45

How do i know God is real?

Ragman

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 06:51 am
@FBM,
What a tricky god...covered his/her/its tracks.
ContraTodo

-2  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 06:59 am
@FBM,
God just is. God came from absolutley nothing, that is what I said at first.
That is why He is God in the first place.
He created everything in such a way to not only experience NOT being God, but to also prove that He indeed came from absolutely nothing.
Even if we cause Him to not exist anymore, He would just come back, evident by His life as Christ; His death and resurrection.
That the universe 'just is' is pretty much how to understand Steven Hawkings theory. But it is God who just is.

2  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:00 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Wouldn't that make it more of a tracky god?

FBM

2  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:03 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Sadistic bastid, too, using its super-powers to hide from us mere mortals, then demanding that we believe despite lack of evidence or burn in hell for all eternity. If that god really did exist, I'd tell it to go **** itself. I have more compassion than that, and I'm a garden variety asshole.
FBM

3  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:11 am
@ContraTodo,
ContraTodo wrote:

The universe just is. The universe came from absolutely nothing, that is what I'm saying now.
That is why it is the universe in the first place.
Yada yada yada.

The question is about evidence, not fantasical, bald assertions that can't be tested or verified. Faith is for the weak of mind. Man up.
ContraTodo

-1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:17 am
@FBM,
I think the lake of fire is the method of non-existence -
"... and death and hell were cast into the lake of fire..." Rev 20:14
Rev 21:4- No more death (at all, Isaiah 11:6-9)
Matthew 10:28 "... fear Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell fire"
It is the lake of fire that should be thought of as the ultimate 'hell'

I think one can choose to fight the 'non-existence' and stay 'being' but it is painful. One can also choose to let go and be overcome by the fire and thereby no longer exist. The devil will forever be tormented because he wants everyone to no longer exist, and some will never choose it, rather choosing eternal pain.
Christ experienced a similar thing via death by a cross.
For God will have every righteous reason to judge us, and therefore it must be that He Himself became human, for how can God judge me if He does not know what it is like to be a human and suffer pain?

ContraTodo

-1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:18 am
@FBM,
My assertions/assumptions stem from the Bible, a very old book that for some reason is still widely popular.
FBM

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:24 am
@ContraTodo,
What evidence do you have that the Bible's claims about a supernatural, invisible, undetectable, omnisicient, omnipresent thing in the sky actually exists? I'm not too keen on abandoning common sense and empirical evidence in favor of Bronze Age mythology thought up by a bunch of illiterate goat herders who thought genocide and slavery were good to go.
ContraTodo

-1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:30 am
@FBM,
Yada yada yada.

Hmmm, Steven Hawking did indeed provide Math and much evidence for the theory you now stand by (after i stated it Smile) So yep, I'd say my statements are pretty 'manly' indeed, because remember firstly Steven also proved with evidence that the universe started with a bang; at a certain point. Then for some reason He choose to try to disprove his own theory, coming up with the theory that is summed up by saying the universe 'just is' but..... it is God who just is, Exodus 3:14 "I am that I am"
FBM

0  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:32 am
@ContraTodo,
Fail. Hawking is an avowed atheist. Try again. What evidence do you have for your god?

FBM

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:35 am
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/best-stephen-hawking-quotes-9.png
Ragman

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:36 am
@FBM,
There 'ya go again - trying to make sense and use logic to someone that don't speak that sort of language.
FBM

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:39 am
@Ragman,
It's a weakness of mine. I'll get over it someday.
ContraTodo

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:42 am
@FBM,
Here is some strong proof coming up shortly, ready?
Revelation 13:3 talks about one of the heads of beast #1 getting wouned to death and then healed. I am pretty sure as of this day, that the head to be mortally wounded is the Pope.
The Pope said in 2014 - "2 or 3 more years then it's off to the Fathers house" - that puts the death of the Pope sometime around 2016.
If it happens in 2016, well, Revelation 13:3 speaks of it and, 13 + 3 = 16.

Also Revelation 6:3-6 describe our times very well, from Hitler to Obama.
So, I guess just wait to see if indeed the Pope gets mortally wounded by 2016.
Then I hope you would at least consider everything in the Bible.
FBM

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:44 am
@ContraTodo,
Using the Bible as evidence to support the claims made in the Bible is circular reasoning. Google it. What real evidence do you have?
FBM

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:46 am
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/tumblr_me1pfhfMQS1r7qpeho6_r1_1280.jpg

ContraTodo

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:48 am
@FBM,
How does that answer anything? It is Steven who first supposedly proved that there was a big bang at one point in time, and then that same man Steven, for whatever reason went on to disprove his own theory. What of that? Both of his theories actually fully support the Bible. "The big crunch" - Isaiah 65:17, 65:22 , 2 Peter 3:10-12, Rev 21:1 "The big bang" - Genesis 1:3
FBM

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:50 am
@ContraTodo,
Hawking thinks the Bible is bullshit. What does quoting the Bible do to support the claims made in the Bible? Nothing. Circular reasoning. You apparently didn't look it up.
ContraTodo

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:57 am
@FBM,

I'm using what may happen in the future as proof that what the Bible says is true. If it does not happen, then ok, i end my argument.

What i'm saying is that a very clear thing that was stated in the Bible is about to happen by the year 2016 or 2017. Namely the Pope (or some other politcal figure) being mortally wounded and then somehow seemingly healed from death.
My other evidence for this, that is not from the Bible, is what the Pope himself said in 2014 - "2 or 3 more years and then it's off to the fathers house" - that puts the death of the Pope sometime around 2016.
And very interestingly enough it is Revelation 13:3 that speaks of this mortal wound, and 13 + 3 = 16. that's just Math, that happens to be in the Bible.
ContraTodo

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 08:01 am
@FBM,
Steven himself uses circular reasoning.
Steven went against his own evidence (of the big bang) to then claim that the universe 'just is.' If you can accept Stevens research, you can accept that God just is. I see no quotes from the Bible in what i just said.