Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 07:56 pm
http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 37 • Views: 28,925 • Replies: 252

boomerang

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 08:08 pm
Errrr..... everything okay Montana, honey?
Montana

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 08:10 pm
@boomerang,
Yup, everythings fine Boomer Laughing
0 Replies

candide

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:09 pm
Hey! I have some of these sociopath traits.
Montana

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:11 pm
@candide,
Oh yeah? Would you like to talk about them Amigo?

Great to see ya Very Happy
candide

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:14 pm
@Montana,
No, to disturbing. But I do have empathy.
Montana

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:20 pm
@candide,
Empathy is good Very Happy

It's been a while Amigo. How ya been?
candide

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:30 pm
@Montana,
I can't complain. How about you?
Montana

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:45 pm
@candide,
I'm doin ok. Keeping busy and planning for the future.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 11:56 pm
The desire to take over the world is one of the traits. Now I susppect Obama!
Montana

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 12:01 am
@NickFun,
Na, I don't think so. Ya never know though. Most psychotic people look like normal every day people
Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 02:04 am
I didn't see any mention made of "employed in middle to senior level management".
Montana

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 02:07 am
@Mr Stillwater,
I know and I really think it should be there.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 02:12 am
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

Na, I don't think so. Ya never know though. Most psychotic people look like normal every day people

No they don't.

People in psychosis often look terrified, or highly agitated, or deeply withdrawn.
Montana

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 02:21 am
@dlowan,
Thank you for correcting me, Deb. I actually haven't known many personally, but most of the ones that I did know looked perfectly normal. You could only tell there were issues when they started talking.
My last ex was psychotic and he was terrified, agitated and deeply withdrawn.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 02:30 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

People in psychosis often look terrified, or highly agitated, or deeply withdrawn.

Uh oh.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 02:38 am
I started this thread because I was talking with someone earlier about sociopaths and it got thinking about the creep that assaulted me at work. I knew he was psychotic just by looking at him, but others at work didn't see it.
Even when they got to know him and it was right in front of them, they just couldn't see it.
Well, not everyone. My bosses saw it.

Anyway, I just started this thread as an awareness thing so people would know how to recognize the signs.

I think it would be great with your background if you could share some information here, Dlowan.
Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 06:24 am
@Montana,
Quote:
I started this thread because I was talking with someone earlier about sociopaths and it got thinking about the creep that assaulted me at work. I knew he was psychotic just by looking at him, but others at work didn't see it.

Anti-Social Personality Disorder is not a psychosis. It is a character disorder, and very difficult, if not impossible to treat. Many people with this disorder end up in prison, not psychiatric hospitals.

This disorder is not confined to the lower levels of society. There are people in professional positions who have this character flaw. I am not joking, but you will find these folks amongst some CEOs and politicians.

The company with which my husband was connected had a man who worked with the head honcho. Behind his back, everyone called him, "Oddjob". For those familiar with early James Bond movies, you will understand exactly what that moniker meant. He delighted in taking on the nasty jobs for the boss.

Without knowing him, I have a suspicion that Bernie Madoff belongs in the ranks of those people with anti-social personality disorders. To pull off a scheme like he did, showing no concern for those that he screwed royally, I think would qualify him for that select group of people.
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:47 am
@Phoenix32890,
Great observation re:Madoff, Phoenix.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:58 am
There's an important difference between psychotic and [/i]psychopathic[/i].

Psychotic means crazy. Out of touch with reality. Hallucinations, delusions, disorganized thinking.

Psychopathic means evil. Immoral, antisocial, no remorse, lying, cheating, narcissistic.

Psychopath and sociopath (the link provided by Montana) are often used interchangeably.