Tonight's Presidential Candidate Debate...

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:15 pm
@Robert Gentel,
If you were surprised by Romney's performance, you haven't spent much time watching him.

Sorry Robert, I neglected to use "usually," but since you can't be considered partisan, let alone hyper-partisan, I can imagine why you would be put off by my neglect.

Well, I do have money on it and I expect to win big because when I placed my bet I locked in very favorable odds.

Given your expressed opinions on drone attacks, it's not a secret that you aren't cheering for Obama, but it would be a shocking surprise if you revealed that you would rather see Romney win.

BTW, if you think any of my assumptions are intended to "work on you," you may share the self-absorption of Obama.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:18 pm
My God, even MSNBC thinks Romney won!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:20 pm
@Gargamel,
God, but you're an insecure clown.
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:22 pm
@Robert Gentel,
when it clars, the same "plans for the economy" are shared by the two candidates. Im sorry that Obama didnt summarize with a more lucid roundup to where the economy had gone and from where it had come back from. He shoulda used a simple ass Bill Clinton summary to state the FACT that
Bush's tax cuts and two fuckin wars started the depression---The Depression was responsible for the defecits--- and the govts position in 2003 to NOT BE ABLE TO SEEK THE LOWEST PRICE FOR DRUGS added an additional 2 TRILLION to the defecit.

He didnt go for the jugular. I think Obama was kinda weirded out at how fulla RED BULL Romney was.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh wait Sharpeton (Geez Al, eat some Pork rinds, you're shrinking away) is trying to say Obama engaged in a Rope-A-Dope strategy.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Sorry Robert, I neglected to use "usually," but since you can't be considered partisan, let alone hyper-partisan, I can imagine why you would be put off by my neglect.

Good, it's weird when someone just talks right past you as if you are a political caricature they were expecting.

Quote:
Well, I do have money on it and I expect to win big because when I placed my bet I locked in very favorable odds.

Nice. At least you are the first one I know who is putting money on that belief, means you really believe it and aren't just hoping out lout.

Quote:
Given your expressed opinions on drone attacks, it's not a secret that you aren't cheering for Obama, but it would be a shocking surprise if you revealed that you would rather see Romney win.

I favor Gary Johnson and because of the crappy political system America has I really have no dog in this fight. I'd be happy to see Obama lose but that happiness would probably be balanced out by seeing an even more hawkish and much less intellectually honest person become the president.

It's heads you win tails I lose for me.

Quote:
BTW, if you think any of my assumptions are intended to "work on you," you may share the self-absorption of Obama.

I don't know where you get all that. I'm just saying that you talk to me as if I'm a dyed-in-the-wool liberal for some reason. And I think the reason is that you have an inordinate tendency to need to reconcile everything into the narrative of partisan politics.

So given that I'm not on your "side" you talk right past me like I'm the caricature you have of the other side. It's no big deal though, just a pity, to me (because you are one of the few conservatives on this site worth talking to on the political threads), as it makes it harder to have conversations with you when I can't live up to being the foil you expect of me.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:24 pm
Rachel Maddow just told David Plouffe that she understands he is more a policy guy than a political guy!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

God, but you're an insecure clown.

Pussy.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:27 pm
@Gargamel,
you're on the old dud's grass, garg,

he's gonna have a fit...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:30 pm
@Gargamel,
Yes, that's it. I'm afraid of being "schooled" by a Pitcher of Kool-Ade
Rockhead

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
says a moose with a big rack.

I love the internets...
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:35 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Sorry Robert but I think you either don't know as much about Romney's proposed programs as you think you do or you have jumped on the liberal train.

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That must be it. Just had to wring out a bunch of Kool-Aid from all my clothes and all. Cheers.
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:40 pm
@Rockhead,
its not a moose, its an Irish ELk. Its extinct
Rockhead

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:41 pm
@farmerman,
I stand corrected.

thank you general...
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:47 pm
I think tonight's debate was clear, one with alot of baseless promises and one who has tangible ones. As I predicted the debate was about talking points we already know.

Romney made alot of claims of untruths but has little to back him up because he has no real plans just a promise to make it better.

Obama was presidential. Tonight's debate was between a aggressive loud mouth who has a history of insulting everyone in his path and a guy who is diplomatic, calm and collected. Ive learned no more from either that I didn't already know, the platform though was awful and was uncomfortable, crappy moderator who could not control the debate or ask fact checking questions.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:50 pm
@MMarciano,
what would be really fun would be a hot wire that would buzz either guy when he told a proven lie...

bzzzzzt, uh, I meant______. bzzzzzt.

nevermind....
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:51 pm
Actually..... I have to say it, Obunga did about as well as anybody could hope to do in a formal debate in which they were giving away thirty or forty IQ points.

But that's the problem. If the two men were more evenly matched, Obunga might hope to come back in the next debate, but they're not evenly matched. This was a heavyweight versus chickenweight fight, basically Joe Louis versus Little WeeWee Jones. A lot of people are probably waking up to the realization that they elected a chickenweight to the white house four years ago.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 10:08 pm
Anybody other than me catch the thing with Obunga calling Donald Trump a "small businessman"??
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 10:09 pm
@farmerman,
Bingo
0 Replies