When will John McCain again make an ass of himself?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2012 06:28 pm
@JLNobody,
It only reflects on the idiot that would make such a statement. John McCain has "lost it" some years ago, and he's getting worse. Somebody that loves him needs to tell him he's senile, and he needs to stop embarrassing himself.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 01:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
Here's more on the Benghazi attack. They're going to keep pounding this issue until somebody, anybody, answers their dogged questions about the facts. What's taking so long?

http://news.yahoo.com/congress-wants-know-created-benghazi-talking-points-why-001030865.html
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 08:32 am
@cicerone imposter,
I wouldn't dismiss McCain, despite the fact that he looses Presidential elections, people still listen to him as can be evidenced by his many TV appearances.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 11:23 am
@revelette,
Just another Romney, a dead politician walking.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 05:51 pm
Ah, an explanation of the Looooooong, angry history of McCain towards Obama. It goes all the way back to O's freshman year in the Senate.

Quote:
In case anyone hasn't noticed, Arizona Senator John McCain has been making a fool of himself lately, on a weekly if not daily basis, his rants seeming to be fueled by an unhealthy mix of anger and envy, with not insignificant hints of racism and misogyny thrown in for good measure. The direct, and at times indirect, object of his rage has been President Barack Obama, who beat McCain substantially in the 2008 presidential election and who had the gall to be reelected by a significant electoral margin again this month--much, apparently, to McCain's chagrin.

McCain has never liked Obama. Ever. Their feud goes back to Obama's first years in the U.S. Senate, when McCain felt that Obama betrayed him over lobbying reform legislation. It resulted in a scathing letter issued to Obama (and reportedly drafted by McCain's then alter-ego Mark Salter) in February of 2006:

That there are significant questions that still need to be answered in respect to the Benghazi attack goes without saying. But McCain's anger-driven grandstanding brings us no closer to the light.

As McCain insiders have noted for some time--and, for my book, The Lies of Sarah Palin, I interviewed many of his longtime associates, both on and off the record--there have always been two John McCains. One is the avuncular, fun-loving McCain who guided the Straight-Talk Express with a pirate's patch over one eye in the 2000 Republican presidential primary; the other is the brooding, mean-spirited curmudgeon who has come to define his persona ever since his loss to Obama in 2008. Think Ahab in an ill-fitting suit. "McCain can be an absolute asshole," one of his advisers told me two years ago. "There's no escaping that."

Given his profound antipathy toward Obama, it's the latter John McCain that has dominated what will surely be his final term in the U.S. Senate. He's become a bitter, petulant bully, with nothing left to lose, except, apparently his personal dignity and what is left of his political reputation. Which is too bad. It was the bipartisan, independent maverick that first catapulted McCain to national prominence. Today, it is the ever more conservative and impulsive party hack that promises to stain his legacy permanently.

Unfortunately, this is also the same John McCain who appears virtually every Sunday morning on the network talk-show circuit, launching attacks on President Obama and his associates. It's a poor choice by the networks for a dance partner. McCain's anger-driven, personalized, caustic, and often fact-free ramblings do little to advance this country's cause, either at home or around the world.
much more
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 05:59 pm
@JPB,
amen to that!

From hind sight, I'm sort of happy he never made it to the presidency; his irrational behavior luckily came out as he was winding down his political life.

Maybe, his time in the Hanoi Hilton did more harm than most people realize.
His selection of Palin should have been the ringing bell of alert.

Arizonans would be "crazy" to put him back into congress.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 09:10 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
which the former fighter pilot

current war criminal.

Quote:
The only ranking Republican spot available to him next session will be on the Indian Affairs Committee.

Where he protected other US war criminals that had been given some silly US medals for gunning down unarmed men, women and children.

Quote:
Members of the 7th Cavalry attacked Big Foot's band of Sioux ghost dancers in retaliation for Sitting Bull's humiliating defeat of George Armstrong Custer at the Battle of the Little Big Horn, fourteen years earlier. At Wounded Knee, the soldiers used four semi-automatic Hotchkiss guns to massacre an encampment of mostly women, children, and old people.

http://www.savagesandscoundrels.org/events-landmarks/1890-wounded-knee/
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 01:49 am
Liberals loved McCain when he was seen as a Republican iconoclast.

