If you are in God's Image why are you denying it ?

Mon 27 Aug, 2012 01:36 pm

If you have faith in Christianity, then you are in God's own image.
Why then don't you act like a GOD and do some great things?
Where did you get all those poor excuses for NOT acting like a God?
If you have the potential to be GREAT, what is the problem?
Is your bad attitude and agnostic doubt or your own ability disabling you?

dalehileman

Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:35 pm
@TimeTravel ,
Quote:
That doesn’t seem to make sense.

Quote:
That’s what some say but can you lump ‘em all together like that

Quote:
Because I have limitations, just as She does

Quote:
I wasn’t aware I was suposed to

Quote:
Myself I blame my parents

Quote:
You might clarify. In the first place agnostic doubt isn’t necessarily allied to bad attitude while one wouldn’t suppose ability to be a limiting factor

Hello test

Fil Albuquerque

Mon 27 Aug, 2012 05:49 pm
@dalehileman,
I appreciate your patience to address stupid questions with clever amusing answers...it eases the pain off reading the posts of those creative minds, out of a compelling masochist curious need regarding the next dumbest thing ...
MMarciano

Mon 27 Aug, 2012 08:27 pm
@TimeTravel ,
Leviticus 20:9
If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.
Deuteronomy 22:20-1 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.
Exodus 35:2
For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

Who in their right mind would follow this crap!
Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 04:17 am
@MMarciano,
People like this fascist are the reason so many non-religious people see religion as a bad thing.

If you read his last post you'll see that his grip on reality is tenuous to say the very least.

He's just indulging in his own prejudices, his description of the penal system would be laughable were it not for the amount of idiots that actually believe it.

On another thread he claimed Stonehenge was built by the English. I'd love to take the credit, but we English didn't arrive on the shores of Britain until after the collapse of the Roman Empire, and Stonehenge was ancient even then.

Here's a picture of it anyway, it's a lot better than looking at that sad sack and his mail order bride.

http://www.solara.org.uk/userfiles/images/uk-stonehenge.jpg

When I was a kid we could climb over the stones, not any more though.
jcboy

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 06:34 am
@izzythepush,
I wonder how he feels about Gay Jews? Cool
CoastalRat

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 08:11 am
@TimeTravel ,
Quote:

I don't deny it. Why do you claim that I do?

Quote:
I am a Christian with faith in God and Jesus Christ. That is a bit different than having "faith in Christianity."

Quote:

Because I am not God. I am human and thus incapable of doing the things that God does. And yet, who says I have not done great things? Isn't the term great somewhat subjective? I think I have done great things. Would you like a list?

Quote:

Again, the only excuse is that I am human, not God. He did not create me to act like Him.

Quote:

You assume I am not GREAT. Even if I were not, why do you believe that is a problem? And again, the term great is rather subjective. What I believe makes me great, you may believe only makes me near-great, or even rather ordinary.

Quote:

Neither. I am who God made me to be. Nothing more, nothing less. I am an imperfect human making my way through this life in the same manner as you.

I'm not sure why I decided to answer your post since it does smack of being a bit disingenuous, but for what it is worth to you, there you go.
CoastalRat

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 08:13 am
@izzythepush,
Guess I should have read his last post before I responded. He seems a bit of a nut case. Oh well.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 10:04 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
I appreciate your patience to address stupid questions with clever amusing answers
Why thank you Fil, a little encouragement is appreciated in this procrustean cognitive contretemps of recrudescent dysphoria

Quote:
...it eases the pain off reading the posts of those creative minds,
I didn’t experience pain so much as confusion

Quote:
out of a compelling masochist curious need regarding the next dumbest thing ...
In my own case I have to confess it might be a kind of abject subconscious cruelty toward the intellectually disadvantaged
0 Replies

