What is the 411 on JTT?

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 12:47 pm
I gather that this is Possum, the one who goes under many names.....but what is this hate of Americans in particular and humanity in general about? Many times I have felt that JTT is American but I have not been able to pin it down. He/she refuses repeated attempts to gather information on background and motive for posts, but somebody here must know something.

So, what gives?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 18 • Views: 6,709 • Replies: 80

JPB

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 01:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Definitely not Possum.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 01:10 pm
@JPB,
interesting...thanks
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 01:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm merely curious where you get the notion he's American. I get the complete opposite. He may be North American but he's most certainly not from the US. If so, he's a militant expatriate.
wandeljw

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
We can only guess. Some have said U.S. Some have said Canada. JTT is definitely familiar with U.S. slang. My guess would be quasi-U.S. (citizen of Puerto Rico). Although some Puerto Ricans favor statehood, many express hatred towards the U.S.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:05 pm
I think Paterson, NJ.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
A remember a few years ago a mexican who does not like America much, a mexican who either lives in the US or used to would fit.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:24 pm
@wandeljw,
I've always guessed that JTT is an american who left for Canada back in the day, and later returned (or not). I don't even know if JTT is a male or female. What I do know is that JTT is missing an obsession monitor.

This is all rather odd to me, in that I oft agree with him or her, or used to; I'm plum weary of the incessant badgering, though, and have long had him or her on ignore - that keeps me from screaming online. I get to see enough as it is, as other people quote.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
I vaguely remember that person, would recognize the name if I saw it, but can't remember it just now.
JPB

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Amigo
ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:32 pm
@JPB,
No, not Amigo - I rather loved Amigo. We had some good talks, on the boards or pms, about graffiti, art, Los Angeles, and other subjects. He is much loosey goosier, much more fun, than JTT or the person Hawkeye and I are remembering from Mexico, has much broader interests.

The name might even have been Mexico - it was six or seven or eight letters long, I think. (This is how I remember some stuff, trying to visualize.)
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:36 pm
@wandeljw,
His English is not good enough for a Native North American. While he might go on and on and on (ad nauseum) about how to speak English, he often slips up when he's on a diatribe and you can tell he's not a Native English Speaker.

I don't know where he hails from and I don't care - he's a PITA.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:39 pm
@Mame,
Put In The Ashcan?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:40 pm
@Mame,
I like the sound of "pita head." Does that work? LOL Mr. Green
hingehead

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:42 pm
@ossobuco,
I think I saw someone say Jtt was Marburg? Something like that. I can imagine him being an American don't know though. I think this comes up occasionally. I think of jtt as my Santayana conscience: those who forget history....

Weirdly he does break out of the mould occasionally. He found a picture in a thread for snood just hours ago. I use he for convenience rather than accuracy.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
According to wikipedia it is an "acronym of pain in the ass". Wink
ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:50 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Ah, thanks!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:52 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
His English is not good enough for a Native North American

I think Mexican still fits...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 03:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
This is all rather odd to me,

exactly...mostly I dont care about motives but there are times when members act so strange that I cant help but wonder what they are up to. Firefly is another one, how she claims over and over again how certain views are not worth bothering to confront, certain threads are beyond debate, and certain members are too stupid to take seriously....then she devotes tens of hours devoting herself to exactly that anyways. WTF! it makes no sense, so I have to wonder.

JTT spends enormous amounts of time and energy going after the same people and same argument after any chance of changing minds or even being heard are gone. Why would anyone do that? I am a famous supporter of lost and/or unpopular causes, but when nothing can be accomplished doing one thing I do something else, my time is to valuable to straight up waste.

JTT is strange, and thus interesting.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 03:06 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks, Walter. I'll try to remember, but at my age, memory skills are quickly disappearing from the grey matter. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk