The real reason why Dec 7 is a day of infamy

Lustig Andrei

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 04:18 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Are the "reasons" that the US gave for illegally invading Iraq and Afghanistan irrelevant to the magnitude of the attacks themselves?

In the final analysis, probably yes.
JTT

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 04:24 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
We know they were a series of blatant lies but that hardly makes them irrelevant. It actually makes the indictment of the US that much more serious. It makes the war crimes that much more egregious.

In the case of I & A, the US had no reason whatsoever for the vicious attack on those defenseless countries.

Japan had valid reasons to attack the US.
wandeljw

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 04:38 pm
@JTT,
Japan had valid reasons???

It is not consistent to attack the U.S. as imperialistic and then to validate the imperialism of another country.
Mame

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 04:41 pm
@JTT,
You're a pompous, arrogant, ignorant, condescending, intolerant, myopic asshole, JTT.
JTT

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 04:44 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
Japan had valid reasons???

It is not consistent to attack the U.S. as imperialistic and then to validate the imperialism of another country.

Another idiot wandels in.

I didn't do what you have suggested I have done, JW. Is there a list of inanities/diversions that you guys work from?

0 Replies

JTT

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 04:46 pm
@Mame,
That would mean, Mame, that you would be able to illustrate that I am wrong.

Instead of going off half cocked just to keep your groupie status intact.
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 04:55 pm
@Mame,
You really have always been good at checking the facts and bringing yourself up to speed on the issues, Mame. I think that your Daddy, the reporter, would be justifiably proud of you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 04:56 pm
It was all about oil and rubber, JTT.

Anything else you try to make of it is your inability to accept that Japan would go to war for such reasons.
Lustig Andrei

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 05:14 pm
@JTT,
http://able2know.org/topic/203331-1

You're invited, JTT.
JTT

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 05:20 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:

It was all about oil and rubber, JTT.

Anything else you try to make of it is your inability to accept that Japan would go to war for such reasons.

I've not said that I didn't accept that as a reality, Punkey. Really, where do you guys get these silly notions from?

Why you people are so predisposed to deal in these diversions/inanities is really not beyond me. I understand completely.

If we were to compare my inability to accept reality with y'all's inability to accept reality, what do you think the balance sheet would look like?

What do you think have been the reasons for the 200 invasions of sovereign nations that the US has engaged in? That's one every one point 2 years [about] of your existence as a country.

Do you consider that oil has been part of that? What about bananas, rubber, gold, silver, copper, ... ?
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 05:34 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Thank you, Merry.

Shall I bring a bottle of wine or some hors d'oeuvres?
Lustig Andrei

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 06:13 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Thank you, Merry.

Shall I bring a bottle of wine or some hors d'oeuvres?

Pot luck. Bring whatever's left over.
Foofie

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 07:04 pm
"The real reason why Dec 7 is a day of infamy" is because there were less than three shopping weeks until that Christmas, and the U.S. suddenly had a war on its hands. The least the Japanese could have done was wait until after New Years. But no, they had to ruin Christmas for millions of families, since they then didn't know if their families' men were going to have to be drafted into the military. It was also a day of infamy for the west coast Japanese-Americans, since they suddenly realized that the country that gave them a decent lifestyle, usually, was now likely going to look at them in a different light. And, we know what happened.

It was a day of infamy, for those that understand the U.S.A.
JTT

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 07:17 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
It was a day of infamy, for those that understand the U.S.A.

For those that understand that the USA is the greediest, most self absorbed, most prolific terrorist nation/group on the planet [And that ain't the half of it.] it wasn't.

The US propaganda system just made it seem that way.

Quote:
"The real reason why Dec 7 is a day of infamy" is because there were less than three shopping weeks until that Christmas, and the U.S. suddenly had a war on its hands. The least the Japanese could have done was wait until after New Years. But no, they had to ruin Christmas for millions of families, since they then didn't know if their families' men were going to have to be drafted into the military.

You poor poor dears. That's what you get when you keep electing a bunch of war mongers that perpetually drag you idiots into illegal invasions of sovereign nations.

Quote:
It was also a day of infamy for the west coast Japanese-Americans, since they suddenly realized that the country that gave them a decent lifestyle, usually, was now likely going to look at them in a different light. And, we know what happened.

Yes, we surely do. The US government of the time helped small groups steal the wealth of US citizens of Japanese descent. It would be hard to discern whether this was a new low for the US because the US has a long history of real low lows.

It was out and out racism, Foofie.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 08:25 pm
I don't know about the rest of you, but its impossible for me to take anything jtt says seriously.
After all, he/she is the same person that said the US national security has "never" been threatened.
That statement does not even make sense when he then starts a thread about the US being attacked by Japan.
JTT

Sat 8 Dec, 2012 11:46 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
After all, he/she is the same person that said the US national security has "never" been threatened.
That statement does not even make sense when he then starts a thread about the US being attacked by Japan.

If, and that's an incredibly humongous IF, MM, you had the brains and the inclination to go thru the material, you'd still not be able to overcome the thorough drubbing that your brain has received over your lifetime.

You go on in your ignorance because facts mean nothing to you. Blind, idiotic, zombie like "patriotism" has a firm grasp on your melon.

You are a perfect example of what the military wants. A brain dead zombie that swallows every lie that's fed to him.
Mame

Sun 9 Dec, 2012 12:00 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Well, I'm pretty darn sure he won't be bringing any friends since he doesn't have any left. So it'll be leftover takeout.
Foofie

Sun 9 Dec, 2012 08:40 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Blind, idiotic, zombie like "patriotism" has a firm grasp on your melon.

You are a perfect example of what the military wants. A brain dead zombie that swallows every lie that's fed to him.

I am honored to be identified as a brain dead, but patriotic, zombie. That is because future generations of Americans will hopefully live in a safe, comfortable country, because of brain dead, patriotic zombies, like myself. It's not all about oneself.

JTT

Sun 9 Dec, 2012 11:39 am
@Mame,
Mame, would it be too much to expect you to use your brain ... maybe just once?

Is it that important to you to sweep aside the horrendous brutality of the US just so you can have lunch dates when you holiday?

You remind me of those social climbers in the Petraeus affair. I'm sure that those two "ladies" were more than willing to sell out foreign children just to be invited to the parties.
JTT

Sun 9 Dec, 2012 11:41 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
I am honored to be identified as a brain dead, but patriotic, zombie.

I'm sure you are, Foofie. You've never given any indication that you are anything but.