He was always far more conservative than Democrats thought.

Now that they see what they should have always seen they ask "What happened?"

Republicans love Joe Lieberman.

Tell you anything?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 09:31 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I do not love either man...and I am not a Democrat, Republican, liberal, or conservative.

I don't get your point, Finn.
JPB

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 10:47 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't know that liberals ever "loved" McCain. I think they respected him and embraced (perhaps created) his "maverick", not like the rest of them personae. My dream election of 2000 was Bradley vs McCain, two centrist-leaning candidates who could at least talk about governing from the middle. But a centrist can't survive the primary process on either side and we ended up with GWB and Gore (ugh in both cases). Lieberman? Republicans love him? Really? Why, so that they get to keep the armaments industry going?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 10:53 am
@revelette,
right wing guy for America's right wing media

can't expect anything else
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 12:08 pm
You could go back as far as you wish. You will not see a word of praise from me for McCain. I never really liked him.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 05:12 pm
I know CI is ignoring the truth that I share but I thought that there might be hope for the rest of you.

0 Replies

revelette

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 08:32 am
John McCain protests new Gitmo report

Feinstein: Guantanamo Detainees Can Be Moved To US

Quote:
WASHINGTON (CBS / AP) — The controversial detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, could be closed and the 166 detainees being held there could be absorbed safely by U.S. prisons, a government report says.

Many of the detainees are accused of plotting terrorist acts against the United States.

“This report demonstrates that if the political will exists, we could finally close Guantanamo without imperiling our national security,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., the Senate Intelligence Committee chairwoman who released the Government Accountability Office study Wednesday.

The GAO study (.pdf) shows that U.S. prisons already hold 373 prisoners convicted of terrorism in 98 facilities across the country.

“As far as I know, there hasn’t been a single security problem reported in any of these cases,” Feinstein said. “This fact outweighs not only the high cost of maintaining Guantanamo—which costs more than $114 million a year—but also provides the same degree of security without the criticism of operating a military prison in an isolated location.”

The study said there are six Defense Department prisons and 98 Justice Department prisons that could take the detainees, but it does say that existing facilities likely would need to be modified and current inmates may need to be relocated to make room for the new arrivals.

President Barack Obama ordered the closing of the Guantanamo’s detention facility when he took office in 2009, but that was blocked by a Republican-led bill that cut off funding to move the detainees to the U.S. The lawmakers cited security concerns, saying the presence of the detainees would encourage terror attacks in the states or cities where they were being held.

Feinstein commissioned the study in 2008 to find out where the detainees could be held, if the White House was able to move ahead with Guantanamo’s closure.

engineer

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 10:38 am
@revelette,
I always loved the argument that narco trafficers with armies of well armed henchmen can be safely held in US prisons but "terrorists" isolated from all support are a deadly threat to all that is sacred about the US.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 12:50 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
Many of the detainees are accused of plotting terrorist acts against the United States.

The propaganda that y'all are subjected to, Rev, is absolutely relentless. No wonder you can't think straight.

These men stand accused, for what, 10 years. You have thousands of Americans who we all know plotted and then committed terrorist actions against Afghanistan and Iraq and where are they? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Doesn't the US consteetwoshun say something about a right to a speedy trial? The US is an absolute joke. It's a police state where people are incarcerated, not to mention, tortured.

The US bought these prisoners. That's apparent by the lack of trials.

All these innocent Afghans can take some solace in the fact that it costs you dumb shits $114 million a year.

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 02:13 pm
@JTT,
Treason doth never prosper.
What's the reason.
For if it prosper,
None dare call it treason.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 05:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well if you're not a member of any of those categories, what I wrote doesn't apply to you.

You don't get my point? Are you really so thick?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 05:33 pm
@JPB,
So "loved" should have been placed in quotes. The point is the same.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 06:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Treason doth ever prosper.
For war criminal presidents
And their chosen few.
The Apisas
Just lube up and bend over.