Civil War, in Texas ?

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 02:25 pm
May not be out of the realm of possibility.
From the Washington Post.

Sounds like treason to me.

Taking up arms in Texas
By James McAuley
Lubbock, Tex., has never liked liberals. Now, however, it looks as if the city’s getting ready to declare war on them.

On Tuesday, Tom Head, a Lubbock County judge, announced in an interview with TV station Fox34 that taxes need to be raised to strengthen local law enforcement in the event that President Obama is reelected.

Here is Mr. Head’s prediction of what will happen if the president is granted a second term: President Obama will attempt to cede sovereignty of the United States to the United Nations, and the people of Lubbock County will thus be called to arms.

“He’s gonna send in U.N. troops,” Mr. Head said of the president. “I don’t want ’em in Lubbock County. So I’m gonna stand in front of their armored personnel carriers and say, ‘You’re not comin’ in here.’ ”

“I’m thinking worst-case scenario now,” he continued. “Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war, maybe. And we’re not talking just a few riots here and demonstrations, we’re talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy.” (emphasis mine)

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 02:32 pm
@IRFRANK,
If a majority of Texans ever vote to secede from the Union, I will speak forcefully for allowing them to go. Enough is enough from them...and the pathetic people they chose to lead. The rallying cry from America if the secessionists in Texas ever prevail should be: Get the **** out and good ******* riddance.
chai2

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 02:38 pm
@Frank Apisa,
um....can Austin stay in the Union?

It's liberal here.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 02:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Tell us how you really feel.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 02:40 pm
@chai2,
Be like the Berlin Airlift all over again!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 02:42 pm
@chai2,
I want all of Texas to stay in the union. I know many Texans...and the ones I know are decent, reasonable people. Fact is, I know many reasonable, decent conservative individuals from all over the country...and many I love dearly.

But the threats of secession really are starting to bug me...both from Texas and Alaska. Kinda reminds me of someone constantly threatening suicide. Far as I am concerned...threaten suicide often and the best way to deal with it is to give the person a loaded gun.

The best way to deal with the threats of Texas and Alaska is ask them to put it to a vote...and be rid of 'em if the majority really wants to go.

(Christ, I hope it never comes even close to that.)
djjd62

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 02:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
here in Canada we have the never ending threat of Quebec separation, a number of years ago they voted to separate and the vote was 51% no, if they ever try again and get a majority of yes votes, i too say let them go, but with a condition, the land stays in Canada, the citizens of Quebec who wish to separate from Canada, would have their citizenship revoked and be given 24 hours to leave the country
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:02 pm
@IRFRANK,
Lemme get this straight... Local law enforcement is going to stop military forces.

Am I reading that right?
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The problem I have with it that it says they think the country is so screwed up the want to leave. Well go. Whatever happened to 'love it or leave it' ? Same people.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:57 pm
@DrewDad,
I think so. That's why I said treason
RABEL222

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 09:54 pm
@IRFRANK,
Treason=stupidity=conservative
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:18 am
This brings up another discussion I've seen. Maybe the USA is too big. Should it be divided up into smaller separate countries? I've seen a map with 7 different countries, new england, west, nw, se, mid west, Texarkana, etc. then there wouldn't be so much fighting? Why not. Kind of like europe. What would it be like if England and France were in the same federal system?

Of course if this happens let me know. I'm leaving south Carolina.
dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:30 am
@IRFRANK,
This judge is actually someone who has managed to achieve a law degree?

DrewDad

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:33 am
@dlowan,
I think ehbeth was on to something when she said this guy's found a way to make tax increases palatable to tea baggers.
Eva

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 09:55 am
@DrewDad,
That was me. Laughing
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 10:30 am
@DrewDad,
He said he was going to call out the militia. You know, the one mentioned in the Second Amendment but never referred to by the gun nuts who want their guns but who don't want the Second Amendment connected to any 'duty to perform' on their part.

So, yeah, it's going to be this judge, a bunch of the boys from over at the feedlot and that cowboy who joined the Army a couple years back but decided it wasn't American enough for him right after he was thrown out for
trying to form "a special unit of White Men" and twice for being drunk.

They've got TJ's 50 caliper rifle but he's only used it to shoot junk cars from 600 yards away. He's out of ammo for it and will have to go to his uncle's over in Muleshoe to get more and he can't do that until Thursday next, when he gets the windshield put back in his Ford 150.

Joe(they're a'ready.)Nation

DrewDad

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 10:31 am
@Eva,
Oops.

Must be some Lubbock stuck on my shoe....
DrewDad

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 10:34 am
@Joe Nation,
Well, the Army ain't a-gonna find 'em anyways, 'cause they're a-gonna be looking for Mull-ess-hoe instead of Mule-shoe.

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 10:34 am
@DrewDad,
That is how you find Texas without a map.

You drive West out of Arkansas until you smell the cowshit.
That's Oklahoma.
Turn left and drive until, when you get out at the rest stop,
you step in the cowshit.

You're in Texas.

Joe(have a Lone Star Beer)Nation
roger

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 12:19 pm
@Joe Nation,
Been there, done that. Guy wanders out of the bar, looks at my license plate, jerks his thumb to the west ans says "Hey Okie. California is thataway."
0 Replies