Armstrong to be Stripped of all 7 Titles

BillRM

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 03:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
likewise where is the right for the NCAA to pretend that over 100 Penn St games never happened?

You are right Hawkeye as the people who went out on the field for all those games and gotten themselves beaten up winning those titles have nothing to do with the bad acts of either the pedophile coach or those who cover up his bad acts so why the hell should their achievements be written out of history.
spendius

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 03:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
They have no right to strip Mr Armstrong of anything. He won the Tour de France fair and square. I watched most of the races on Eurosport. That's the best sport coverage I've ever seen.

And the University giving him the degree was only trying to suck some of his hard-earned substance for their own reasons. Have a ceremony, a banquet and their photographs in the paper standing next to the great man. Bollocks!!

What sort of a university is it that caves into public opinion? Following the mob. Cowed by a chorus of cantankerous counter-jumpers.

Universities were invented for the precise opposite reason.

A bunch of nancy swots with test-tubes and litmus paper getting their little noses into sport borders on the blasphemous.

And think of the scientific potential these substances might have for mankind when they have been refined and tested out under pressurised conditions on valiant human volunteers going beyond the end of their tethers for our entertainment.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 03:52 pm
@BillRM,
true but that is not my point. my point is that we humans no longer have honor, even as we go around telling delusional tales about how great we are. This is an example of mental illness.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 03:53 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
What sort of a university is it that caves into public opinion?

the Universities mostly died a long time ago...surely you are aware of this.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 03:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
"even as YOU go around telling delusional tales about how great YOU are. This is an example of YOUR mental illness. "

(fixed)
Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 03:57 pm
@spendius,
spendius, you would seem to be advocating cheating in professional sport...
spendius

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:10 pm
@Rockhead,
I don't consider it cheating. I knew that if you don't take it you don't win it long before it was called cheating.

As far as I'm concerned it was designated cheating in order to create jobs and make opportunities for expenses paid holidays in foreign countries. The idea that it was to save athletes from damaging their bodies is ridiculous. Take that seriously and sport is dead.

All the scientific research is now deflected onto beating the testers instead of improving the drugs in enhancing performance.

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:10 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

"even as YOU go around telling delusional tales about how great YOU are. This is an example of YOUR mental illness. "

(fixed)

find even one quote to support that theory...

I am Zen, as such I believe that that which is called "I" is an illusion. I have to interest in either building up or defending "I", it is ideas which I defend.
spendius

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
the Universities mostly died a long time ago...surely you are aware of this.

Yes I was. I read Veblen's The Higher Learning and it fitted exactly my own experiences. Higher education is a busted flush. It's in the export business trading on the fading prestige of what our universities once stood for.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:15 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I don't consider it cheating.

even if it was cheating I have a big problem with getting all raging preacher about this particular cheating....our entire society has embraced cheating, the theory that the ends justify the means, so cherry picking individuals to hammer for doing what is common and commonly tolerated is abuse.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:17 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned it was designated cheating in order to create jobs and make opportunities for expenses paid holidays in foreign countries.

I'm sorry. I missed out opportunities for exercising the indignation propensity.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
you are not nearly as intelligent as you think you are.

zen folks don't define other human beings as trash.

white, trailer, or otherwise.

you once told me that you were a much better man than I.

that told me all I ever needed to know about your sick twisted ego driven blathering...
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:35 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
zen folks don't define other human beings as trash.

white, trailer, or otherwise.

****, what was that, a year ago? why cant you move on? this says more about you than me. If it is poverty that bothers you be assured that it does not bother me. "white trash" is not about money, it is about gluttony and idiocy which RESULTS into poverty often. when I used the term to describe you I was referring to idiocy. you can at any time show that you are not, that there is some substance there somewhere.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
at what point did the "collective" ask you to speak for them?

you remind me of Jim Jones...
BillRM

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:43 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:

Now that is one hell of a reach to say the least..........
Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:44 pm
@BillRM,
I know.

Jones had some charisma...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:55 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

at what point did the "collective" ask you to speak for them?

confused as always...I speak only for me, views attributed to the collective are my readings of where the majority of my peers stand. as always you are free to disagree.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
yes, you seem confused as always.

just moments ago you stated that there was no I...

there is.

as in Idiot...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 10:46 am
@Rockhead,
Now, Lance Armstrong is being sued by the Sunday Times over a libel case.
Quote:
The Sunday Times is suing Lance Armstrong for up to £1m after he was given a life ban and stripped of his seven Tour de France titles for doping.
Armstrong, 41, was paid £300,000 to settle a libel case in 2004 after the newspaper alleged he had cheated.
[...]
The newspaper is demanding the return of the £300,000 settlement payment along with interest and legal costs.
Its letter to Armstrong's lawyers read: "It is clear that the proceedings were baseless and fraudulent. Your representations that you had never taken performance-enhancing drugs were deliberately false." [...]
Source
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 10:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
poetic justice