Lib Dem British MP Castigates Israel

Foofie

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 09:17 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Why the hell should they give up their ancestral homeland to a bunch of rapacious, greedy Jews who have spent a century trying to rob them? You're a bigoted bitch, Miller, and your "solution" is a Palestinian "final solution."

No. My solution is a Diaspora, as I already stated. You are playing with words when you make reference to a "final solution" that kills no one. I dare say you would not have been born in the U.S., if ancestors did not find it advantageous to come to America. I think that kind of practical thinking would be best for the Palestinians, since regardless of the "cause" (aka, Czarist Russia, then the Holocaust), many Israelis perceive Israel as the end of the road, before the Last Days.

Since the Palestinians have not experienced the rabid hate of Christian Europe, it really would be the most expedient (aka, 21st century) solution to the hostilities. I think more of those of your political opinion need to give credence to the fact that Israelis might be collectively suffering from PTHD (Post Traumatic Holocaust Disorder). And, needless to say, they have modern weapon systems. So, if WWIII starts in Israel, in my opinion, the opinions espoused by the liberal media might have given the enemies of Israel a feeling of confidence. What goes around comes around. And, you do know the story of Masada. The Israelis have been referred to as having a Masada complex. Do you blame them? The Romans at Masada wanted to enslave them; the Czar wanted to convert them; the Nazis wanted to kill them. This history can have its own effect; more I believe than just having the British as one's historical nemesis.

You need not agree with me; however, your commiserating with the Palestinians not having total autonomy in their indigenous land should not ignore that, in my opinion, much of Europe not wanting Jews in their countries. Israel was a solution to intractable European anti-Semitism. Not being religious, in my opinion, does not allow one to ignore the sins of one's people; or, do you not identify with many Europeans, being of Celtic heritage? Well, the Celts came off of the Indian sub-continent 10,000 years ago. They have been Europeans for a long time, and in keeping the lights on for Nazi bombers to find England voted for the Nazis, in my opinion.

In effect, I am saying you come up with no real solutions. Just a lot of criticism,which seems sort of shrill (aka, worthless) on the forum, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 09:20 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Exactly, not only that they're so rooted in hatred and notions of racial superiority they can't comprehend that someone could be moved by the suffering of others. I've noticed that everyone posting on the Palestinian side wants a prosperous Israel living in peace and harmony with its neighbours. That's the last thing Advocate wants, he wants an imperialist expansionist Israel.

Advocate is not Israeli, I would guess.

By the way, I do not feel superior to you because I am Jewish. I feel superior to you because I am an American, educated on the GI bill, and likely born into a higher social class, here in NYC, than you were in Britain. I do subscribe to the British class system.
Foofie

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 09:23 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Israel should buy South or North Dakota…and set up shop there; I am sure the particulars could be worked out by our congress.

Then you'll see full blown anti-Semitism.

That's why Israel exists as a Zionist state.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 09:23 pm
@Foofie,
FYI, being born in a "higher social class" doesn't make you a better human.

JTT

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 09:25 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
... educated on the GI bill,

Did you get to commit any war crimes, Foofie? Given your background, the opportunities were endless. Given your sickening personal biases, you come off as a very willing candidate.
Foofie

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 09:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Your ability to see other cultures as being brutal seems hypocritical when you can't see what the Jews are doing to the Palestinians; your ability at selective violence belongs in psycho analysis.

Don't forget what the Jews have done to WASP Americans by giving them some competition to their superior intelligence.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 09:26 pm
@Foofie,
Not all Jews are "intelligent." No race or culture has a monopoly on smarts.
Foofie

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 09:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

FYI, being born in a "higher social class" doesn't make you a better human.

Please don't proselytize liberal thinking. We are all not equal. And, if one subscribes to the social class system, yes, being of a higher social class does make one a better human to those that also subscribe to the social class system.

You see, only for those that are religious can say that in God's eyes, we are all equal; however, for us secular types, believing that we are all equal is just plain dumb. And, social class does sort humanity into those that deserve more, and those that don't. Life is not kindergarten. Sort of like the military; rank has its privilege.
Foofie

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 09:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Not all Jews are "intelligent." No race or culture has a monopoly on smarts.

