Lola at the Coffee House

Lola

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 12:14 am
I have only one more comment, given the activities and discussions of the day,

I like rice cakes with peanut butter.

With that, good night. See you all tomorrow.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 12:16 am
Well the "my posts" trick didn't work. Sorry McTag. It sounded promising, but no cigar.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 12:19 am
Great big ole fertilizer plant explosion in West, TX near Waco, not far from here. Wow! 2.1 on the Richter scale. It looks like a real large scale disaster. Sad. Another sadness.

Live every day as well as you can. And be grateful for what you get. Except for the bad stuff. For that, complain loudly.
Lola

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 12:31 am
Still no page turn. So annoying. I'm complaining. Now the hampsters show up and tell me all about "flood prevention" on my own thread! Stupid. Rolling my eyes. Ok going to bed anyway.
McTag

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 12:45 am
@Lola,
Quote:
fertilizer plant explosion in West, TX near Waco, not far from here.

In the amazing world we now live in, that incident is all over our TV coverage this morning, live stream and interviews.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 02:45 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Quote:

more than enough pointless grief and idle silliness for me for one day.

Need I say anything Setanta? Your post is self-explanatory, and possibly self-descriptive?

I owe you an apology Setanta - thought you were getting at me in your post, but on re-reading it - apparently not! Just me being too hyper-sensensitive! Once more, my apologies.
vonny

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 02:46 am
@vonny,
Oh - and before anyone picks me up on it .... hyper-sensitive!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 02:48 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
can we get stoned on hemp milk?

That was the first comment my husband made when I bought it! Unfortunately no - just very healthy!
Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 02:57 am
@vonny,
No worries . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 03:09 am
A cup of strong coffee, cream and sugar, if you please. Home fries made with onions and a pile of sausage links would be nice, too.
vonny

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 03:38 am
@Setanta,
Let me pay for that, Setanta, I owe you one!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 03:47 am
And perhaps a drink for you and ehBeth later?
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/233/cache/07-chicago-frontera-grill-bar_23392_600x450.jpg
Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 03:54 am
Ah, you're a sweet heart . . . i don't care what Lola says about you . . .
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 03:55 am
@vonny,
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/233/cache/07-chicago-frontera-grill-bar_23392_600x450.jpg

This place gives new meaning to the term "top shelf."

As an ex-bartender, I gotta wonder how a called-drink is handled!
vonny

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 04:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
The bartender wears springs - doing doing doing!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 04:24 am
@vonny,
vonny wrote:

Quote:
can we get stoned on hemp milk?

That was the first comment my husband made when I bought it! Unfortunately no - just very healthy!

I have been putting hemp powder in the concoction I drink for breakfast. For one thing, it gives an energy boost.

I need coffee please. Put an extra helping of black in it. Thank you.
spendius

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 04:44 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
SO for one of the "welcomed" clientele(spendius) to attempt to dictate what the others must endure is not within these agreements.

I have no power to dictate anything fm. Nor a desire to.

If I had I would insist on a collection being taken up on my behalf.

I refuse to use Ignore under any circumstances. JTT has insulted me a large number of times on the prescriptivist v descriptivist thread. So has ff on the Sofitel incident thread. On this one too. And you and your claque on the evolution threads have had years of snarling at me. Nobody asked Wilso to leave the evo threads.

The consensus is that you have alleged that I have a mental disorder. Totally unnecessarily. Simply as an excuse to denigrate my posts the easy way.

We all have attention deficits. It is considered a disorder by people who have drawn the line to suit their own purposes. And the accusation that somebody has a disorder in that respect foots up to a specious claim that the accuser does not have it.

JTT's strictures also apply to the British government and people.

osso criticised me on the crossword science and then allowed your accusation about me being mentally ill to stand without comment. That's a double standard.

I can't say that I wish to have what JTT is saying brushed under the carpet. There is room in a civilised discussion for that point to be raised if it has credibility. Opposition to child labour, public execution, religious intolerance, slavery, torture and pollution has been stifled at various times. It has in certain places been a crime in the US to publicly oppose slavery.

I don't mind pretending we are in a coffee-house. It's good fun. But we are actually on an international debate site.

I don't accept that a thread starter has any rights over what comes up. I certainly didn't think for a moment that I had any rights on the threads I started.

spendius

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 04:51 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I have been putting hemp powder in the concoction I drink for breakfast.

A transport manager once told me that the reason his firm used plastic ropes was that the immigrant labour which had come in had smoked all the older ropes.

It might not be an energy boost ed. It might be a "high".
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 04:55 am
@spendius,
Either way, I am content with the end result.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 05:08 am
@Lola,
Quote:
So in short, he's obsessively building, rebuilding, redoing and repainting.

That sort of thing is standard procedure Lola when a loved person rejects the lover. It's the only alternative to moping.

In Persuasion, Fred Wentworth went to sea for ten years after Anne rejected his marriage proposal. Melville mentions it in Moby Dick.

It's why I am opposed to allowing breaking up being easy. Especially at your ages.