When will John McCain again make an ass of himself?

parados

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 08:08 am
@JTT,
JTT -
As good with poetry as he is with conspiracy theories.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 11:35 am
@parados,
You mean JTT is a poet? ROFLMAO He's a screwball with hate for the US and Americans. That message never changes; his primary obsession is sick!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 07:46 pm
@parados,
Two cowards, right in a row.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 07:13 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Well if you're not a member of any of those categories, what I wrote doesn't apply to you.

You don't get my point? Are you really so thick?

What you said does apply to the discussion at hand...and I am part of that discussion.

I mentioned that I am not a Democrat or a Republican or a liberal or a conservative...simply to indicate that when I say I do not understand your point, it is not a function of a cloud formed by defending one of those positions.

And I do not get your point...and I am not "really so thick." Is it too much for a participant in a discussion to ask you for clarification?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 10:27 am
@parados,
The truth scares the **** out of you, Parados. Then you do just like CI, you flee.

You really ought to get a pair a dos.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 10:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
This is from our local newspaper's cartoonist who also does a weekly humor column.

David Fitzsimmons: McCain's lament: Audiences don't buy his performance in 'Benghazi-gate'

I recently caught up with John Sidney McCain III on the set of Peter Jackson's film "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey." In what some are calling "the role of a lifetime," the part-time actor, part-time Arizona senator, portrays a small surly hobbit named Jaundice Mick Baggins. I found the tiny 76-year-old in his trailer being prepped for the day's shoot by a team of makeup artists.

I asked him if it's true what they say - that the great John McCain has lost his stature. "When I was first elected I was 5 feet 7 inches tall. These days I'm 3 feet 6 inches. You tell me. Jackson was thrilled to cast me in the role of a hobbit because CGI special effects won't be necessary."

McCain's bare feet dangled over the edge of his seat, barely touching the step stool he used to climb into the makeup chair. With his trademark pained smile he said, "I'm perfect for the part, my friend. Add the hairy feet and the pointy ears and I'm a hobbit."

He watched a make-up girl fuss with his snow-white comb-over. "My friend, being a senator is fun, but I always loved acting. And with me it's hard to to separate the two. It all began when I was asked to perform with the Muppets. Remember the two grumpy hecklers in the theater balcony who would heckle Kermit and Fozzie Bear? I was the grumpy one who looked like Ed Asner. Next thing I know it's '87 and I'm starring in 'The Maverick.'"

He adjusted his green velvet breeches and sighed. "Did I mention I was 5 feet 7 inches then? I miss those days."

On his makeup table was a bouquet of roses from Sen. Jon Kyl and a faded publicity still autographed by Sen. Russ Feingold. McCain pointed up at the picture. "At one time McCain-Feingold was the greatest team in show business. Our Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act was a runaway hit... until the Supreme Court brought down the curtain." He tugged at his red velvet vest.

He grunted as he bent over to slip on his giant hobbit feet. "By then I had lost 7 inches and I was doing cameos. After I was in 'Wedding Crashers' with Owen Wilson I needed work and the only game in town was the wing-nut circuit, so I changed my act. That's when I perfected my 'monkey on a leash' bit and my 'straight face express' routine. Crowds were dazzled by my ability to say the most amazing things and keep a straight face.

"I did 'Saturday Night Live' a few times. Did you see me in 'Parks and Recreation' with Amy Poehler? She's friends with Tina Fey. I hate that woman. Hate her. Hate her!" He pounded the armrest with his tiny fist. The makeup girl pleaded with him to sit still as she powdered his bright-red face.

I asked him about his breakthrough performance in "Game Change," HBO's political drama. "Oh, yeah. In that film I portrayed an Arizona senator running for president of the United States in 2008. The sap wants to win so badly he sells his soul to the devil. It was like a Bob Hope-Bing Crosby road picture, only I was Bob Hope and they cast a ditzy Alaskan as Bing. My friend, I thought it was going to be a political thriller, but it turned out to be a low-budget slapstick comedy."

"I am pretty excited about getting the lead in 'Benghazi-gate'. It's a Fox Studios production and I'm giving it my all. Audiences aren't buying it. It could be because I'm so small you can't see me when I stand behind a podium these days." McCain muttered something about podiums under his breath as he struggled to hop down from the chair.

As an assistant lifted him up so he could reach the doorknob, he turned to me and said his prize possession is a pair of the late Sen. Barry Goldwater's shoes.

"I love 'em. It's amazing how they've grown larger through the years. They're huge now. I can stand in the center and not see over the shoelaces."

0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 12:18 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Two cowards, right in a row.

Says the guy that spends all his time whining online instead of actually organizing an armed invasion of the country that he claims commits the most war crimes in world history. Who really is the coward that can't stand up for what he believes?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 12:20 pm
@parados,
Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 08:19 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Says the guy that spends all his time whining online instead of actually organizing an armed invasion of the country that he claims commits the most war crimes in world history. Who really is the coward that can't stand up for what he believes?

Someone who, unlike you, believes in the rule of law.

Someone who, unlike you, is willing to address uncomfortable truths.

Someone who, unlike you, is not willing to let war criminals and terrorists have a free pass.

I see your little chickenshit sidekick is right there pretending to lick the pair you wish you had. You really should get a par a dos, parados.
parados

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 06:04 pm
@JTT,
Sure... you believe in hiding your identity on line while whining and not actually doing something. That would be the ultimate in cowardice. You aren't willing to act on what you claim you believe in.

Quote:
Someone who, unlike you, is not willing to let war criminals and terrorists have a free pass.
Sure.. spending all your time on line is not giving them a free pass. I would call it not doing a damn thing about it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 06:20 pm
@parados,
Don't waste your time on JTT; his message never changes, but he does manage to change the wording. What he continues to say can be said in two short sentences. "America and Americans are terrorists." Oh, I guess it can be said in one sentence. LOL

I put JTT on Ignore; it's a great time saver. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 07:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Don't waste your time on JTT; his message never changes, but he does manage to change the wording.

