Utah Sherrifs Warn Obunga, Federal Agencies

Foofie

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 08:12 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Foofie wrote:

I prefer civilians not to have guns

You are way too emotional and irrational, bunny foofoo
Civilians such as yourself should not have guns.

Correct. However, I would like to share my not having a gun with the rest of the civilian population, since I cannot believe that all lawful gun owners are all subscribers to sanctity of life beliefs. Especially, if there is some societal crises where I might then be perceived as having something that someone with a gun wants. I believe that in addition to being a means of self-protection, guns can also be used by bullies if society has a crises. Why would I think that all legal gun owners can be trusted to act civilized in bad times?

JTT

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 08:39 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Why would I think that all legal gun owners can be trusted to act civilized in bad times?

Especially when you come across wackos like BillRM, H20man and Oralloy, eh, Foofie?
Foofie

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 08:47 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Why would I think that all legal gun owners can be trusted to act civilized in bad times?

Especially when you come across wackos like BillRM, H20man and Oralloy, eh, Foofie?

I wouldn't "come across" them. I have a sixth sense to avoid certain types.
JTT

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 08:59 pm
@Foofie,
You've already come across them here at A2K, and you've engaged at least one of those wackos, Foofie.
Foofie

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 09:01 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

You've already come across them here at A2K, and you've engaged at least one of those wackos, Foofie.

I was talking about seeing people in person.
JTT

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 09:09 pm
@Foofie,
Obviously, Foof.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 10:07 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
Where were these defenders of liberty when the Patriot act was enacted?

Rap
The sheriffs don 't have votes in Congress.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 10:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

....Theirs is the first meaningful proof that some in law enforcement and the military are preparing to fight federal forces if the president wins his goal of sweeping gun control.

In a direct warning to Obama, the FBI and other agencies, the sheriffs wrote:
Quote:
"Make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs our our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights--in particular Amendment II--has given them."....

Actually, this is the first meaningful proof that some of the sheriffs in Utah are nuts.
Fidelity to the Constitution is not "nuts."

David
JTT

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 02:26 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Pretty odd coming from a guy who willfully and happily engage in an illegal and immoral witch hunt [and have bragged about it many times since] against your fellow American citizens who sought only to express their first amendment rights to free speech, and to associate freely.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 06:20 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5234113)
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

....Theirs is the first meaningful proof that some in law enforcement and the military are preparing to fight federal forces if the president wins his goal of sweeping gun control.

In a direct warning to Obama, the FBI and other agencies, the sheriffs wrote:
Quote:
"Make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs our our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights--in particular Amendment II--has given them."....

Actually, this is the first meaningful proof that some of the sheriffs in Utah are nuts.

You are correct, David, fidelity to the Constitution is not "nuts." But neither is being a sheriff "nuts"; or being in Utah "nuts."

But the sheriffs of Utah "warning the president of the United States; the FBI; and other agencies" that they (the sheriffs) will decide what they will enforce and not enforce...and that they will decide what is constitutional and what is not...is about as nuts as anything I've heard on this issue so far...AND I HAVE HEARD SOME VERY, VERY NUTTY THINGS...right here in A2K, in fact.
JTT

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 06:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
But the sheriffs of Utah "warning the president of the United States; the FBI; and other agencies" that they (the sheriffs) will decide what they will enforce and not enforce...and that they will decide what is constitutional and what is not...is about as nuts as anything I've heard on this issue so far.

Excellent point, Frank. I think Dave would be front and center, decrying people arrogating judicial power unto themselves, if this related to some other point of law.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 06:57 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Excellent point, Frank. I think Dave would be front and center, decrying people arrogating judicial power unto themselves, if this related to some other point of law.

Happy we have this moment of agreement, JTT. I am sure David would feel as you say if the issue were something other than guns.
roger

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 09:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
So, how do you feel about law enforcement in some states refusing to enforce federal drug laws?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 10:23 am
@roger,
Law enforcement is supposed to enforce laws.

Let the legislators and courts decide what the laws should be.
roger

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 11:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
So, states enforce state law, and federal agencies enforce federal law? That's clear.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 12:40 pm
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/536981_603330979693936_243144859_n.jpg
0 Replies