Post-Factual Stage of Dem Campaign

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 07:51 am
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view/20220831nothing_scares_obama_like_truth/

Quote:

To paraphrase Mark Twain, there are three kinds of liars: Liars, damned liars . . . and screaming, foamy-mouthed MSNBC hosts watching Paul Ryan speak.

We have now moved into what academics might call the “post-factual” portion of the Obama campaign. For example: Tuesday night Ann Romney gives a warm, charmingly earnest speech. Obama flak Robert Gibbs calls it an “angry” night “full of insults.” What “insults?” He doesn’t say. He just says “Republicans are angry!”

Why? Because he needs them to be.

The RNC features black Republicans like Condoleezza Rice, Rep. Artur Davis and Mia Love. CNN and MSNBC fill their panels with nuts like Toure and the Rev. Al Sharpton decrying the “racism” in Tampa. Their proof? They don’t need “proof.” For Obama to win, they need Republicans to be “racist” — so the pundits say they are.

Republican Mitch McCon- nell quips “Obama hasn’t been working to earn re-election. He’s been working to earn a spot on the PGA tour.” MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell knows what’s up: “He’s aligning . . . the lifestyle of Tiger Woods to Obama.”

And in perhaps the most blatant example, DNC spokesflak Debbie Wasserman Schultz used a Los Angeles Times article to claim that Mitt Romney is responsible for the abortion plank of the GOP platform. CNN’s Anderson Cooper confronted her with the fact that the Times article she quoted said the exact opposite — that Romney did not support the plank as written.

Wasserman Schultz’s answer? “Anderson, it doesn’t matter.”

Wow.........
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,420 • Replies: 71

oralloy

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 08:43 am

I note the tag someone just added: "shut up already".

I'm reminded of Clint Eastwood's speech last night. I believe that was the same response the imaginary Obama gave.

Laughing
gungasnake

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 10:15 am
@oralloy,
Making himself invisible seems to be one of Obunga's few gifts in life, he did a masterful job of it at Columbia University; nobody who was there at the time ever saw or heard of him.
farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 05:40 pm
@gungasnake,
noone except the dean of the Hahvad law school and several dozen acquaintences. He cant be the ed and then president of the Hahvd Law Review in a closet. If ya want to keepspewing the lies, at least try to keep up with the news .

Did ya read Sean Carrolls article about genes and evolution of new functions of genes??

No I guess you didnt because itd crunchyour predigested worldview.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 07:06 pm
@gungasnake,
Somehow quoting the author of 'Pudd'nhead Wilson' to justify racism makes perfect sense in the Bizzaro world of GanjaSnaKKKe.

Rap
gungasnake

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 08:25 pm
@raprap,
You're claiming that Mark Twain was an asshole?

Congratulations, your sorry ass just got put on ignore.
farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 09:43 pm
@raprap,
Bizarro is right. Hes lost any minor tangential contacts with reality

0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 11:39 pm
@gungasnake,
Yippee! I've made GanjaSnaKKKe's ignore. I feel so honored to be included in such an esteemed list.

Listen assbite, Mark Twain was not holding to racist organizations like that of the modern GOP. Now if you had ever read 'Pudd'nhead Wilson' you would have realized that was what I was saying. Your responce is an indication of you ignorance.

Unfortunately, GanjaSnaKKKe this isn't unexpected as reading anything that doesn't comply with your narrow hairboned worldview apparently is comprehension. In a way, it’s too bad that you choose to be the narrow, small, little viper you are because somehow I think you are capable of more.

Rap
oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 12:31 am
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
GanjaSnaKKKe

What is it with the left and childish name-calling? It's been getting worse and worse.

raprap wrote:
racist organizations like that of the modern GOP

Nonsense.
raprap

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 07:29 am
@oralloy,
Calling GanjaSnaKKKe GanjaSnaKKKe is prompted by GanjaSnaKKKe's habit of adding KKK to anything his narrow experience doesn't agree.

As for the GOP being the 'Party of White’ that contention isn't just mine. Granted the GOP trotted out token minorities during their convention but it quickly became apparent that the black delegate with the white baseball cap that the TV cameras focused on was always the same black man with the same white baseball cap. Geez, they weren’t even smart enough to give their token minority delegate several baseball caps.