Correct; however, the Jewish culture emphasizes industriousness. So does the Japanese culture and the German culture. And, Israel is not having an adversarial relationship with Germany, nor Japan.

And, my original point was that American Jews can give WASP America some competition with their superior intelligence. So, you can glean from that thought what I think of non-WASP America (that is white non-WASP America).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 10:09 pm
@Foofie,
You wrote,
Quote:
yes, being of a higher social class does make one a better human to those that also subscribe to the social class system.

You never studied sociology or didn't learn anything from taking the class(es).
georgeob1

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 10:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You never studied sociology or didn't learn anything from taking the class(es).

Are you an expert in the field?
oralloy

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 10:21 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
We wouldent want truth and fact to be in conflict with Isralie propaganda.

Don't worry. Israel hasn't lied yet, and they are unlikely to start now.

The only liars are the freaks who support the Palestinians.
oralloy

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 10:33 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
In other sections of the British media, responses to David Ward's speech have been different. Many Jews have supported what he said, including Noam Chomsky, who agreed there was "nothing remotely antisemitic in his remarks, which are in fact familiar in Israeli discussions".

Noam Chomsky is a known liar and anti-Semite.

Falsely accusing Jews of atrocities is just the standard blood libel that anti-Semites have been spewing for centuries.

Feebly attempting to disguise the anti-Semitism by directing the false charges at Israel instead of at Jews does not change anything.

Likewise, the fact that self-hating Jews like to barf up anti-Semitism is unfortunate, but their anti-Semitism deserves no more credibility than what is spewed by any other anti-Semite.

contrex wrote:
This letter appeared in The Guardian:

Quote:
David Ward's offence is accusing "the Jews" of inflicting atrocities on Palestinians, within a few years of their own liberation from the death camps.

This is much ado about nothing. Ward's error in referring to "the Jews" rather than "Jewish people" is entirely understandable. The sole purpose of the synthetic outrage Ward's remarks have generated is designed to stifle criticism of Israel and suppress free speech.

When anti-Semites spew hateful lies about Israel, it is right that those lies be stifled.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 10:34 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

being of a higher social class does make one a better human to those that also subscribe to the social class system.

It's also a wonderful emotional crutch for those who don't believe in their own self worth as individuals.
oralloy

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 10:37 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
maxdancona wrote:
The reason the David Ward comment is obscene (and I agree that it is obscene) is that it compares behavior he disagrees with with the barbaric act of the Nazi's. Using the Holocaust for political ends is obscene in any frame.

He is comparing barbaric and inhuman behaviour (by Israel) with barbaric and inhuman behaviour (by Nazi Germany). I agree that using the Holocaust for political ends is deplorable, for example when it is used by Israeli politicians to give themselves a free pass against any criticism.

Israel doesn't use the Holocaust as a free pass against criticism.

They use the fact that the "criticism" is nothing but a pile of anti-Semitic lies, as a free pass against it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 10:40 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
I believe MP David Ward's words, quoted here, were a reasonable and pointed criticism, portraying one of the many cruel ironies of human history. In particular this;
Quote:
I am saddened that the Jews, who suffered unbelievable levels of persecution during the Holocaust, could within a few years of liberation from the death camps be inflicting atrocities on Palestinians in the new State of Israel and continue to do so on a daily basis in the West Bank and Gaza.'

Here he is entirely accurate.

There is nothing at all accurate about what he said. Israel is hardly committing atrocities.

And since nothing that guy said was even remotely the truth, there was nothing reasonable about him saying it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 10:47 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I agree that Israel has acted barbarically toward the Palestinians.

Israel hasn't acted barbarically. They merely defend themselves because the Palestinians refuse to make peace and keep trying to murder civilians.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 11:00 pm
@oralloy,
All this talk of lies and liars from a renowned liar like you, Oralboy. Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 11:00 pm
@georgeob1,
Why? Are you an expert in anything?
georgeob1

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 11:05 pm