Where have you lived or been to?

jjorge

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 08:35 am
edgarblythe wrote:
jjorge
Yep; still in Houston. But, once I've spent all my retirement money on lottery tikets and become rich I will travel a lot more. :wink:

Edgar

When you become rich come on up this way for a visit.

The Boston area gang would love to meet you I'm sure.

C.I.

You're ALREADY rich, so why haven't you been here yet???
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 04:40 pm
I would truly like to meet many a2kers, but I am working a job that keeps me tethered by a pager. Plus, am in the middle of a defining battle with cancer. I expect to triumph in both arenas eventually.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 05:28 pm
Good evening, Baltas. It was good to hear from you. I located Coimbra. Cicerone (c.i.) has probably been there. I've never met the gentleman, who lives on the opposite coast of the US from me.
He has seen a lot of the world.
My knowledge of Europe is bad. When I was your age I hitched through Scotland, Wales and Ireland but when I got back to London (or later Paris, Zurich etc) I found that I kept bumping into too many Americans and Auzzies. I might have well have stayed home. So I stuck out my thumb and went to Yugoslavia, Greece, Turkey and, eventually Africa.
Two questions for you, Baltas (Please remember that I, for one am probably three times your age; not totally stupid yet but getting there):

1) What is "Communications and Design Multimedia" and why would they need that in Mozambique?
2) You said "I don't want to stay in Portugal." I'm wondering why?

Baltas, I promise that I will get back to Mozambique. Thanks.
-realjohnboy-
0 Replies

baltas

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 07:52 pm
Ok, I will answer those questions sunday.
Now that mys school is over, I went to party in this pub here in Lisbon, called Irish Pub and like the name says it was full of Irish people that love to drink beer! the pub is great but the prices are a bit expensive (at least for me).

Thats all for now.

wow, I made a SpellChecking like I always do and I found 0 mistakes. I guess I write better english when I'm under the influence of beer Smile
0 Replies

xena362436

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 10:22 pm
Born in Texas.

Lived in:
Texas
Calif.
Fla.
Virginia
Spain
Germany

Been to:
Oregon
New Mexico
Arkansas
New York
Louisiana
North Carolina
Tennessee
Hawaii
Bahamas
Mexico
Canada
Italy
Czech Republic
Austria
England
Scotland

I still want to go to Australia and back to Scotland...I LOVED Scotland!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 11:03 pm
Glad to see this thread revived. Hugs to Edgar, and long may he travel.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:14 am
Welcome to A2K, xena! I loved Scotland too - I felt I belonged there somehow.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 08:03 am
Recently I went to Manizales, Colombia. From there visted the Santa Rosa hot springs and waterfalls and then on to the Nevado De Ruiz a volcanic mountain over sixteen thousand feet. A special treat was seeing two soaring Andean Condors.
0 Replies

altyfc

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 09:01 am
I have travelled throughout most of Europe, to the States twice (New York and Seattle), to Africa three times (Morocco, South Africa and Tanzania), and to Greenland.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 09:47 am
altyfc, WELCOME to A2K. Since you've been to Tanzania, did you visit the Serengeti? How about a commentary on your trip; I'm interested in hearing it. c.i.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 02:32 pm
altyfc

Are you living in the UK somewhere now? Tell us a bit about yourself!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 05:09 pm
Yay! New people!
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 05:31 pm
Born in missouri...lived in Iowa, missouri, colorado (a dream) a year in Denver and then one year in Estes Park...missouri and now in Kansas...oh, well...

I drove to Georgia once, so have been through Kentucky, spent some time in Tennessee, and then drove home the other way, so have touched the tips of Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, have been through Arkansas. My sister lives in Texas, so have been there, she's been on the far west side, and then moved to the far east side, and it's a whole other country!

