The Republican Convention

Foofie

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 11:35 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Voight's a nutjob, he's pushed pretty much every crazy anti-Obama theory out there for a few years now.

Cycloptichorn

Obama could be purple, and his agenda is just a reorganization of who will be the fat cats in a country that he envisions. Relegated to the margins are the old line WASP fat cats, and "in" are the public sector job fat cats that include minorities that corporate America hired sparingly. It is not a redistribution of wealth, but a reorganization of power. The key is that the old societal criteria will count for little. It portents a balkanization of society, in my opinion.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 02:48 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Give me a break.

Your double standard is blatant and laughable.

Your going to make a big deal about what might only be an embellishment and may be true. Just because you find the story difficult to believe doesn't make it a lie you know.

Since you hold truth so sacred, I've no doubt you were quite disappointed when Debbie Wasserman Schultz lied to John Roberts and told him she had no idea what Bill Burton's political affiliation was.

And since you find lies about personal histories to be so significant how about the lies of President Obama?

His parents met at the demonstrations in Selma AL, according to The One, and Selma got him born. Truth is he was born four years before the March.

I can go on and on, but why bother?

He lies all of the time, but that's no big deal to you.

When you and CI and all the other's in this forum who declare everything out of the mouth of a Republican to be a lie, start criticizing Democrats for lying, I might start to believe you actually value the truth.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 02:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
"Literally?"

I don't think this word means what you think it does...or you are a sad partisan hack.

Hhhhmmmn?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 02:57 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Did Ryan form the commission and then ignore it's findings?

Obama did.

Did Obama ever say why he was he ignoring the commission's findings?

Obama wasn't called upon to vote yay or nay on the findings. He could have picked and chosen whatever aspects he liked. He ignored them.

Did he every explain why he couldn't endorse the findings with a vote?

Ryan did.

If you made a big deal about calling for a commission to study how A2K could work better and then ignored all it's findings, whether or not I agreed with those findings, my criticism of you for ignoring them would be justified.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Did Ryan form the commission and then ignore it's findings?

The Commission had no findings. They were unable to produce a consensus report, in large part because Ryan lead the vote against it.

Quote:
Did he every explain why he couldn't endorse the findings with a vote?

Ryan did.

Ryan lied about that too. The commission itself studied a variety of ways that Medicare could have been addressed; Ryan voted against all proposed plans to do so.

Quote:
If you made a big deal about calling for a commission to study how A2K could work better and then ignored all it's findings, whether or not I agreed with those findings, my criticism of you for ignoring them would be justified.

Your criticism would be a lot more justified if you had even the most basic facts of your argument correct. But, you don't, and neither does Ryan.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

"Literally?"

I don't think this word means what you think it does...or you are a sad partisan hack.

Hhhhmmmn?

Nope, his speech was a string of lies, one after another. It's getting destroyed today by the fact-checkers in the media.

Hey, man. Nobody expects you to be intellectually honest about any of this. You wouldn't admit the guy was lying, even if you knew for a fact he was. We get it. But it doesn't change the facts.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:13 pm
I will say that, if you don't know the facts well enough to know Ryan lied about pretty much everything he discussed, it was a well-delivered speech. However, it was a ratings flop - about 18 million less people watched this than Palin's speech last cycle.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:18 pm
@farmerman,
It does appear that Ryan may have been a bit cute with the facts, and led listeners to believe the plant was closed while Obama was president.

The fact that I haven't seen checked is whether or not Obama told would be voters that under his presidency it would stay open.

If he never said anything like this, than it would certainly seem that a serious break with the truth was committed.

The fact that George Bush's name can be evoked in the counter argument is substantively meaningless but convenient.

Ryan didn't consult me on his speech, but if he had I would have advised him to stick with undeniable facts, whether or not they had a Wisconsin connection. When the US taxpayers bailed out GM and the Obama Government took over it's management, thousands of people working for GM dealers lost their jobs. (Chances are pretty good that some lived in Wisconsin

This was probably necessary, but do we hear all the hacks droning on about Bain costing people jobs (and killing their wives) bemoan the cruel creative destruction of the Obama Administration?

We certainly don't hear them complaining about how it unilaterally rewrote bankruptcy law and first intimidated and then threw bond holders into the street in favor of their Union pals.

The point of the tale was that Obama made very grand promises to get elected; very few of which he kept.

No lie there.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:19 pm
@BillRM,
You know what they say about opinions and assholes...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:29 pm
@izzythepush,
When you want to see something you will.

Have you seen some of the delegates attending this convention? The folks with elephant hats and buttons attached to every inch of their body? If not, watch the DNC convention and you will find the same sort of characters (maybe not since the MSM wIll keep their cameras off of them). They are there though and anyone who tells you otherwise is flat out lying.

Most of them are harmless but with that many people in one place, it's not surprising that a few may actually be assholes.

Your's is a twisted and result oriented logic that concludes since they were there, they must be representative of the whole. You only make yourself look more foolish by dismissing the fact that they were immediately booted.

Yes, izzy,the GOP is such a sinister and dedicated racist group that they encourage racist acts and then wink wink nod nod throw the bums out so that they can maintain plausible deniability.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
So you maintain his speech was "literally" one lie after another?

Tell the truth now Cyclo
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Notice that Cyclo, so quick to respond to posts he thinks he can crush with his high intelligence, passed on this one.

Sometime silence speaks volumes.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

So you maintain his speech was "literally" one lie after another?

Tell the truth now Cyclo

Yes, it was. He did throw in a few interrogatives and adjectives, but it was just a string of lies and false assertions.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Notice that Cyclo, so quick to respond to posts he thinks he can crush with his high intelligence, passed on this one.

I hadn't even seen those two other posts - I was reading from the bottom up Laughing

I wonder if you are still of the opinion that Romney is somehow in the lead right now?

Cycloptichorn
snood

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 04:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I hadn't even seen those two other posts - I was reading from the bottom up Laughing

I wonder if you are still of the opinion that Romney is somehow in the lead right now?

Cycloptichorn

That's the delicious thing about all Finn's thrashing about. When all's said and done, he's still stuck with having to defend a sack 'o **** like Romney.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 04:47 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
And yet you still haven't responded, even now that you've seen it.

Oh Truth Warrior, I'm quite dismayed.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 04:52 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I suggest that you park your obsession with always being right and consult a dictionary on the the term.

Unless of course you think he was lying when he said his mother was his hero or that his father died when he was 16, or that he once had a job washing dishes or that he has AC/DC and Zepplin on his I-Pod or that he believes Obama is a failed leader, or where the deficit now stands or how many people are out of work or...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 05:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The thing is,you don't realise is how extreme your party is becoming. Nobody would dream of behaving like that at a Conservative conference, or even a UKIP one for that matter.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 05:17 pm
@snood,
Snood's classic sound & fury.

What the hell is this supposed to mean?

Not that I mind defending Romney but where in this thread have I done so?

Do you even think for 30 seconds before you post, or do you have duffle bag filled with idiotic insults that you reach for whenever you see a post from me?

Such an intellectual is our snood.

No creature of raw and irrational emotional, he can always be counted upon to eviscerate an opponent's argument with concise, yet profound prose:

"A sack' o **** like Romney" deserves a place of honor amongst sublime American rhetoric.

(Brilliant use of the apostrophe there snoodly)

A tip-o-the-hat to you Leftist Warrior!

revelette

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 05:20 pm
I can't count the times I read here on these threads about Obama using the teleprompter as though he invented it and was the only one in politics or government to ever use them.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Screen-shot-2012-08-30-at-4.35.34-PM.png