Armstrong to be Stripped of all 7 Titles

farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 09:55 am
Hes dead to me, the lying scum suckin bastard. My kid was in competition biking and always was one jot short of sponsorship. He once said to me that many of these guys were "juicing" I didnt believe it.

Lets just drop this entire sport its more like professional wrasslin
chai2

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 06:03 pm
@farmerman,
I haven't kept up, since he confessed, are they going to let him compete?

I'd like to see that happen, and see how well he does with no enhancement.

Then again, he'd probably use the excuse of getting older, lack of opportunity to really train, stress, etc.
spendius

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 06:18 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

It's not fm. You can't fake winning the Tour de France.

Cheating is embedded so deeply in top dollar sport that there is no possibility of getting rid of it. The doping agencies are cheating.

Choosing that fatty Oprah for his "confession" says it all.

She knows nothing about sport. She just grabbed the opportunity to be in the limelight parasiting on his legs.

There's nothing like cheap indignation to size a bloke up.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 07:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Dick Pound was just on talking about removing cycling from the Olympics.
BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 07:33 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
'd like to see that happen, and see how well he does with no enhancement.

He is too long in the tooth to compete on the tour however he wish to compete on iron man events.

In any way as the majority of the tours seems to had been cheating at the time he was competing on a fairly level field.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 07:38 pm
@ehBeth,
I want a name like DICK POUND. Its so me!
farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 07:43 pm
@farmerman,
sorry, Its my ADD.
Hes just smart enough to have s;ipped by the criminal Statute of Limitations but I hope the civil suits clean him out.

Hes gone from a heroic figure whose perservered and won against great odds and sickness--to a dirt bag antisocial creep whose brought a sport down

(Course nobody was awareded the top medals from the runners up and third placesr , since all these guys were juicing too)

Bikes are for messengers
farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 07:43 pm
@farmerman,
sorry, Its my ADD.
Hes just smart enough to have s;ipped by the criminal Statute of Limitations but I hope the civil suits clean him out.

Hes gone from a heroic figure whose perservered and won against great odds and sickness--to a dirt bag antisocial creep whose brought a sport down

(Course nobody was awareded the top medals from the runners up and third placesr , since all these guys were juicing too)

Bikes are for messengers
spendius

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 06:27 am
@farmerman,
You don't know how the system works fm. It's corrupt from top to bottom. Which is not only as it should be but inevitable.

You are just running your virtue number past folks who don't know how the system works.

You are up for getting to the bottom of the Big Bang to funnel taxpayer's dough to your mates and you can't get a handle on the Media/Entertainment/Money/ Nationalism/Sport nexus. And to do that all you need are your eyes.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 09:37 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

He also was the engine/driving force that ended up raising half a billion dollars for cancer researchs and treatments.

Somehow I do not think all of us together had done as must for the welfare of mankind as this cheater on a bike had done.
farmerman

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 09:49 am
@BillRM,
Another counter-your-point-with-a- Billfart
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 09:50 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Somehow I do not think all of us together had done as must for the welfare of mankind as this cheater on a bike had done.
Oh, well, ...
BillRM wrote:
... there might be hard feelings toward Armstrong as far as hard proof there is zero proof.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 12:10 pm
Do my yikkle down-fumbers fink these top guys play like they play snap?

Aaaaaaah!

They are the most ruthless, determined assholes that you could ever expect to come across.

Gentleman sport went out a long time ago. Nobody would watch it nowadays.

They are like bankers except they make their muscles scream both in training and in the events.

Don't forget the training. It goes on every day, all year long, and it is such as to make a compassionate man weep.

I bet Oprah can hardly waddle at 3 mph and what did she ever do except exploit human failings for cash?
spendius

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 12:13 pm
@spendius,
Cricket looks a soft, leisurely game to the unobservant eye. The top players take ice baths for half an hour after a day's play so they can walk the day after.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 02:15 pm
Armstrong says he wants to be reinstated. So the criminal wants a to have say in his own sentencing.

Maybe he should ask the competitors he cheated, who were competing clean and losing, while he got the plaudits, the publicity, the prizemoney, the fame, the adulation and the sponsorship deals.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 02:53 pm
@McTag,
Quote:
Maybe he should ask the competitors he cheated, who were competing clean and losing

who ran clean? did anyone run clean? there will now be no declared winner for multiple years because tour organizers can not figure out who to give the medals to.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 03:17 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Armstrong says he wants to be reinstated. So the criminal wants a to have say in his own sentencing.

Maybe he should ask the competitors he cheated, who were competing clean and losing, while he got the plaudits, the publicity, the prizemoney, the fame, the adulation and the sponsorship deals.

All of his competitors had also been caught cheating during those seven Tours de France save Joseba Beloki who most likely also cheated, but was never caught. He was implicated in the OperaciĆ³n Puerto doping scandal, but was cleared by the Spanish courts.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 03:41 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Dick Pound was just on talking about removing cycling from the Olympics.

In regard to the Olympic Cycling Road Race, doping isn't as effective in road racing, which are single stage events, as it is in stage racing, because tactics and a certain amount of luck tend to account for a great deal of the wins. The strongest don't always win those races; the most wily do. In regard to the other cycling disciplines in the Olympics, those games are the second most thoroughly tested sports in the world after professional cycling, and cheaters are constantly being caught and dealt with. The suggestion of removing the entire sport of cycling from the Olympics, especially when it doesn't even include a stage race, is a knee jerk response to the Armstrong scandal.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 03:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
The suggestion of removing the entire sport of cycling from the Olympics, especially when it doesn't even include a stage race, is a knee jerk response to the Armstrong scandal.

not so much kneejerk - Mr. Pound has been watching cycling for many years

(he seems particularly pissed off right now ... but he's spoken about it many times)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 04:23 pm
@InfraBlue,
They cheat in every big event one way or another. There's plenty of cheating on here as well. Like referring to Quantum mechanics to give a false impression that one is clued up on atomic particle dynamics.

Or wearing high heeled shoes to hide sagging buttock cellulite concentrations. And disguising wrinkles is a bad as giving a false age on an official form. Nay!! Worse. Hair dye is Cheating City.

They say that the more a person talks of their honesty the faster you should count the silver spoons. I will admit though that talking about honesty to people who are not familiar with the psychology of that nostrum can be quite impressive. It does, however, assume an uneducated audience.

"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" John 8: 7.
0 Replies