FBM

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 06:49 am
@Amoh5,
If I switch all the definitions for all the words in the dictionary around at random, does that change anything about the world outside the dictionary?
Amoh5

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 07:00 am
@FBM,
God as in male immortality is a well established definition, not an abstract one anyway
FBM

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 07:13 am
@Amoh5,
And Eros, as in human love, is a well-established definition...and absolutely abstract, as is your "God is male mortality" thing. It's called symbolism. We're making up new ones all the time, and they still don't change or prove a thing about the world outside of the symbolism.
Amoh5

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 07:20 am
@FBM,
If a male being is immortal, then he is a god. If he is not immortal he is not a god but a mere mortal.
FBM

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 07:22 am
@Amoh5,
If my aunt had a wanger, she'd be my uncle. I don't see what you're getting at. All I see is confused, speculative word-wrangling, when the request was for genuine, credible evidence.
Amoh5

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 07:26 am
@FBM,
Do you actually need evidence that the sky is immortal?
FBM

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 07:29 am
@Amoh5,
Yes.
gungasnake

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 07:33 am
@Groomers123,
Quote:
How do i know God is real?

Process of elimination. I.e. mainly because evolution has turned out to be a bunch of ideological bullshit and there has never really been any sort of a third choice or possibility.

A proof or disproof is a kind of a transaction. There is no such thing as absolutely proving or disproving something; there is only such a thing as proving or disproving something to SOMEBODY'S satisfaction. If the party of the second part is too thick or too ideologically committed to some other way of viewing reality, then the best proof in the world will fall flat and fail.

In the case of evolution, what you have is a theory which has been repeatedly and overwhelmingly disproved over a period of many decades now via a number of independent lines reasoning and yet the adherents go on with it as if nothing had happened and, in fact, demand that the doctrine be taught in public schools at public expense and that no other theory of origins even ever be mentioned in public schools, and attempt to enforce all of that via political power plays and lawsuits.

At that point, it is clear enough that no disproof or combination of disproofs would ever suffice, that the doctrine is in fact unfalsifiable and that Carl popper's criteria for a pseudoscience is in fact met.

Once again for anybody who may have missed this earlier:

The educated lay person is not aware of how overwhelmingly evolution has been debunked over the last century.

The following is a minimal list of entire categories of evidence disproving evolution:

The decades-long experiments with fruit flies beginning in the early 1900s. Those tests were intended to demonstrate macroevolution; the failure of those tests was so unambiguous that a number of prominent scientists disavowed evolution at the time.

The discovery of the DNA/RNA info codes (information codes do not just sort of happen...)

The fact that the info code explained the failure of the fruit-fly experiments (the whole thing is driven by information and the only info there ever was in that picture was the info for a fruit fly...)

The discovery of bio-electrical machinery within 1-celled animals.

The question of irreducible complexity.

The Haldane Dilemma. That is, the gigantic spaces of time it would take to spread any genetic change through an entire herd of animals.

The increasingly massive evidence of a recent age for dinosaurs. This includes soft tissue being found in dinosaur remains, good radiocarbon dates for dinosaur remains (blind tests at the University of Georgia's dating lab), and native American petroglyphs clearly showing known dinosaur types.

The fact that the Haldane dilemma and the recent findings related to dinosaurs amount to a sort of a time sandwich (evolutionites need quadrillions of years and only have a few tens of thousands).

The dna analysis eliminating neanderthals and thus all other hominids as plausible human ancestors.

The total lack of intermediate fossils where the theory demands that the bulk of all fossils be clear intermediate types. "Punctuated Equilibria" in fact amounts to an attempt to get around both the Haldane dilemma and the lack of intermediate fossils, but has an entirely new set of overwhelming problems of its own...

The question of genetic entropy.

The obvious evidence of design in nature.

The arguments arising from pure probability and combinatoric considerations.

Here's what I mean when I use the term "combinatoric considerations"...

The best illustration of how stupid evolutionism really is involves trying to become some totally new animal with new organs, a new basic plan for existence, and new requirements for integration between both old and new organs.

Take flying birds for example; suppose you aren't one, and you want to become one. You'll need a baker's dozen highly specialized systems, including wings, flight feathers, the specialized system which allows flight feathers to pivot so as to open on upstrokes and close to trap air on downstrokes (like a venetian blind), a specialized light bone structure, specialized flow-through design heart and lungs, specialized tail, specialized general balance parameters etc.

For starters, every one of these things would be antifunctional until the day on which the whole thing came together, so that the chances of evolving any of these things by any process resembling evolution (mutations plus selection) would amount to an infinitessimal, i.e. one divided by some gigantic number.

In probability theory, to compute the probability of two things happening at once, you multiply the probabilities together. That says that the likelihood of all these things ever happening, best case, is ten or twelve such infinitessimals multiplied together, i.e. a tenth or twelth-order infinitessimal. The whole history of the universe isn't long enough for that to happen once.

All of that was the best case. In real life, it's even worse than that. In real life, natural selection could not plausibly select for hoped-for functionality, which is what would be required in order to evolve flight feathers on something which could not fly apriori. In real life, all you'd ever get would some sort of a random walk around some starting point, rather than the unidircetional march towards a future requirement which evolution requires.

