr, 2015 01:39 am
@neologist,
This is typical of your bullshit, and i cannot let it go by without comment. Your benevolent creator tells the Jews that they may dash out the brains of the infants and children of their enemies. They are allowed to kill any women who are not virgins, they are allowed to take the virgins home to use them as they will. Your god is a vicious tyrant, and the only argument you've ever opposed to this charge is "no he's not," while ignoring all the evidence of your allegedly divinely-inspired, inerrant scripture. It's just appalling how willingly you will lie about these matters.
Patches

Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:18 am
@neologist,
Many people on these forums sell poisonous lies that lead people to hell.
FBM

Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:30 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

Many people on these forums sell poisonous lies that lead people to hell.

Many people on these forums sell poisonous lies that lead people to pray instead of taking their children to hospitals, sacrifice inordinate amounts of money and forebear genuine education in favor of a Bronze Age myth.
0 Replies

neologist

Thu 16 Apr, 2015 01:42 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
This is typical of your bullshit, and i cannot let it go by without comment. Your benevolent creator tells the Jews that they may dash out the brains of the infants and children of their enemies. They are allowed to kill any women who are not virgins, they are allowed to take the virgins home to use them as they will. Your god is a vicious tyrant, and the only argument you've ever opposed to this charge is "no he's not," while ignoring all the evidence of your allegedly divinely-inspired, inerrant scripture. It's just appalling how willingly you will lie about these matters.
I'll have to admit, were I to be transported back to that time as a Jew, my initial reaction, if not AWOL, would probably be to fall on my own sword before I could obey God. I don't know what that makes me.

But then again, I have never witnessed the degree of child sacrifice which, was a pervasive practice among the Canaanites. Also, I can take some comfort in knowing they sinned in ignorance and will have opportunity to live again. I'm sorry if this offends your sensibilities. But it is.
Setanta

Thu 16 Apr, 2015 02:11 pm
@neologist,
Offends my sensibilities? You are a disgusting hypocrite. You have written of a benevolent god. Feeble tu quoque fallacies about Canaanites does not disguise that your benevolent god is a myth. You constantly propound this myth, and take others to task for their remarks about your phony benevolent god. This is not about offended sensibilities. This is about your willful, constant and concerted hypocrisy, based on a fanatical devotion to an ugly fairy tale.
InfraBlue

Thu 16 Apr, 2015 04:51 pm
@neologist,
I'll take death, thanks anyway.
Ragman

Thu 16 Apr, 2015 05:03 pm
@Patches,
Hell is full of fake proselytizers.
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 17 Apr, 2015 11:37 pm
@InfraBlue,
May you have a long and happy life.
neologist

Sat 18 Apr, 2015 12:26 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Offends my sensibilities? You are a disgusting hypocrite. You have written of a benevolent god. Feeble tu quoque fallacies about Canaanites does not disguise that your benevolent god is a myth. You constantly propound this myth, and take others to task for their remarks about your phony benevolent god. This is not about offended sensibilities. This is about your willful, constant and concerted hypocrisy, based on a fanatical devotion to an ugly fairy tale.
Most folks just say I'm delusional. You apparently consider me depraved. Neither opinion is correct. Nor is your contention that I willfully post ideas or beliefs contrary to my own understanding.

But I will entertain the accusation that I might be wrong. I could be wrong because I believe in my heart of hearts that the entire Bible is inspired and, therefore, consistent. For that belief, I am rightly accused.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 01:17 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

May you have a long and happy life.

May you live forever in paradise.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 04:55 pm
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/10929946_453605948139748_649900243527966543_n_1.jpg