When will John McCain again make an ass of himself?

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 01:15 pm
News report on Benghazi.
Quote:
We added a new top to this post at 12:40 p.m. ET to round up the latest developments.)
The White House did not insert politics into the process of determining what could be said about the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, in the days immediately afterward, former CIA Director David Petraeus told Congress this morning, according to lawmakers who were inside closed briefings today.

My comment: Which John McCain missed, because he went to the media to complain about this very subject.

Petraeus, a retired 4-star Army general, "was adamant there was no politicization of the process, no White House interference or political agenda," said Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif. "He completely debunked that idea."

In particular, lawmakers said, Petraeus offered testimony to support the view that U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice did not deliberately mislead anyone.

Emerging from a Senate hearing with Petraeus, Democratic Sen. Kent Conrad of North Dakota said that what he heard from the former CIA director indicates that Rice relied on "unclassified talking points that the entire intelligence community had signed off on" when she spoke — and therefore does not deserve the criticism she's gotten from some Republicans.

Petraeus, the lawmakers said, said that he always believed the attack was a terrorist strike and that the CIA passed that analysis on to other agencies. That conclusion was not included in talking points drafted for Rice before Sept. 16 TV appearances she made, however. Schiff told reporters that Petraeus indicated "there was an interagency process to draft [the talking points], not a political process. ... They came up with the best assessment without compromising classified information or source or methods. So changes were made to protect classified information."

John McCain has "lost it" several years ago.

JPB

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 01:23 pm
I don't think he missed today's hearings, CI. The one he missed was on Wednesday.

I just saw a report that may have an explanation for his purpose in calling for a Select Committee on Benghazi.

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- Just four years ago, John McCain was the leader of the GOP. Today, he's the highest-ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, a perch from which the former fighter pilot is deeply engaged in the national conversation over war, terrorism and intelligence gathering.

But in January, the Arizona senator will lose his top-ranking committee seat due to term limits. The only ranking Republican spot available to him next session will be on the Indian Affairs Committee.

Unless, that is, the Senate creates a brand-new select committee. On Wednesday, McCain, flanked by Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), proposed just that: a select committee with extensive authority to investigate the Benghazi, Libya, attack and the U.S. government's response.

The Republican most likely to hold the ranking spot on such a panel would be, of course, John McCain, giving the Arizona senator a new burst of relevance.

Relevance
woiyo

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 01:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Who told Susan Rice to withhold the truth (LIE!!) and why did they do it???
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 01:50 pm
@woiyo,
You really don't know how to comprehend much do you? Is English your third or forth language?

Susan Rice did not lie; she only shared what she was told. Your ability at rational thinking needs to improve, or you'll only get yourself into trouble.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 01:53 pm
@JPB,
That so-called "relevance" will only get him into more trouble. His brain isn't working rationally any more. Too bad, because at an earlier time, I had great respect for this man who knew right from wrong.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 02:03 pm
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdkdeiu5Kg1rj18uyo1_400.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NvdOPtg5Cr4/UKQVyaBqwOI/AAAAAAAADKU/uIopoju_jco/s1600/Oh+the+irony+-+McCain.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 02:19 pm
@Butrflynet,
More proof that John McCain has "lost it." He's no longer rational, and jumps onto things that has no "relevance."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 02:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That is the part that bothers me so much, ci. I thought McCain was a cut above the "normal" for the Republican Party. To see him doing the crap he is doing...and saying the garbage he is saying...is a massive letdown. I hope he gets our of politics entirely...and finally comes to his senses. He still can reclaim some of the deserved admiration some of us had for him...but the hole he has dug is already very deep. He has to stop digging...and start figuring a way to get out.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 02:59 pm
@woiyo,

Quote:
Following former CIA Director David Petraeus' testimony, Rep. Peter King (R-NY) confirmed that the CIA did in fact approve Susan Rice's talking points before her TV appearances on Sept. 16.

source
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 03:15 pm
@revelette,
Comment from the YouTube link.

Quote:
Top Comments
Now That Bufoon John McCain is all over insulting Rice who is more qualified than him and Sarah Palin combined. It's a shame that Arizona has to stick with this fool. He is OLD and has lost HIS MIND.He was asking for information, the information is provided what does he do? He skips the hearing (reason B'se there were no cameras) Really? This shows how bitter, ignorant, crazy, angry & small minded he has become. America this is the man who wanted to be President, what a shame.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 03:54 pm
I never particularly liked McCain. That he was a POW makes him the same as thousands of other Americans. I never liked his politics.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 04:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Way back when John McCain was a good man, a straight shooter with common sense, has disappeared in front of our eyes. That kind of saddens me.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 05:38 pm
Apparently, Harry Reid sent a letter to Republican Senators nixing any idea of a select committee to investigate Benghazi saying "I refuse to allow the Senate to be used as a venue for baseless partisan attacks."
JPB

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 06:26 pm
@JPB,
found a copy of Reid's letter...
Quote:
LETTER FROM SENATE MAJORITY LEADER HARRY REID TO SENATORS MCCAIN, GRAHAM, AYOTTE AND MCCONNELL
"I refuse to allow the Senate to be used as a venue for baseless partisan attacks… I am concerned that a Select Committee, as you propose, would duplicate and, ultimately, undermine the numerous investigations into the attack that are already proceeding in the Senate Committees of jurisdiction, and may serve to further politicize an issue that has already been manipulated by Members of both the House and Senate in service of partisan agendas."

"You already have the opportunity to engage more fully in the fulsome and ongoing investigations into the events in Benghazi currently being conducted by the Senate committees of jurisdiction. For instance, on Wednesday, Senator McCain failed to attend a classified briefing held by the Senate Homeland Security Committee on this very issue.
---
More
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 06:33 pm
@JPB,
Unfortunately, I believe the GOP members of congress have already passed that line of non-partisanship, and continue to feed the troll they themselves started with false charges. This congress' approval rating is low, but they just don't care. They prefer to destroy this country rather than admit defeat.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 07:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Dosent make any difference what they admit. they lost.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 08:26 pm
@RABEL222,
You think "they lost," but they're still creating upheaval in our stock market, economy, and companies who don't know what will transpire for our future.

They think they're flexing their muscles, but they're going to find nothing but fat beginning with the next election.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 08:43 am
Well both McCain and Lindsey Graham will again be on the Sunday Morning talk shows to further put their spins on this whole thing.

Sunday talk show tip sheet

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 01:26 pm
@revelette,
Just another opportunity for John McCain to show he's suffering from dementia.

Poor guy; he's going downhill fast.
JLNobody

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 11:24 pm
@Butrflynet,
It's amazing that the senator who chose Sarah Palin as his running mate considers Susan Rice to be "not very bright."