And the real killer, i.e. the thing which simply kills evolutionism dead, is the following consideration: In real life, assuming you were to somehow miraculously evolve the first feature you'd need to become a flying bird, then by the time another 10,000 generations rolled around and you evolved the second such reature, the first, having been disfunctional/antifunctional all the while, would have DE-EVOLVED and either disappeared altogether or become vestigial.

Now, it would be miraculous if, given all the above, some new kind of complex creature with new organs and a new basic plan for life had ever evolved ONCE.

Evolutionism, however (the Theory of Evolution) requires that this has happened countless billions of times, i.e. an essentially infinite number of absolutely zero probability events.

I ask you: What could be stupider than that?

Fruit flies breed new generations every few days. Running a continuous decades-long experiment on fruit flies will involve more generations of fruit flies than there have ever been of anything resembling humans on Earth. Evolution is supposed to be driven by random mutation and natural selection; they subjected those flies to everything in the world known to cause mutations and recombined the mutants every possible way, and all they ever got was fruit flies.

Richard Goldschmidt wrote the results of all of that up in 1940, noting that it was then obvious enough that no combination of mutation and selection could ever produce a new kind of animal.

There is no excuse for evolution to ever have been taught in schools after 1940.

Amoh5

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 07:34 am
@FBM,
I don't specifically know how old the sky is, but I know its been around for a very long time, even longer than I can comprehend
FBM

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 07:40 am
@Amoh5,
Therefore God. Gotcha.
Amoh5

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 07:57 am
@FBM,
I am only speaking in physical terms not a spiritual/psychological one. As a Christian I know Christianity is not really about physics, physics can't explain the human psyche or morality. But I do understand your last point. Interesting, where else in the world can we go to talk like this sharing our views and stuff, I have to laugh to myself sometimes, hilarious I should say
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 08:18 am
@gungasnake,
Sometimes it is what evolution hasn't done that makes me doubt it. The main one is this:

If evolution is a force capable of the incredible feats that are claimed, able to produce the incredible spectrum of life forms we see, why has it been unable to make any progress in eliminating the programmed death or limited lifespan built into animal life.

There is no technical reason for such limited lifespans and wouldn't a longer lifespan be an incredible evolutionary advantage? This would seem to be the most obvious progression for evolution to take if it is the unguided process that is claimed.

Evolutionists can come up with a plausible explaination (like that would cause overcrowding and resource limitation) but there are many other possible solutions to that problem. Somewhere along the line, evolution should have come up with longer life spans if not immortality. Life AND Death appears to be 'by design'.
Amoh5

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 08:38 am
@FBM,
I didn't see the full stop after God. I thought you wrote "Therefore God Gotcha" or God got ya, meaning God got me. No my friend I'm not God. Just a child of God through Lord Jesus Christ. I use my cell phone, the old Nokia E5-00, the screen is kinda small compared to the latest touch phones, i got the blackberry keyboard type. Thats why I can miss those full stops if I'm in a rush. I have to get me a bigger screen.
0 Replies

FrankMiller12

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 08:56 am
@Groomers123,
Call this number 555-42069666. If God answers then he is real.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 09:03 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
If evolution is a force capable of the incredible feats that are claimed, able to produce the incredible spectrum of life forms we see, why has it been unable to make any progress in eliminating the programmed death or limited lifespan built into animal life.

Your anthropomorphism of evolution is an indicator that your grasp and understanding of logic and science is quite limited and misguided.
MontereyJack

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 09:27 am
Bookmark
0 Replies

vansdad

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 08:38 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Seems to me it's the brain that's led by evidence, and the heart that's more easily fooled, led astray by desires. Desiring something to be so doesn't make it so.

Tell me if your brain isn't tricked here

http://www.braingle.com/brainteasers/26490/gray-squares.html
FBM

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 08:43 pm
@vansdad,
My brain understands that illusion.

0 Replies

Banana Breath

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 11:17 pm
Quote:
How do i know God is real?

If you should ever meet an entity claiming godhood, look for a nearby curtain, and see if you find a little man in there pulling levers.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7091/7072559635_070d992b37.jpg
0 Replies

Johnjohnjohn

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 11:36 am
@Groomers123,
First of all wait.

Turn away from Satan. He offers nothing but hellfire and he is a master deciever. HE WILL TRICK YOU.

God is real, and he offers pleasures almost ungraspable. He will give us mansions with streets covered in Gold, and a whole new earth to inherit with no more trouble ( crying, pain, etc.)

If you want to hear from God then actually accept the fact that his son died for our sins, then he responds. Satan cut off our communication with God by tainting us with sin, thats why we don't hear from him, but hes speaking up now.

Look at these Plagues.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2222783/why-are-waters-around-the-world-turning-blood-red-people-fear-it-is-a-sign-of-the-end-times/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/europe/russia-locust-swarms/

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E__FQPW8_QY

All 2015. We are in the end times. These plagues are all mentioned IN THE BIBLE ( Gods word) to happen in the end times before jesus comes to save the believers from hell .

Plagues ( in order)

1. Water to Blood

2. Locust Plague
3. Frog Plague