Lola at the Coffee House

vonny

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:20 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh please don't say JTT is a she! Bad enough that it's a he!
vonny

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:21 pm
>>>bump<<<
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:22 pm
and again!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:23 pm
last time - BUMP
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:24 pm
@vonny,
Hemp milk, now there's one I haven't tried, and likely won't. Seems sort of like swallowing a piece of material nestling in a glass of water.

I will admit to looking up the recipe for making your own almond milk - easy and inexpensive too. I'll try making that soon.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:27 pm
@vonny,
vonny wrote:

Oh please don't say JTT is a she! Bad enough that it's a he!

JTT's method of arguing has 'female' written all over it. There is a total lack of logic and all the arguments are based on emotion rather than reason. (Not that that's always a bad thing. Laughing) But if it makes the ladies here uncomfortable, I shall refer to JTT with the neuter pronoun in the future. It's posts are largely nothing more than mindless diatribes.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:42 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Granted, but I don't categorize persistent mindless diatribers as male or female as a group.

But enough on that person. My opinion on the behavior (not about the opinions, the behavior) has been clear for at least a decade, followed by the Don't Feed plan.

Back to one of my favorite subjects, food. I had one of the pork and beef spicy sausage patties (h'made) with some so called french rolls (mixed grains) and h'made mustard. Damned good if I do say so - I'm going to make those patties again, assuming I noted what all I put in them. Some ancho chile and tomato sauce and garlic and fennel and S & P.

No need to buy expensive cute little jars of mustard again. Snort, now there's a ripoff, though I've always liked cute little jars.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Hemp milk, now there's one I haven't tried,

Tried it for the first time today! Made from hemp seeds - not really very nice, but oh so healthy! Much prefer almond milk - mmm that's delicious!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:53 pm
@firefly,
Some of the mini rice cakes are quite tasty - the sour cream and onion ones are tasty. A friend of mine is addicted to the ketchup-flavoured ones, they're apparently a Canajun specialty flavour.

https://skyrisefoods.com/store/pc/catalog/Chips/Quaker%20Minis%20-%20%20Ketchup%20(100g).gif

mmmmmm dill

someone in this house has been known to eat these

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server500/83a7f/products/2027/images/2119/CrispyMinis-CaramelKettleCorn-__84533.1276323058.1280.1280.gif
vonny

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:

JTT's method of arguing has 'female' written all over it. There is a total lack of logic and all the arguments are based on emotion rather than reason.

I disagree with that, Lustig Andrei. Personally I feel that my arguments are based on emotion and on reason - it just depends what the argument's about.

But on the subject of JTT - I concur with the use of the neuter pronoun in future - less insulting to either sex!
vonny

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:58 pm
@ehBeth,
There are some salt and vinegar flavoured rice cakes that are really delicious - very flavoursome!
ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:00 pm
@vonny,
I'm in trouble now - caught up on the food pix and now I'm leaving to go to 3+ hours of dance class - and I'm ravenous!

Watch out Frankie!

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:10 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
But the challenge of doing them also affords mental stimulation,

But it is mental stimulation which the compiler is in charge of and thus directing. It is like Q&A in lessons for the young. Or teaching machines which were in vogue for a short period. The instructor has an agenda.

The recourse to puzzles implies that the world provides little mental stimulation and that doesn't apply to me. I might take up crosswords if I was in a cell.

Quote:
Those who have knowledge of Pavlov's work, unlike you, know that it involved conditioned reflexes. He studied classical conditioning.

Never mind that tripe ff. I understand Pavlov from back to front. It's easy. And I have a few of Skinner's books, which I have read. All the ads on TV are based on operant conditioning. Classical conditioning seems to me to be based on aversion therapy. Skinner opined that woe betide a society which does without aversion conditioning.

Ever hear about the mouse saying to another mouse--"hey Mick, I've got this scientist trained. Every time I tinkle the bell he gives me a piece of cheese." Dogs are experts at that game. Domesticated ones I mean. Some women are nearly as good.

It's all been well known for a few thousand years. All those guys did was describe it with big words and long sentences.

Here's a puzzle for you---using behavioural science explain why the Church has never condemned female homosexuality.

Quote:
Being able to solve a crossword puzzle can result in positive, rewarding feelings, pleasure, which is one reason people enjoy doing them.