Sad, that the Party of Lincoln, Roosevelt, Eisenhower and Reagan has become the Party of Maddox, Bob Jones, Jesse Helms, Ann Coulter, and Rush Limbaugh. I guess that was the result of the success of Nixon's Southern Plan--

Quote:
By Harold Meyerson, The Washington Post

The Republican ticket may hail from Massachusetts and Wisconsin, but Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan head the most Southernized major U.S. political party since Jefferson Davis’s day. In its hostility toward minorities, exploitation of racism, antipathy toward government and suspicion of science, today’s Republican Party represents the worst traditions of the South’s dankest backwaters.

No other party in U.S. history has done such a 180. Founded as the party of the anti-slavery North and committed to deep governmental involvement in spurring the economy (land-grant colleges, the Homestead Act, the transcontinental railway), today’s GOP is the negation of Abraham Lincoln’s Republicans. It is almost entirely white — 92 percent, compared with just 58 percent of Democrats. It is disproportionately Southern — 49 percent of Republicans live in the South vs. 39 percent of Democrats.

In modern GOP, the old South returns

Rap
farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 07:37 am
@raprap,
A fact that seems lost on them so they try to "cartoon up" what people percieve as their racist bent.

Quote:
Sad, that the Party of Lincoln, Roosevelt, Eisenhower and Reagan has become the Party of Maddox, Bob Jones, Jesse Helms, Ann Coulter, and Rush Limbaugh. I guess that was the result of the success of Nixon's Southern Plan--
More as much it was Johnsons driving of the Civil Rights act. AS Johnson said hisself'This little Act is gonna lose us the South for at least 3 generations"
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 07:43 am
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
As for the GOP being the 'Party of White’ that contention isn't just mine.

Your contention was that they were racist. That contention is nonsense, and it would be nonsense no matter how many people agreed with it.
raprap

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 08:06 am
@oralloy,
Grand Old Party of White

http://riehlworldview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/la-na-tt-white-party-20120828-001.jpg
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 08:09 am
@oralloy,
More Grand Old Party of White

http://www.creators.com/editorial_cartoons/1/23632_thumb.gif
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 08:17 am
@oralloy,
The White Hat Minority

http://pocho.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/seatfiller.jpg
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 09:50 pm
@oralloy,
Action from represntatives of the Party of White

Mark Harris (embaressing Pennsylvania Politician)

CNN Camerawoman: Peanut-Throwing Incident At Republican Convention A 'Wake-Up Call'

Rap

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 10:26 pm
Who's post-factual? The three major fact-checking organizations say it's Romney, by a mile. Almost half of the statements he makes are either out and out lies, misstatements, or egregious misrepresentations. And the Herald is a rag.
oralloy

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 12:27 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Who's post-factual? The three major fact-checking organizations say it's Romney, by a mile. Almost half of the statements he makes are either out and out lies, misstatements, or egregious misrepresentations. And the Herald is a rag.

Meh. Republican lies are no worse than Democratic lies.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 07:09 am
@gungasnake,
On the lighter lie of right.

Paul Ryan says he misstated marathon claim

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/01/13611931-paul-ryan-says-he-misstated-marathon-claim?lite

A 4:10 marathon is impressive enough, but sub three hour is a pretty rarified atmosphere--the golf equivalent of a sub 80 stoke round, a sub four hour century, bowling 300. It's the sort of accomplishment that an individual would never forget, particularly as any sub three marathon immediately qualifies you for a lifetime invitation to the granddaddy of all marathons--Boston, otherwise you're qualification is celebrity invitation or lottery.

Two things bring me immediate pause about this Ryan misstatement--first is the delusion--anyone who has run any distance knows the rarity of a sub three and to claim a sub three even in passing knows that it will lead to further questions (course, weather, other marathons)---second is the apparent realization that the claim of a sub-three wouldn't be questioned or recorded, even one 20 years ago.

Rap
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 08:19 am
Oralloy:Republican lies are FAR more frequent, say the fact checkers.