TimeTravel

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 10:21 am
@izzythepush,
izzy are you related to ozzy and ZZ Top? you don't have what it takes to be the Wizard of OZ. While I got my sarcasm genes from England, I think all the rum has damaged yours, so your cellular memory and historical record is a bit foggy. I love to be sarcastic, its called baiting. I like to hook suckers, and other trash fish, for sport. If I have any prejudices, they are English, based on truths. For example, as a mental health counselor I am very aware of the penal system; what is your background with the penal system. Do you think we should release child molesters based on crime statistics? People living on the British Isles, based on reports of the Roman historians, when the Romans arrived, are extensive. Take a trip to the library. As for me, I studied EVERY tribe mentioned by the Romans. You are not applying math to history and heredity. For example, are you aware that in only 333 years you had more than 65,000 direct ancestors; and any assumptions based on a tiny knowledge of your ancestors, does not support that you possibly came from any one Germanic invasion of England. Like everyone else, you are a mutt, a cross breed, Irish, English, Druid, Norwegian, Dane, German, Scottish, Welsh, French, etc. I mention you have 65,000 direct ancestors in 333 years, now date stonehenge and ALL cross channel migrations, and tell me how many ancestors you had who may have built Stonehenge? As far as I know England is a place, not a race, and quite clearly, the English have been screwing everyone.
TimeTravel

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 10:29 am
@jcboy,
jcboy, it is my observation gay Jews are a perfect solution to angry Islamic zealots, and if I was an Israeli commander, I would deploy them in Sodom.
TimeTravel

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 10:36 am
@CoastalRat,
Coastal Rat, yes I see some of your points. I was basically just scribbling down a poem to excite the trolls to attack me, for fun. They love to be kicked and prodded, so as they stand on their troll bridges, trolling, I might wake them up so they spin some improved riddles that I can solve, to avoid paying a toll. I am sure you have done some great things, but I wish I could kick you harder for training, so you will see that if you are created in God's image, it is okay to be extremely confident, and to admit you are God like. If the meek shall inherit the Earth, it is because arrogant people take the time to breed with them.
jcboy

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 10:47 am
@TimeTravel ,
Just as I thought, nutcracker Cool
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 10:54 am
@TimeTravel ,
Well, I can see this might be a fun exercise in futility, but here goes anyway.

Quote:
it is okay to be extremely confident

Of course it is okay to be extremely confident. I don't recall saying otherwise. Whether one believes in God or not, confidence is great to have. I'm sure there are millions of confident Christians and millions of confident non-Christians. And I am sure there are millions of Christians who have little confidence just as there are millions of non-Christians who have little confidence. So I am not sure why you would think I (or other Christians) have no confidence.

Quote:
and to admit you are God like.

Here we would disagree. I believe there is a distinct difference between being "God like" and being made in God's image. God like would imply attributes that I don't believe we humans have. Of course, it may well depend on what you think being "God like" involves. I do not put myself on an equal footing with God, and to me that is what I think of when you say "God like." You may have something else in mind that is more along what I think of as being simply made in God's image.
Joe Nation

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 11:05 am
A nutcracker, yeah, the worse kind, a ranter without the ability to write in paragraphs; I'm confused though, he gives no sense that he really is Jewish, yet he quotes long and hard from the Old Testament.

Joe(I wonder if he keeps Kosher?)Nation
TimeTravel

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:02 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe the original post had very little to do with the old testament, a Troll brought that up to point out what a ( Troll ), God was in the old testament. My original comment was aimed at Faithful Christians; obviously I was speaking to an audience who is mentioned in the Bible as being " Created in the image of God." Of course this drew a pack of rabid trolls, which was my plan, so they can fall in my tiger traps. Then I can cook them and eat them with BBQ Sauce. It was a Troll who was complaining about what a Troll God is, not me. If you are not a devout Christian I was not speaking to you. Go back to throwing rocks at passing cars.
0 Replies

TimeTravel

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:07 pm
@CoastalRat,
What if the non-coding genes and DNA we consist of is in fact the Y Chromosome of God, who only allows us certain abilities, so we shall not blow up the planet, or slaughter ourselves in more bloody wars than we are allowed per century? Just as a beginner in a forum is only allowed 20 posts per day, until proven civilized, what if you are a God, but that this is just a part of your training?
CoastalRat

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:34 pm
@TimeTravel ,
Quote:
what if you are a God

I am not a God and thus it is simply a foolish waste of time to play the "what-if" game. You are however free to do so if you wish.
0 Replies

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 03:05 pm
@TimeTravel ,
We are at the most critical crossroad I have ever witnesses in my years on Earth. For some reason Conservative Christians have become emboldened to say and do anything they wish without regard to others health, welfare, safety, happiness or freedom. They are buying lock, stock and barrel the concept that the Koch family's money can buy them an empire and they will rule it for all of eternity until God comes to take them home and reward them further in Heaven.

Christians have a neurologic brain structure that forbids them to deal effectively with things that are different than themselves or things that are ambiguous.