Lola at the Coffee House

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 05:41 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
On the game, Lola, I am interested in a bunch of people on both sides.

I like kaepernick for his brains past the obvious great physique. I don't even like tattoos, but I like him. He is easily as religious as Tebow, but he doesn't prima dona with it, much.

I also like Flacco, who has suffered much as an observed dullard.
Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 05:44 pm
Oh boy! All my friends. This is cheery. Look out over there on the couch, limit of 5, 4 if with Marmalade.

Wassau, bring the crumpets and please explain, if you will what they are and who you are. georgeob hasn't met you. (Look out of Wassau, if someone wants to make too much trouble. He's the boss.)

The place has been ungodly quiet for a long time, George. I think I went into hybernation and Wassau just sat and looked out the window for the last several years.

So glad to be back. Now, I'll dust while Wassau gets your drinks and we watch the game. I hope it's not depressing.

(Turning on the TV) But, oh wait, there's Setanta, wandering around on the corner again. I'll go an get him. But what is that he's wearing on his head?
roger

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 05:49 pm
@Lola,
He just found out what a crumpet was, and decided it would make a swell wig.
Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 06:00 pm
@ossobuco,
OK so far. Ravens 7 49ers 3.

I'll watch for the players. I wish someone would find a way to make me care about this game. The bodies are good, but I fear from the brains.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 06:01 pm
@roger,
So that's what Set has on his head?
A crumpet? (Standing at the door, calling out) Set, get in here............Oh no, now where's he going?
roger

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 06:09 pm
@Lola,
I'm sure it was. Like George, I'm a bit hazy on the whole crumpet concept.
Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 06:15 pm
@roger,
That's not a crumpet, roger, it's a pikelet. Or is it a turtle?

Set, get that pikelet off your head and get in here. You can sit in your favorite place here at the table by the window.

Roger, wanna pikelet with marmalade?
Bennet

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 06:17 pm
@Lola,
I'm only visiting if it's a café hookah. So is it a coffee and hookah house?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 06:17 pm
@roger,
Crumpets are basically delicious, especially sweeped with butter, oh, gawd. Only place I know around here to buy them is at Kellers, the butcher firm, near Albertson's and Jack and Rascals Pet Store.

I've considered trying to make them, which I take as easy enough, but I don't have the right forms, probably available at willams sonoma across town.
Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 06:23 pm
@Bennet,
Wassau, please direct Bennet to the hookah corner. And serve him/her a yummy buttery crumpet with jelly (marmalade is all out, the folks on the sofa have been eating it with a spoon).
Bennet

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 06:30 pm
@Lola,
Ah, excellent. I'll be sure to bring a reading companion with me.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 07:01 pm
Did I hear somebody say they were bringing strumpets?

(Damn hearing aid is buzzin' again.)
roger

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 07:15 pm
@Lola,
Setanta is either wearing a pikelet (small fish?) on his head, or a turtle. I wonder what he does when noone is watching.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 07:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The strumpets are in the other corner, Frank, across from the hookah. And yes, it may be a turtle on Set's head...............no, no, it's maybe one of those strumpets.
Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 07:46 pm
@Lola,
Well, the lights are out at the Super Bowl. All that money to remodel and look what happens.

Hot chocolate anyone?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 07:47 pm
What's with this obsession about what Setanta has on his head? This is Greenwich Village, folks, and people can wear whatever they damn' well please. I remember one time seeing a man in Sheridan Sq., right at the entrance to the Lion's Head (this was back in the days when the Clancy Bros. used to hang out there). He was wearing a regulation Scots' kilt, a pair of fancy-stitching cowboy boots and spurs on the boots.

A strumpet on Set's head? No big deal.
Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 07:55 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
True enough. And if he ignores her, she'll probably go away.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 07:57 pm
@Lola,
Assuming he can ignore her.

Hey! Where's ehBeth?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 07:59 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
She's flipping pancakes..
Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 09:08 pm
@ossobuco,