You know I think that JTT and CI are retaliative in this respect with the exception that JTT does not try and dictate to you who you should put on ignore but I could be wrong about this assumption. Wink
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 01:25 pm
Found something interesting on think progress a while ago.

McCain Once Offered Identical Assessment As Susan Rice On Benghazi Attack
Quote:

Just three days after the Sept. 11 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) said there were “demonstrations” at the U.S. diplomatic mission there and that the attackers “seized this opportunity to attack our consulate.” McCain also said during this Sept. 14 press conference on Capitol Hill that he wasn’t certain whether al-Qeada perpetrated the assault.

Yet McCain has been leading a smear campaign against U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice for essentially making the same assessment two days later on the Sept. 16 Sunday talks shows. Making clear that a more thorough forthcoming investigation would provide better information for “definitive conclusions,” here’s what Rice said about the Benghazi attack on that day, from CBS’s Face the Nation:

SUSAN RICE: Based on the best information we have to date, what our assessment is as of the present is in fact what began spontaneously in Benghazi as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo where, of course, as you know, there was a violent protest outside of our embassy — sparked by this hateful video. But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that — in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent.

McCain has since blasted Rice for making this assessment. Here’s what McCain said on CNN last month during the height of his smear campaign against the U.N. Ambassador:

MCCAIN: It was obvious within 24 hours that the station chief from the CIA had said this was a terrorist attack. It was obvious to one and all that this was not a “spontaneous demonstration” because in real time, they saw there was no demonstration. … Everybody knew that it was an al Qaeda attack, and she continued to tell the world through all of the talk shows that it was a “spontaneous demonstration” sparked by a video. That is not competence in my view

But McCain’s analysis of what occurred in Benghazi in the days after the attack on Sept. 14 mirrors Rice’s assessment during her Sept. 16 Sunday show appearances, saying that the attackers took advantage of a demonstration at the U.S. diplomatic mission:

MCCAIN: It’s hard to know exactly what took place and how long it was planned, and — I don’t have that information. I know very well that there were demonstrations, that there was a group of either al-Qaida or some radical Islamists who — about 15 of them, armed with RPGs and other lethal weapons, that seized this opportunity to attack our consulate. And it was an act of terror. It wasn’t an act of a mob getting out of control. We should understand that. This was a calculated act of terror on the part of a small group of jihadists, not a mob that somehow attacked and sacked our embassy.

So both McCain and Susan Rice believed at roughly the same point after the the Sept. 11 Benghazi attacks that the terrorists took advantage of a spontaneous demonstration against an anti-Islam video at the U.S. diplomatic mission there. And like Rice, McCain couldn’t say definitively if it was al Qaeda. When asked if it was al-Qaeda during his Sept. 14 press conference, McCain said, “It certainly was extremist elements. If it’s not al-Qaida, it’s certainly one of the affiliated organizations.”

As is now known, on Sept. 16, Rice was presenting the assessment of what happened in Benghazi that was given to her by the U.S. intelligence community and that assessment turned out to be inaccurate. CIA officials initially thought that al Qaeda was responsible for the attack, but intelligence officials agreed that a more general term of “extremists” would suffice in Rice’s talking points.

The Arizona Republican has also claimed that Rice should have changed her assessment because shortly before her appearance on Face the Nation, a top Libyan official “said that this was an al Qaeda attack.” But in fact, the official, Mohamed Yousef el-Magariaf, didn’t give a definitive assessment and said only “a few of them” were connected to the terror group, and that others were “affiliates and maybe sympathizers.” But even if el-Magariaf had been more sure, it would have been irresponsible for Rice to endorse and share a view she knew to be inconsistent with what U.S. intelligence officials had provided.

JTT

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 01:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
his message never changes, but he does manage to change the wording.

Considering that most of what I post about US war crimes and US terrorism comes from US sources, you would think that a guy like you, CI, who frequently chides others for their lack of facts would come up with a less lame response.

When one is discussing US war crimes and terrorism, it's impossible to change the message. That message has been writ long and strong, not by me but by the actions of the US.

And I can't imagine why you think the US, and those like you who support these heinous acts, should receive some sort of reprieve when none of you have shown the slightest measure of remorse or sorrow for, not only what you have done, but what you continue to do daily.

Quote:
I put JTT on Ignore; it's a great time saver.

You should be more honest with yourself, CI. Putting me on ignore allows you to put these horrendous actions out of your mind. You're the equivalent of a German national saying, "Hitler was actually a pretty good guy."
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 01:28 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
Found something interesting on think progress a while ago.

"think progress", Rev. Might that not be a little too big an undertaking for you?
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 04:34 pm
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/azstarnet.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/de/6de9ca36-3d86-11e2-8d49-0019bb2963f4/50bd09909d1d2.preview-620.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 03:25 pm
@mesquite,
McCain is a lost cause; he should retire rather than further make a fool of himself and ruin his once-good reputation. He's going to ruin a lifetime of government service in just a couple of years. What a waste.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's Colin Powell with his support of this administration. Better late than never.

Quote:

Republican Powell defends Clinton on Benghazi, rips GOP

Yahoo! News - Latest News & Headlines - 45 minutes ago

Former Secretary of State Gen. Colin Powell defended current Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's handling of the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, saying it could've happened under anyone's watch.

Too many GOP fools in our government who speaks out when they should keep their mouths shut~!
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 11:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
Here's Colin Powell, world renowned liar, war criminal, terrorist, with his support of this administration.

0 Replies