Lola at the Coffee House

firefly

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:31 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
A friend of mine is addicted to the ketchup-flavoured ones, they're apparently a Canajun specialty flavour.

Same is true of ketchup flavored potato chips, which I happen to like. Sometimes I can find them, there is one company that distributes them here, but they do seem to be more popular in Canada.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:33 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
I don't know if JTT is male or female, nor do I really care. Gender is irrelevant in a poster who is obsessed with single issues, and disrupting threads, rather than starting them to actually discuss those issues.

JTT is trying to get us to discuss an important issue. I did do once on the basis that his whole life-style is based on the policy of the government is respect of the issue. That he is just as implicated in these things as we all are. I didn't get anywhere.

But I think a little irritation on the matter might well be a good thing.
firefly

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I'm back to recycling as of yore. (Another subject - we are about to get humongous blue barrels. I have nowhere to put mine.

I keep my blue recycling bin next to my garbage can. Seems to be the handiest place.
Quote:

Do you KNOW how long the ketchup has been in my refrigerator? It'll never die, and I just about never use it.

I use ketchup mainly when I make hamburgers or meatloaf. Sometimes I will also add it to some Chinese sauces. And I also use it to make my own Russian dressing. I find it comes in handy from time to time.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:45 pm
@vonny,
can we get stoned on hemp milk?

I havent got really stoned for almost 35 years. I once sat in the Atlanta airport all fucke up so badly that I could barely move. SO I missed two flights home and learnt an important lesson. However I forgot what it was.
Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:48 pm
@McTag,
and we should give a **** about that fact because?
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:48 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

JTT is trying to get us to discuss an important issue.

So, JTT should start a thread to discuss that issue.
JTT

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:56 pm
@firefly,
Firefly, you and most of the rest of the A2K are much too cowardly to even begin to discuss that issue. You can't even bring yourself to say it.

Gracie started a thread to discuss that issue and the whole thread was A2Kers desperately trying to avoid talking about that issue, mostly by talking about me.

But again, I have to ask - what is it in your character that fails regarding US war crimes and terrorism, oops, that issue when you give such a strong impression that you are a moral and righteous person?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 04:02 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Merry starts the thread - Who spends top $$$ on milary? Hint: not the USA

He get a few questions;

Frankwall: Well, there is a big difference between the most militarised country in the world and the country that spends the most on its military. It certainly is the USA. [Look at statistics from 2011 and you'll see the USA is way ahead, followed by China.]

The part in brackets is a hotlink;

http://www.statista.com/statistics/157935/countries-with-the-highest-military-spending/

JPB: Whose money does Israel spend to achieve this status?

and guess what? If you said Merry led a long and balanced discussion on the issue he raised, well, I hope you didn't bet the farm. Merry disappeared. gasps from the A2K crowd. "our Merry, no way!!!
JTT

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 04:06 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Don't start that gender stereotyping/sexist nonsense.

There's that moral outrage that FF is famous for. Ten odd million innocents at the hands of US governments only gets a MEH.

Quote:
There is too much sniping going on here already, Lustig, so, please, don't add to it, even in jest, or just to be provocative.

Yeah, Merry, you hear that you big doofus! Any sniping to be done around here will be done solely by Firefly.

I'm beginning to wonder if 'hypocrisy' and its other forms are even in US dictionaries.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 04:17 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
JTT's method of arguing has 'female' written all over it. There is a total lack of logic and all the arguments are based on emotion rather than reason. (Not that that's always a bad thing. ) But if it makes the ladies here uncomfortable, I shall refer to JTT with the neuter pronoun in the future. It's posts are largely nothing more than mindless diatribes.

I see that you are not making any attempts to hide your sexist nature either, Merry.

[There's that peculiar grasp of the word 'hypocrisy' rearing its head once more]

Merry Andrew: [on how to honestly discuss the US's invasions of Iraq & Afghanistan]

Quote:
I'm making no attempt whatever to be fair. I'm expressing my opinions and recognizing that that's all they are. To be fair, I'd have to look at both sides of the issue. I don't intend to. You can have your half-assed opinions and welcome to them. I have mine and I have expressed them. You disagree, fine. That's your privilege. I have no desire nor intent to try and change your mind.

**** 'fair.'

See in,

Afghanistan and Iraq: a retrospective (for JTT)

http://able2know.org/topic/203331-2

===============

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 04:57 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
So, JTT should start a thread to discuss that issue.

Where better to discuss issues than a coffee-house. It's what coffee-houses were invented for. It's what they are.

