Donald Trumps October Surprise

jcboy

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 11:32 am
How about making the donation if Romney releases his tax returns? What a MORON!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/trump-announcement-obama-161111445--election.html

Quote:
Donald Trump, the impossibly coiffed real estate mogul, reality TV star and de facto leader of the "birther" movement, made his "big announcement" about President Barack Obama on Wednesday, saying he would give $5 million to a charity of Obama's choice in exchange for the release of the commander in chief's college records and passport application.

"Barack Obama is the least transparent president in the history of this country," Trump said in a video shot from his New York office and uploaded to YouTube. "I'm very honored to have gotten him to release his long-form birth certificate or whatever it may be."

"I have a deal for the president," Trump continued. "If Barack Obama opens up and gives his college records and applications and if he gives his passport applications and records I will give to a charity of his choice—inner-city children in Chicago, American Cancer Society, AIDS research, anything he wants—a check immediately for $5 million."

The professional carnival barker also issued an accompanying press release on his Facebook page.

In an interview with "Fox & Friends" on Monday, Trump said, "I have something very, very big concerning the president of the United States. I will be announcing it sometime probably Wednesday and it's going to be very big."

"Will it change the election?" co-host Gretchen Carlson asked Trump. "Possibly," Trump replied. "It's very big—bigger than anybody would know."

Following Trump's titillating tease, there was some speculation that he would unveil divorce papers that Michelle Obama had allegedly drawn up more than a decade ago. Others thought the "Celebrity Apprentice" host had proof of the president's rumored cocaine use during college.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 37 • Views: 10,821 • Replies: 118

maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 12:05 pm
@jcboy,
Why is Donald Trump famous again?
jcboy

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 12:32 pm
@maxdancona,
Wasn’t he the poster boy for hair loss for men? Cool
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 02:22 pm
Donald who?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 02:28 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Quote:
The professional carnival barker

Laughing
Mame

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 02:33 pm
@ehBeth,
I loved that, too!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 02:39 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

How about making the donation if Romney releases his tax returns?

No lets have Kerry have his 2nd wife release her tax returns. She is very, very wealthy and pays less tax than Romney ever did. Why? Because all or most of her investments are tied up in bonds...

The secret from the Obama family concerns the reason why Mrs. Obama ( wife of the President ) couldn't get into medical school...Tell us why, oh why!
roger

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 02:43 pm
@Miller,
Because Kerry is not a candidate this time around, and if they didn't do a joint return, her taxes wouldn't be relevant, anyway. Tim Geithner's tax could still be of interest, but probably would be less than a distraction.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 02:48 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Why is Donald Trump famous again?

Because Andy Warhol was right. Even total and complete assholes (which Trump undoubtedly is) are entitled to 15 minutes of fame.
Miller

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 02:51 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Thr biggest assholes are really the owners of the Boston Red Sox, who've managed to spend millions upon millions of $$ and still end up with a rotten team. Is it the managers? Is it the players? No...it's the owners.

How jerks like them ever got so rich is totally unkown to me.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 03:11 pm
@jcboy,
Trump is just trying to change the headlines from his latest business failure to his latest political embarrassment.

Yes, Trump was fired from his own business enterprise today...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/the-donald-fired-from-trump-tower-no-longer-manger-new-york-high-rise_n_2006368.html

Quote:
Trump Place Fires The Donald: Mogul No Longer The Manager Of Pricey New York High Rise

The condominium board at Trump Place has quietly fired the Trump Organization from managing the pricey high rise on the Hudson River that bears its name.

Sources told The Real Deal that the condominium board replaced Trump with AKAM Living Services, a management firm that has presided over luxury buildings at such high-end zip codes addresses as Central Park West, Fifth Avenue and West End Avenue.

AKAM confirmed to the Huffington Post that they have been retained to manage the property as of November 1st.

The move came as a surprise to the Trump organization, according to the real estate blog.

“We certainly would have been willing to discuss the concerns of the board if they had contacted us,” Sonja Talesnik, general counsel for the Trump Organization, told The Real Deal. “They gave us no indication that they were looking to change managing agents.”

But Anna Fishbeyn, vice president of the Trump Place board, said the change was a long time in coming.

"We've been waiting for their services to improve for years," Fishbeyn told the Huffington Post. "And when they didn't, we started investigating other services."

Although Fishbeyn said the decision to replace the Trump company was difficult, especially given the name recognition, the board ultimately made the right call. The Real Deal quoted anonymous sources as saying some residents were displeased by the change, but Fishbeyn countered the claim, saying her office has been flooded with thank you's.

"I have received email after email thanking me for the decision," she said. "We were in part responding to [residents who] over the years who had been accruing complaints, and talking about the lack of responsiveness... of maintenance issues."

With close to 300 apartments, at an average price of $1,326 per square foot , the move is sure to sting the pride of the billionaire real estate mogul and reality television star famous for his catchphrase, "You're fired."

And lately, the ever-colorful personality has been firing people left and right. He told ESPN that Yankees star Alex Rodriguez should get the boot. He also thinks actor Robert Pattinson should "fire" former girlfriend Kristen Stewart, and released a mocking video meant to air at the Republican National Convention in which he fires President Obama.
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 03:15 pm
@Butrflynet,
I read that today, hilarious!

The October surprise? The only surprise is how boring and foolish this is in the election. Mr. Irrelevant Trump makes an irrelevant demand.

I'd like to get him in my salon just once, I cringe every time I see his comb over!
Miller

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 03:36 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Who cares about his hair. It's whats in his wallet that counts, and counts and counts....$$$$$
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 03:37 pm
@jcboy,
I hope Obama lets him see all his paperwork and then donates the money to Planned Parenthood.
(I doubt Trump even has a liquid 5 million.)
jcboy

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 04:04 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I hope Obama lets him see all his paperwork and then donates the money to Planned Parenthood.

That would be awesome! Too bad nobody really takes Trump seriously though.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 04:22 am
The only surprise about Trump that I can see is that people pay the slightest heed to his public statements.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 04:47 am
@jcboy,
Obama should call his bluff, and insist he donates to TUT.

http://www.trippinguptrump.com/news/donald-trump-invited-to-view-youve-been-trumped-in-scottish-parliament
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 05:13 am
@jcboy,

Green Witch wrote:
jcboy wrote:

That would be awesome! Too bad nobody really takes Trump seriously though.
If Obama does it,
then that will be a unilateral contract, and legally enforcible, as such.
I 'm sure that Trump and his legal counsel know that.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 05:17 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
(I doubt Trump even has a liquid 5 million.)
If he did not have it liquid,
then he 'd have to sell a little of his real estate, or borrow against some of it.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 05:44 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
EqualityFLSTPete wrote:
I read that today, hilarious!

The October surprise? The only surprise is how boring and foolish this is in the election.
Mr. Irrelevant Trump makes an irrelevant demand.

I'd like to get him in my salon just once, I cringe every time I see his comb over!
If someone with Trump 's hairstyle came into your salon,
put his faith in your talent and gave u artistic freedom,
how woud u improve on it, Anthony ?

David