@Joe Nation,
Ok, you got me bellylaughing.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:26 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Is this concern a delayed reaction to the cancelling of the marathon?

There hasn't been a delayed reaction.
It's been constant.

Joe(and there have been nightmares)Nation Laughing

The marathon has turned into a big media event. To enhance it, in this mode, I offer the thought that wealthy people should pay marathoners to run with their name's on their attire. The gawkers on the side lines can say, "There goes XXXX's surrogate marathoner. He/she is getting $XXXX."

The motto can be "More glitz while you schvitz."

roger

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:34 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

@Eva: Neither of us like room temperature butter, there's a chance of contamination from the air.

You do know you're breathing that contaminated stuff, right?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:47 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You mentioned a "true love" in the first post. That threw me off.

Joe"My own true love self" Nation
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:50 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

The second piece is a cold as a stone by the time I get to it.

Your problem would seem to be that you are in some way disabled.

I have toasted thousands of pieces of bread and never once had the second of a pair been "stone cold" after buttering the first.

You must be daydreaming about how to save the world while you butter slice number one.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:52 pm
@Mame,
Insurance is based on the very progressive notion of community experience.

I would think liberals would be all for it and recognize that their insistence on being charged based on their individual experience was selfish.

DrewDad

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:09 pm
@Joe Nation,
Socks. It irritates me that socks with different amounts of wear get matched with each other. As an aside, it also bugs me a little that socks are interchangeable left and right.

I actually have a solution for this, which I have not implemented, because I'm not frickin' insane.

The solution would be thus: Label each pair of socks with the date they were bought, and the order of the pair, and a left/right designation.

For example, if one purchased a pack of eight socks today: 20121229-A L/R, 20121229-B L/R, ...20121229-H L/R.

Sorting would not be too terribly difficult, because you just sort 'em into dates and then match 'em.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:10 pm
@Joe Nation,
You need to invent the butter gun, similar to a hot-glue gun.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

I would think liberals would be all for it and recognize that their insistence on being charged based on their individual experience was selfish
Conservatives would prevent insurability based on pre existing conditions. As it stands now, the ability to look at ones genome would guarantee that e all have som pre xisting condition
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:43 pm
@Joe Nation,
Whaddya mean 'in six months'?
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 06:10 pm
This is not quite as serious as the buttered bread problem, but is a cause of frustration and anxiety to me. I spread peanut butter on WASA Crisp and Light crackers.

Now these crackers are very light, and have a slightly concave shape. If I don't spread the peanut butter very carefully, the cracker will break in two, which I consider esthetically appalling.
roger

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 06:20 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Indeed. If I wanted crackers in my peanut butter soup, I would have bought a can of peanut butter soup. Don't worry, Campbell's has a variety to suit every taste, or no one's taste at all.
Joe Nation

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 09:31 am
@Foofie,
They already have rich people who pay runners emblazoned with the rich people's names ( or the rich people's company name). All the fastest runners have logos plastered on their fronts and backs and thighs; it would be so much wiser for those rich people to ask us sloggers at the back to wear their brand names.
For one thing, there is so much more room across the width of my ass that several could share the space, secondly, there would be more time to actually read the advertisements as I ooze along the avenue.

I think as soon as I have finished inventing the ButterspRAYgun (copyright applied for), I will call Apple and Nike on the phone and ask them to sponsor me.

Joe(You are such a help, Foofie)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 09:35 am
@roger,
I don't mind breathing the contamination, I just don't want to eat it.

Joe(beside I usually wear a surgical mask, doesn't everybody?) Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 09:36 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

You mentioned a "true love" in the first post. That threw me off.

Joe"My own true love self" Nation

This made me laugh out loud..... Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 09:46 am
@DrewDad,
@Drew: You have struck upon a problem that I solved years ago.
Quote:
The solution would be thus: Label each pair of socks with the date they were bought, and the order of the pair, and a left/right designation.

For example, if one purchased a pack of eight socks today: 20121229-A L/R, 20121229-B L/R, ...20121229-H L/R.

Sorting would not be too terribly difficult, because you just sort 'em into dates and then match 'em.

My method is similar but I use different color threads in a system similar to that is used to designate differences in diodes. red/white/white/green is a match for a green/white/white/red (the white/white section can also be black/black blue/blue black/blue blue/black depending on the thickness, length and a category I like to refer to as "comfyness".
This, of course, only for the white running socks.
See my YouTube video for the method of sorting black or brown socks.

Joe(you'll need a UPC reader)Nation
DrewDad

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 09:53 am
@Joe Nation,
I found a different solution recently, upon the discovery that socks are cheap.

Now, I actually throw away any socks that start to show too much wear.

I also have a system for sorting and disposing of unmatched socks, but it's under patent review so I won't discuss it here.
farmerman

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 09:56 am
@Joe Nation,
you could also knit barcodes into the cuff of the socks. That way you can say anything and all you need to get em together is a reader on your dryer door
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 09:57 am
@DrewDad,
yeh, never kep socks, that will drive you nuts when packing for trips
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 09:59 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Whaddya mean 'in six months'?
r
I have just received my measurements from the US Forestry Department: I have lost a few inches this season, I am down to 31 axehandles and a palm.

Joe(a shadow of my former self)Nation