I presume the ones who can get rewarding pleasure are the very same ones who enjoy such mind-numbing exercises. How can you say something as dumb as that?

If you witness a pub quiz, as I have unfortunately had to do every Thursday night for a few years, you can watch a quiz-master control the thoughts of a roomful of eager and attentive punters, most going through two hours on one half-pint of weak beer and leaving as soon as the quiz ends, which is when conversation gets a lot more stimulating. One minute you're in the Pop charts from ten years ago and the next you are up the Amazon, or the Nile.
It's "To get you facts
When someone attacks your imaginatshiuuuuuunnnnn".

Golf is the same. The pleasure of the good shot is so wonderful that it wipes the memory clean of the 96 bad ones and is worth the $$$$$s spent on it. Being told about such things is very aversive.

You getting dolled up is due to nothing else but the constant and unremitting application of conditioned reinforcers on worked-out schedules. The power of them is recognised in law when alimony is awarded on the basis of what the lady is used to, i.e. her conditioning, and it being deemed a cruel and unusual punishment, seeing as the break up is not her fault, to require her to lower her standards. Which, of course, it is.

And we men are conditioned to respond to a certain type of "dolled up" (the Christian type), whereas in some places dolled up is flat noses or very big bottoms or tiny feet or plate lips or cushions tied to the back or snaky hip movements. Singly or in combination.

Crosswords are not a way of exercising the memory. They selectively exercise memory and all the other memories are blotted out when they are doing it.

Quote:
It can also be fun, something you seem to be out of touch with.

There you go. That's the sort of thing they do to people. We all are supposed to get our fun your way OR we are out of touch with fun. Dream on babe. Tickling your fancy is not bad fun. I bet crosswords can't do that. And if getting dolled up elicits no response at the visceral level it must be quite disappointing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:13 pm
@ehBeth,
Do you KNOW how long the ketchup has been in my refrigerator? It'll never die, and I just about never use it. Something like four years now. I should toss it, of course. But it's still 3/4 full.

Ok, ok, I will toss it. There.

I feel better already. And maybe it will help preserve the existing foodstuffs in the city dump. But no, I'll wash it out, since I'm back to recycling as of yore. (Another subject - we are about to get humongous blue barrels. I have nowhere to put mine. Maybe I'll add rocks and put it in my street parking space.)

My tastebuds have increasingly turned against sweet, unless it's maple syrup or chocolate, something of major deliciousness.
spendius

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:19 pm
@vonny,
I said that JTT is a lady a long while ago and he vigorously denied it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:21 pm
@vonny,
One of my vices is salt and pepper kettle chips. This is quite stupid, and expensive on top of it. I can make potato slivers with salt and pepper. But there is something flatulously luxurious about opening a big and forbidden sack of salt wrapped goodness, oh, look at the cellophane (whatever) tearing. Shear gratification, even before the first chip.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:23 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
JTT's method of arguing has 'female' written all over it. There is a total lack of logic and all the arguments are based on emotion rather than reason.

Don't start that gender stereotyping/sexist nonsense.

There is too much sniping going on here already, Lustig, so, please, don't add to it, even in jest, or just to be provocative.

I don't know if JTT is male or female, nor do I really care. Gender is irrelevant in a poster who is obsessed with single issues, and disrupting threads, rather than starting them to actually discuss those issues. JTT is mainly an irritant who acts in a manner that is actually counter-productive to actually getting his/her issues discussed because they are invariably raised in an intrusive, digressive, and sniping way, by barging into an inappropriate thread. If JTT were interested in pursuing a serious discussion, rather than merely creating some flack, and gaining some attention, I think he/she would adopt different tactics. Right now, JTT is really asking to be ignored and dismissed--and I am quite willing to accommodate that.

spendius

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Put it in the bathroom osso. That's the place for the humongous stuff.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:27 pm
@JTT,

Quote:
A man who has ordered a few hundred drone strikes [resulting in 4700+ murdered] was to be seen wringing his hands over the explosion in Boston and, as a side effect, putting the nation's riot squad on overtime.

That occurred to me, too. I was heartily sorry for the victims, but I thought at least they don't have drones flying overhead, shooting at them.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:28 pm
@Lustig Andrei,

JTT is not female.