NO DIGRESSIONS ALLOWED

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 11:21 am
Vidoe games more like . . .

. . . when Space Invaders first came out, a guy asked me if i was a member of the "One Hundred" club yet. I asked him what the hell he was talking about, and he said people who had pumped one hundred dollars into Space Invaders. I stopped playing video games, except at home on consoles or computers.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 01:37 pm
@Setanta,
Here in the Sandwich Isles the 100 Club has an entirely different meaning. It's the veterans' organization for the Nisei (Americans of Japanese Descent) Hawaiians who served in the 100th Infantry Battalion (Independent) which eventually became first battalion of the 442d Regimental Combat Team, the most decorated military unit of its size in World War II.

[Did I just digress?]
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 01:44 pm
I would certainly hope not. I'm gonna have some fried baloney sammiches . . . want one?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 01:45 pm
@Setanta,
Thanx just the same but I just had breakfast.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 01:49 pm
If you had a regrettable affair with Miss Streisand, would that mean that you rue Barb?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 01:50 pm
@parados,
An iambic moment?
parados

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 01:58 pm
@ehBeth,
A meter is about 3 foot high and you put quarters in it. Which is different from football which has 4 quarters and is measured in yards. Which reminds me I need to mow mine. Yard, not football.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 02:03 pm
In Canada, they have abandoned the bad old days, everything is metric . . . well, some things aren't--football fields are still 110 yards long. (You know those Canajuns, everythings gotta be different.)

Of course, if you go to the store, they sell butter in packages of 454 grams, and if you get a jug of antifreeze, it's a four liter jug. But that's neither here nor there.
parados

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 02:11 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
But that's neither here nor there.

Actually, I think it is both here and there. Here in your case and there in my case.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 02:14 pm
If it was in my case, and oow it's in your case, what the hell is going on here ? ! ? ! ?

SECURITY ! ! !
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 02:20 pm
Yeah, you'd best get Set's "oow" outta your case, Parados.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 04:49 pm
"Game set and match" said Gene Rayburn as he turned towards the television audience.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 04:58 pm
@panzade,
You hardly ever see matches in use any more. Everybody carries Bic or Scripto disposable lighters nowadays.
panzade

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 05:04 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
you're right...the smell of a lit match reminds me of Boy Scout campfires and fireworks.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 05:46 pm
@panzade,
Know what I miss? Those big wooden kitchen matches you could strike on any surface to light. I actually learned how to strike one on my thumbnail, the way you see tough guys in old Western movies do it, one-handed. Then they outlawed the suckers or something. They don't make 'em any more. Been years now.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 05:49 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I can still smell the sulphur.
dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 12:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
you peeps couldn't digress if a digression took over your body and controlled you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 12:29 am
@dlowan,
Getting somewhat pretentiously serious about this kind of topic sure makes you a party-pooper! Mr. Green

margo

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 01:24 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Why, for instance, when we talk about separating the sheep from the goats, are the sheep seen as good and the goats bad?

Seems unfair. I love goat cheese!

...and you're maligning the queen of digressia!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 02:07 am
@Lustig Andrei,
So, you're trying to say that you're matchless? Oh, the conceit . . .