NYC in May!

Mame

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 05:24 pm
@Joe Nation,
Oh sure, invite Eva and her sister out! What about us 3 chicks? Not that we're going to Phantom (they're actually going to a Matinee - Chicago, while I do the Natural American History thing - that's on the 17th))...

Actually, good thing you two are talking about this. So far, Eva, we plan on doing a free walking Harlem tour on the 16th (mid-afternoon), the MOMA on Friday the 17th between 4 and 8, and the Frick on the 22nd. Oh and a Grand Central tour on the 19th at 10:00 (also free). I'm doing the Met. Mus. of Art on the 20th and they might do a central park bike tour. We're going to check out various neighbourhoods, etc. on our own...Maybe Soho, Little Italy and Chinatown on the 21st...

We need to connect with the crowd in NY for dinners (Boida doesn't do lunches), so let me know when you guys are free.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 06:39 pm
I'm jealous! It sounds like you will have a great time.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 06:43 pm
@Mame,
wait.

Let me write all this down.

Joe(hmmm)Nation
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 08:07 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

We need to connect with the crowd in NY for dinners (Boida doesn't do lunches), so let me know when you guys are free.

I'll do a lunch. I met you guys at one in the afternoon. Lunch for you; breakfast for me.
Mame

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 10:22 pm
@Roberta,
Are you still up? (duh) Cuz if so, i'll call you.
Roberta

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 02:02 am
@Mame,
Mame, When you posted this, I was having breakfast. Yes, a little strange, even for me.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 06:49 am
@Joe Nation,
I think that's a great idea! I'm so looking forward to seeing you again ... do you realize it has been (let's count 'em) EIGHTEEN YEARS?!? Whoa!

I think that calls for at least one glass of wine!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 06:52 am
Lunch with Roberta? Wow, I would love that! She gets to pick the place, okay?
Eva

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 06:54 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
... I'm doing the Met. Mus. of Art on the 20th ...

Um, I don't think so. They're closed on Mondays. (Most museums are.)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 07:26 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Oh sure, invite Eva and her sister out! What about us 3 chicks? Not that we're going to Phantom (they're actually going to a Matinee - Chicago, while I do the Natural American History thing - that's on the 17th))...

Actually, good thing you two are talking about this. So far, Eva, we plan on doing a free walking Harlem tour on the 16th (mid-afternoon), the MOMA on Friday the 17th between 4 and 8, and the Frick on the 22nd. Oh and a Grand Central tour on the 19th at 10:00 (also free). I'm doing the Met. Mus. of Art on the 20th and they might do a central park bike tour. We're going to check out various neighbourhoods, etc. on our own...Maybe Soho, Little Italy and Chinatown on the 21st...

What am I invited to?? MOMA on the 17th or the Museum of Nat History on the same day.....that would be fun.

Joe(get out walking shoes)Nation

Mame

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 07:55 am
@Joe Nation,
You bet!! And there's a great little bar around the History Museum Smile
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 08:15 am
@Mame,
Okay. I'm in for the Natural History Museum. I haven't been in months.

Joe(It's on my calendar)Nation Ummm. what time? Meet on the Steps?

Mame

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 08:32 am
@Joe Nation,
Yes, let's meet on the steps. Are you working that day? It's a Friday. the MOMA is free from 4-8pm, so I'd prefer to meet at the museum much earlier, if you can make it.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 10:22 am
@Mame,
The Museum opens at 10AM. You name the time, I will sitting on the steps staring at the ass of Theodore Roosevelt's horse.
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/87/246824436_7b6cf7d12b.jpg
Ragman

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 11:28 am
@Joe Nation,
I hear that is what gave Teddy a rough ride!

(I know ..I could be considered a horse's ass for calling attention to it. After all he was a war hero and great Prez and all that.)
Mame

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 02:13 pm
@Joe Nation,
How long do you think we'll need? I can be there whenever you suggest. We could meet at 10:00, take a lunch break, and resume our perusals. Or, we could meet for lunch and then go in. Or we could skip lunch. Or eat there. Or, or, or...
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 02:24 pm
@Ragman,
this is my most unfavorite statue in the world because it depicts Roosevelt mounted high on his while at his sides are a Native American and an African American. Bleech.
Luckily, they have just redone the Roosevelt Room inside the museum where this statue of the man who nearly single-handedly saved the American wild places sits and allows everyone to sit beside him.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8349/8162217332_8cba43ec57_z.jpg

Joe(I love it)Nation
Ragman

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 02:26 pm
@Joe Nation,
Teddy was a favorite of mine. He and Muir sure conserved a lot of acreage for nature parks and land from being ruined with overdevelopment.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 02:35 pm
@Mame,
Have a look at this : http://www.amnh.org/plan-your-visit/interactive-floorplan

Check out each floor and see what you want to see. LOTS of animals and LOTS of exhibits about people, HUGE hall of Fish,(with Blue Whale)~~click on things to figure out what you want to look at.
Planetarium ?

It might take four hours to see what you want to see. It might only be a couple of hours.

Lunch on the First Floor or Lunch on the Fourth Floor. Pricey but good.

Joe(goodie)Nation
Roberta

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 02:14 am
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

Lunch with Roberta? Wow, I would love that! She gets to pick the place, okay?

When are you going to be at the Metropolitan museum? The Guggenheim? They're both in my neighborhood.