Where have you lived or been to?

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:12 pm
Simple Q, here's my answer (trying to be in order of what I best remember):

US, Brazil, Japan, Paraguay, Australia, (after this I remember very little), Indonesia, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines, USSR (was in the cold war and I was not permitted to see anything), Macau, Sri Lanka...

I'd have to ask my mom about the rest, thing is, I remember little of most of it. I travelled a lot in my childhood but less and less as I grew older.

I'd like to hear about the places you have been (c.i. is gonna get a sore finger).

Give us your list.

edit: corrected a few typos then gave up
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 11,177 • Replies: 119
No top replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:15 pm
Lived: MA, NH, NM, GA - in that order.

Been to: England, Spain, Mexico, Italy, Autralia - in that order.

I'd say I remember them all equally.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:16 pm
I've been to most states in America, lived in 4 of them (Wisconsin, California, Minnesota, Wisconsin, California, Illinois), have been to most European Union countries, lived in one of them (London, England), and that's about it. Two trips overseas. Hubby and I really wanted to go on the Orient Express Paris --> Turkey for our honeymoon, and still would like to do that in a lazy, unregimented manner. (I.e. get off the train for a bit whenever we pleased.) I haven't decided if I want to go to India or not -- I love the literature, love a lot of the people, two different friends have issued a standing invitation, but probably won't go 'til the kid's grown.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:20 pm
I forgot US states and other cities.

I lived in 4 cities in CA and 2 or 3 in TX. I've been to NY and FL as well but don't remember if I've visited others.

In Japan about 15-20 cities lived in and not sure on visits, Brazil 6 cities lived in and an unknown number of visits.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:24 pm
Oh yeah, been to (or through) many of the U.S. states
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:28 pm
(craven was an unsettled pup)

Grew up in eastern California (though was born in Oak-town, onetime headquarters of the Black Panthers), went to college in western California, lived briefly in Chicago, briefly again in western California, and moved up here to Seattle. All or parts of various summers spent in Oxford, London, skittering about "the Continent," Ireland. Very much want to make it down to Oz at some point.

Oh, yeah, and've driven all over parts of the U.S., which turns out to be a pretty big place.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:30 pm
Borned in Germany, lived in Germany, Texas, Tennessee, New York, Oklahoma, VietNam, Oklahoma, Texas, Indonesia, Texas, Oklahoma.

Been to a bunch of states, Singapore, Guam, Kong Hong (my favorite place), Argentina, Macau, Malayasia, Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia is many, many countries in one such as Sulawesi/Ambon/Bali/Sumatra/Java/Borneo, Canada, Australia, Philipines, Switzerland, Austria, Mexico, Key West (isn't that a country?), Red China, many countries I don't know about after I was borned in Germany - I was 1 when I made it to the States via England.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:40 pm
Lived in:
Dublin (Ireland), London (England), New York & Boston (U.S.)

Visited several places in each of the following countries:
France, Spain, Italy, Scotland, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Portugal.

In the U.S. have visited Seattle, San Francisco, Carmel, Monterey, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Vermont, Washington DC, Maine, Connecticut, Cape Cod, Philadelphia.

Still on my list to visit:
Sydney (Australia), Hawaii.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:57 pm
Lived (from birth to right now):
Mexico City; St. Louis, Mo. USA; Modena, Italy; Culiacán, Mexico; Modena Italy; Mexico City.

Been to (in time order):
Cuba, USA, Germany, Austria, Italy, Yugoslavia, Croatia, Greece, France, the Netherlands, England, Spain, Morocco, Scotland, San Marino, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Czech Republic.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 01:30 pm
Oiy. Lived: IL, CT, TX, ME, OK, MA, Germany, Iceland and Saudi Arabia.

Visited? Jeez, every US state except UT and HI, Canada (NB, PEI, Nova Scotia and Quebec only..), Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Panama, Brazil, Portugal, Greenland, France, Italy, Spain, Luxemborg, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Egypt, Bahrain, Morocco, Sudan...

Very little travel in the Pacific for some odd reason. I've always wanted to see the South Pacific but it's just never worked out.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 01:42 pm
Well - I've never been to the US or Canadia - so I'm already out of step.

I've only ever lived in Sydney (and a country town when I was just a kitten!) but I've been to all the Australian states, and those not yet states, such as New Zealand. Fiji and Singapore in this region.

Further afield, Maldives, deported from Yemen, Egypt. Most countries of western Europe, many several times. Next year, I hope to get to Portugal or Morocco (not been there) as well as Sweden, again.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:07 pm
Lived in my hometown Geseke in Westphalia, in Brake/Bremerhaven barracks, on board of a minesweeper and a landingcraft in the Baltic Sea, North Sea and Atlantic Ocean, in Witten near Bochum (University), in Solingen/Rhineland and now in Lippstadt/Westphalia.

I've been to Denmark, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland and in England, Wales, Scotland. (I've been in the GDR as well - which is now Germany; besides, I've been in all German states.)
0 Replies

ul

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:27 pm
Born in Germany, now living in Austria.
For a short time I lived in Virginia.
I travelled to most European countries, Mexico, through the Caribbean, Pakistan, Afganistan, North Africa.
I visited Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Conneticut, New York, West Verginia, Delaware, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, DC, Florida, Georgia.
Too short trips to South Carolina, Arkansas, Washington State, Oregon, and California.
Would like to travel through China, New Zealand and Australia.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:34 pm
Lived in: (first to last)

Massachusetts (multiple x's)
S Carolina (does Parris Island count?)
N Carolina
USS Rockbridge APA-228 (6 month Med Cruise with USMC)
Spain
Ohio
Rhode Island

Visited

states: (drive-throughs and flyovers not included!)

Maine
New Hampshire
Vermont
Connecticut
New York
Pennsylvania
New Jersey
Maryland
D.C.
Virginia
Florida
Iowa
Illinois
Indiana
Tennessee
Georgia
Texas
Washington
California

Countries visited:

Spain
France
Italy
Greece
Germany
Belgium
England
Scotland
Mexico
Argentina
Costa Rica
Canada

Canadian Provinces:

Quebec
New Brunswick
Nova Scotia
Ontario
Prince Edward Island

Top Priorities to visit:

Ireland
Turkey
Austria
Hungary
Holland
Sweden
Norway
Perú
Chile
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 03:53 pm
I was born in Dallas, raised in New York, and I now live in Scotland.

Visited most of the States, and Canada, Norway,Sweden and Iceland.

Want to travel the world (seriously) but my dream destinations are:

Italy
Russia
New Orleans, Louisianna
Spain
Mexico
Greece
Australia
and
Figi

Lorna
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 04:03 pm
My most wanted to be places in the world:

Bali - been there 5 times and want to go back (in 5 years or so)

and,

Reykjavik Iceland - still waiting my turn
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 04:03 pm
Hmmm - I am very poorly travelled for an Australian.

Been to all Australian states except the Northern Territory.

Overseas - only Singapore, England, Japan, USA and Canada.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 04:07 pm
I remember meeting absurd numbers of Aussies in Amsterdam and Greece. (The former didn't really surprise me, but I was a bit taken aback in the latter, where some folks had told me to carry a German phrasebook.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 07:08 pm
Are you implying that we are absurd?

LOL
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 07:14 pm
No implication is needed. 'Tis well known. ;-)
0 Replies