I am injured. Dammit.

ossobuco

Sun 14 Apr, 2013 05:38 pm
@roger,
True.

Re our old place, it has been, at least when I was there and I think quite beyond, somewhat iconic in the area. Iconic one way or another, including a place to play or work against. But that was eight years ago that I left; I haven't been there lately. Far as I know, the shows are still excellent.

The people in the area didn't need to look it up online.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:42 pm
@ossobuco,
I always say Google is my best friend, want to know something? Google.

But tis true hey... Sheez. Yellow pages can even be googled so why bother having a bulky book sitting in your office, let alone advertise in it ...

With my business, I only advertise on the realestate site, no paper advertising though the local rag can be very good if you can afford to keep it up.

IDK you do need a lot of knowledge to create something great, via a website, I sell, market, technology and me don't go hand in hand very well.................

sigh
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 16 Apr, 2013 06:08 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

~Ouch X 12 !

Going down stairs is one of the most danger-filled things one can do. It follows right behind getting on the top of a step stool.

Joe(it's safer to bungee jump)Nation

Would a walking stick in one hand, and the other hand on the bannister be increasing the safety factor? I can't remember if there is a bannister? I was only there once.
ossobuco

Tue 16 Apr, 2013 06:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Re visual or physical getting along -

I had various challenges on my last trip to Italy, for a month, 1999, mostly alone. I pretty much liked the alone part, so don't feel sorry for me. I was, though, careful about subway station steps, having done step gliding in my past. Say a subway in Rome at going to work time in the morning (6:30?).. you alight the flights of steps but don't always or mostly at all touch them, a kind of humanity slide. When that happened to me, my husband, ex now but still a likeable person, and certainly strong, couldn't have saved me. We were all salmon on our way to spawn or something. Total lift off.

Also, in some glorious places with endless marble steps .. I could do it, but wasn't ms. speedo.
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 16 Apr, 2013 08:19 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
I was only there once.

Have you actually been to Joe Nation's, Foofie?
Foofie

Wed 17 Apr, 2013 09:28 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
I was only there once.

Have you actually been to Joe Nation's, Foofie?

There are steps in his neighborhood, since it is hilly.
JTT

Wed 17 Apr, 2013 10:02 am
@Foofie,
I guess your answer is "No, I haven't". I just thought that if you had, Joe could easily have straightened Setanta out about his obsession that you & Miller are one and the same.
Foofie

Wed 17 Apr, 2013 10:20 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

I guess your answer is "No, I haven't". I just thought that if you had, Joe could easily have straightened Setanta out about his obsession that you & Miller are one and the same.

She has two "X" chromosomes. I do not.

And, Santa bypasses my home each Christmas. Perhaps, she is getting my Christmas presents?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Thu 18 Apr, 2013 10:38 am
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/61564_10200213138788383_1081267079_n.jpg

Ahem. So here are the stairs up to Ft. Washington, they are not the steepest climb in the neighborhood but they are in the top five.

I did 1.8 miles this morning and then climbed these to go get a chicken for dinner.

Joe(my knees LOVE these stairs)Nation
JTT

Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:39 am
@Joe Nation,
Let me get this straight - Miller lives in Boston, Foofie lives in New York but they are the same person.
Joe Nation

Thu 18 Apr, 2013 12:26 pm
@JTT,
Hi, JTT,
I have no idea where both or either lives.

Joe(so far, it hasn't mattered to me)Nation
JTT

Thu 18 Apr, 2013 12:52 pm
@Joe Nation,
It only matters if they are in your clique, right, Joe?
margo

Thu 18 Apr, 2013 04:59 pm
Joe

Glad to see that, if you have a problem with those stairs, emergency medical services are waiting! Laughing
FOUND SOUL

Thu 18 Apr, 2013 05:11 pm
@margo,
Quote:
emergency medical services are waiting!

Haha, I saw that too....

Whoa, that's a heck of an achievement, I'd only make a couple of steps and then remember, probbbbbly fall down Smile
0 Replies

JTT

Thu 18 Apr, 2013 05:18 pm
@Joe Nation,
Just imagine that in that location once stood beauty.
Joe Nation

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 02:43 am
@JTT,
Gosh, I'd love to have a clique, but apparently I don't.

Are you in my purported clique?

Joe(huh, are you?)Nation
Joe Nation

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 02:47 am
@margo,
It made me laugh to think about it.

How would the Daily News run the headline?

Your Emergency Tax Dollars at Work

And then a picture of my broad butt heading up the stairs with the ambulance in the foreground.

Joe(have to use the wide lens)Nation
0 Replies

McTag

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 02:49 am
@Joe Nation,

I've not been in this thread before.
It's nice here.
Joe, are you running in the NYCM?

Mc(I can't be bothered to back read a gazillion pages)Tag
Joe Nation

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:10 am
@McTag,
Good to hear from you, McTag. I hope all is well with you and yours.

A Brief History
of the
Completely Uninteresting Recent Events
in the Running Career
of
Joe(there he goes)Nation.

While preparing for my fifth NYC Marathon, I threw my back out. But, tough as nails, still got ready to limp my way through it.
Then, the event known as Hurricane Sandy made promoters cancel, for the first time ever, the Marathon. That was lucky for me because I was not in any shape to do the distance. Meh.

I did my exercises, got better and was back on the road in Mid-February. That's when, while going out to take a photo of the sunrise, I stepped on a very icy driveway ~~~skied, slid, skated, snowplowed my way down the hilly pavement. My right knee got badly twisted.

I have been nursing myself back to running shape in preparation for doing the NEXT marathon in the first week of November. I have to make the decision by mid-May.

What gets me (and I have to work on this) is that, because I never get injured, I am not a particularly patient patient.

Thank you for being patient enough to read all of this rant.

Joe(on we go)Nation
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:25 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Just imagine that in that location once stood beauty.

never a truer word ...

I imagine JoeN's beauteous beloved has stood in that spot at least once.