Is it that American thing again where you write "coffee-house" and, hey presto, you have a coffee-house.

The days of talking about beer in pubs is long gone now that beer technology is so brilliant.

Discussing ketchup is ridiculous. Nay--******* ridiculous, when there's a top Newsnight reporter claiming that the US has the jitters.

Where's Bernie when you need him. He has a theory about giving us the jitters.
spendius

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:10 pm
@JTT,
You need to remember JT that people develop a high and usually unjustified opinion of themselves simply by not having themselves tested out. Any sign of being tested out and ADD is conjured up. Or OCD. Or alcoholism.

They fondly believe that an international debate forum is much like the debate in their own social circles which they have carefully chosen, manipulated, to avoid being tested out.

That's why they are so shocked and horrified when they discover that they have made a mistake. And react in the usual manner.
JTT

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:21 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
JTT's method of arguing has 'female' written all over it. There is a total lack of logic and all the arguments are based on emotion rather than reason. (Not that that's always a bad thing. Smile )

Hawkeye or BillRM never would have heard the end of this.

Why does Merry get a pass? Hell, even Firefly wasn't able to work up her normal sense of outrage. She powder puffed it. Osso defends Merry.

What is that word that puzzles me so? It's got something to do with how Americans can hold two, or often more, seriously conflicting ideas even within the space of two breaths.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 08:51 pm
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ucomics.com/crhea130416.gif
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 09:48 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Where better to discuss issues than a coffee-house. It's what coffee-houses were invented for. It's what they are

They are also a private enterprise with no " Constitutional rights of acess" except that of the good will of the owner, proprietess and the mass of customers. SO for one of the "welcomed" clientele(spendius) to attempt to dictate what the others must endure is not within these agreements. You are a customer and a "Guest", subject to all the requirementrs of good behavior so that, shouldthe proprietess state that person "X" or "Y" is unwelcome, you just have to help her carry out her wishes.

She has done so and I think Id like to remind you of your own good behavior. YOU seem to be the only person who still has the insane one not on ignore. I, for one, find it annoying to be even reminded of the insane ones existence by reference, so I propose that itd be a really simple matter to extend the same courtesy to you should you wish to usurp the house rules of "welcome" so stated by the owner. You at least dont take yourself that seriously as does the "I O" (insane one)

The IO has been reminded several times to start his (or her) own threads and bay at the moon and cast insults at passersby on that thread. HE wishes to make a boor of him9her)self and suffers an almost exclusive banishment by virtue of "no follow on responses" by folks of common sense.

This has been a place of fellowship and good manners (with the exception of the IO's rants), which is a continuing pathological characteristic he displays although he fails to recognize the pathology.
Its too bad because, IO is apparently lacking in the minimal intellectual and social skills by which to even begin a discourse on the topic with which he (she) is so obsessed.
Almost everyone here has attempted a reasonable discussion train with the IO one at one time or another. WIth him, should you disgaree with even one point ofhis theses, you become bait for rudeness and insult. I personally wont put up with behavior of a mindless OCD twelve year old who is probably the rudest person in these fora. (That in itself is an attainment for him to brag onbecause as he must recognize by now,fewer and fewer people are even going to waste time in any discussion
. Hes in an ever incresing spiral of non-0existence so hes having no effect.He tries to bait folks with seemingly reasonable initial contacts, only to turn into a raving loon when the person first states "Now hold on" ..."I cant agree with that last statement"

I spend time on A2K all for fun and relaxation, the IO doesnt understand that theres nothing that requires adherance to his one-horse "babblings". I assume that hes probably getting increasingly strident from the mere number of dead posts to which noone responds.

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 09:58 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
They are also a private enterprise with no " Constitutional rights of acess" except that of the good will of the owner, proprietess and the mass of customers.

the US government has been very clear that these rights are provisional, all one needs to do to go around them is to get your group certified as a protected victims group...you know..... women, not white, confused sexuality and so on.
farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 10:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Wink Or restaurant owners
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 12:09 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Where's Bernie when you need him. He has a theory about giving us the jitters.

That's what I want to know...........actually I do know. He's rebuilding fences, painting houses and rebuilding sheds with a jelly bean aquarium, so that when the sun actually finally shines (up there in rain land of Vancouver Island) on the jelly beans in the aquarium, they melt and drip and attract ants. So in short, he's obsessively building, rebuilding, redoing and repainting.
Lola

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 12:12 am
@farmerman,
Well said, fm.