I drove to Seattle once, so have been through Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Idaho...wow what a trip and LOVED Seattle, would like to go back there again...love the idea of living on an island! San Francisco, and surrounding area, Los Angeles, Zion National Park in Utah, of course the Grand Canyon and Phoenix, and New Mexico... Been to Chicago...like it there too...would be nice to live somewhere that you don't need a car, just take the train!!!

I haven't been to New York or the Northeast and that is still a goal...

I want to live in Missouri, Kansas City, again...be close to my family...

I've never been out of the country. My dream would be to win the lottery and then travel anywhere I want to and spend time, rent a cottage or a castle and live in many, many places....to dream!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 05:34 pm
jjorge, Never claimed to be "rich." Just 'comfortable.' c.i.
0 Replies

Relay

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 02:13 pm
I have been to London, Paris, Rome, San Marino, Barcelona, Hamburg, Lubeck, Berlin, Rimini, Copenhagen, Norwich.

If i have to do a list about all swedish cities i ever visited wow it will be loooong
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 09:16 pm
I've lived in Michigan, California , Texas, New Jersey.

I've been to all the contiguous states. Plan to cruise Alaska this coming summer. that will leave Hawaii. Visited NEW YORK CITY extensively. I've seen over one hundred plays and musicals in New York City.

Visited CANADA dozens of times. Mainly Stratford, Ontario and Toronto. But, I've been to Canada end to end. Once camped from Saulte Sainte Marie, Ontario on the north side of the Saint Lawrence seaway to Quebec. Then, through NEW BRUNSWICK, NOVA SCOTIA AND PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND..

I've been to EUROPE a dozen times - ENGLAND, IRELAND, SPAIN, FRANC, ITALY, AND GERMAny. I visited and drove through those countries as well as Switzerland and Austria.

I've driven all over MEXICO twice.
I drove from Michigan through Central America to the Panama Canal. GUATEMALA, HONDURAS, EL SALVADOR, NICARAGUA, COST RICA, and PANAMA. (Not Belize)

Went to Bogota, COLUMBIA . Flew from their to Leticia, Columbia which is two thousand miles up the
AMAZON RIVER. Visited Manaus and the opera house built there after the turn of the century. Enrico Caruso performed there. Went 2,000 miles down the Amazon RIVER by amphibious plane and boat.
I visited relatives a couple weeks in Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA.

I love travelling. Experiencing other cultures keeps me from from being
ethnocentric. My way of life isn't the only way to live.

A couple of observations...

BARCELONA is the most beautiful city I have seen.
The architecture, ancient and modern, the public art, cascading trees on office buildings . . . . the Ramblas. I love it.

CANADA Although I have visited Canada over fifty times, it remains a foreign country to me. As soon as I cross the border, my internal clock slows down to the Canadian pace. Canadians tend to speak in full sentences - even their politicians. Vigorous downtown areas filled with pedestrians give a sense of security. (Canada's homicide rate is 5% of the US rate)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 09:37 pm
I did a South America cruise last year in November, and cruised from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires. We spent a couple of nights in Buenos Aires, and saw all the tourist spots. We visited Plaza de Mayo with the Pink Palace and cathedral, tomb of Eva Paron, La Boca, the main shopping street, Ave Cordoba and Florida Street, and had lunch at a nice restaurant by the river - I think it was Puerto Madero. Really enjoyed La Boca.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 09:47 pm
A "Hi" and thanks to ossobuco.
Interesting, the posts this thread's been getting.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 10:13 pm
We completed our trans-Canada train tour last August, and I wanted to add the following places we visited that's worth mention. Banff, Lake Louise, and the Columbia Icefields. The Rocky Mountaineer train with "gold leaf service" was the highlight of our trip. They serve gourmet food and as many drinks as you want. It's a very relaxing trip with great scenery and great food. Saw bald eagles, bear, deer, goats, moose, and humans. Wink
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 12:33 pm
HI to Billy Falcon!

We're over here!!!!!!!!!!!

Come and see!
0 Replies