The Least Important Problems in the World

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:42 pm
@Eva,
@Eva: Neither of us like room temperature butter, there's a chance of contamination from the air.

It takes three pats of butter to spread over the toast.

Hmmm. I know.
I shall invent a butter gun.
(I like the sound of that.)
The thing will fire pats of butter at such a speed as to be nearly be melted as they strike the toasted bread.

Joe(and a toaster that will pop the toast up high enough to shoot at.)Nation

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:48 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
Neither of us like room temperature butter, there's a chance of contamination from the air.

that's what butter bells are about

http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/a/0/0/10/9/AAAACpGTAokAAAAAABCURg.jpg?v=1156786493000

http://zipboss.com/resources/69/data/brochureentry-wide-1797.png
Joe Nation

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:50 pm
@margo,
One slice at a time? are you mad? How am I supposed to have breakfast with someone when one of us is standing around shifting weight from one foot to the other in some kind of mad dance?

Joe(and then a cold cup of coffee)Nation
dlowan

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:52 pm
@Joe Nation,
You need a REAL problem!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:52 pm
@ehBeth,
I love our butter bells ever since we started using them. I picked up two rdware Pa Dutch Butter bells at the LAndis Farm Museum last year and have not looked back . There is hardly a "Almost butter"that can closly match the taste of a real unsalted butter. Un chilled butter on toast is a must
Joe Nation

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:53 pm
@Kolyo,
@Kolyo: How awful....all females should be forced to overpay for insurance just like the possessors of male genitalia.

Joe(write the White House)Nation
Joe Nation

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:55 pm
@Mame,
@Mame: Contact the local authorities and insist they build bridges over those intersections. Use my name.

Joe(I am the current Premier of Canada)Nation
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:55 pm
@Joe Nation,
You poor thing! (I say that to Katy Dog when she gives me those eyes.)
I like my cold drinks cold (such an american, I know, I know), my hot drinks hot, and my toast hot; I always toast one piece at a time. I was of course wondering if I'm the only one, when people didn't suggest that, but the smarter ones have come along now.

Something wrong with your sweetie's fingers?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:56 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:58 pm
@ossobuco,
This reminds me of some restaurant - I'm thinking it was Ships. There was a toaster at every table and the able fingered could toast their own.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:58 pm
@Joe Nation,
Yes, exactly, Joe. You're the first person to really understand my point of view since I stopped going see my OB/GYN. She understood everything I said, back in the day. Damned insurance company told me I had no need to see her, any more -- wouldn't cover it.

Their reason? Because I was a man! Can you believe that???
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 06:35 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

@Eva: Neither of us like room temperature butter, there's a chance of contamination from the air....

HAHAHAHA!!! Like there's no air in your refrigerator!

All butter dishes have covers. Just keep it covered.

(I kept mine in the refrigerator too, until my brother-in-law from Minnesota taught me the "correct" way. Wink )
ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 06:39 pm
@Eva,
One can also brush on real melted butter..

This brings back a long ago memory - my father liked piping hot baked potatoes with bits of cold, iced cold, butter. Which affected me, in that I like cold butter with soda crackers. Not that I do that, how lascivious!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 06:45 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
How am I supposed to have breakfast with someone

by handing the other piece of toast to the person who is putting ersatz crap on their toast and they can spread the ersatz crap on themselves (you don't allow that stuff in your home, do you?)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 06:55 pm
New eensy problem:

I have a number of life souvenirs laid out on my fireplace mantel and spotted through the smallish house. I'm mixed on clutter, sometimes liking it, and often not. They weren't so visible in my last abode. But, I'm attached to a bunch of those, more for the connected people than the objects by themselves. So I'm deaccessioning, a matter that is not yet noticable to others. ("Slowly flows the Don")

Sometimes though, I've picked up an item from a thrift shop that I just liked because it was pretty. Thus the vase I am introducing to this topic. It's made in China and is sort of sparkly (Diane understands me about this, we both like sparkly stuff occasionally). Let me guess, goodwill will sell it in good shape for $1.99.

I packaged it in bubble envelopes, two, one atop the other, to contain it. I picked it up to put in the Veteran's collection bag (that vies re goodwill donations) but flubbed up, only holding the top, and the vase fell.

I gathered the little chips, the harmed area being about 3/8" in total. I'll put it back together with gorilla glue or similar.

Now it'll be worth even less. But it'll still be pretty.

I'm waiting until I am in my fixit mode to do this delicate task.

Would you toss it?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 07:04 pm
@ossobuco,
put the chips in a little envelope - tape the envelope to the vase

if someone wants to fix it - they can

in the auction world it would be called a good shelfer and sold without repair
Foofie

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 09:24 pm
@Joe Nation,
Is this concern a delayed reaction to the cancelling of the marathon?
Joe Nation

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 10:48 am
@ossobuco,
See, this is the kind of problem we can help with.
I would drop it again or several times, carefully pick up all the pieces and set them aside for some winter evening of entertainment.
First, you'll have to set out all the pieces, sparkly side out, in order of size OR (Advanced Level) you can try to arrange them in what is known in the drafting world as the "exploded view".
Invite some friends over (tell them to bring wine and bits of cheese) give everyone toothpicks that they will then use to put glue on the pieces or pick up the cheese pieces or both (depending upon how much wine is involved).

Joe (send photos) Nation
Joe Nation

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 10:58 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Is this concern a delayed reaction to the cancelling of the marathon?

There hasn't been a delayed reaction.
It's been constant.

Joe(and there have been nightmares)Nation Laughing
ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:00 am
@ehBeth,
Now there's an answer that never occurred to me.
0 Replies