osso's tune up - good news

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 08:44 pm
I can't find the osso's eyes 2 topic, get 6000's posts when I search, hah, so I beg your pardon for starting a whole new thread about m'damn left eye.

Have a tune up surgery tomorrow. Short, and I hope sweet, but some risk, gulp.

I have a cat's eye pupil, which, however fetching in concept, lets in a lot of glare and is possibly part of the reason I don't focus very well with leftie. I'll spare you the details, or maybe not:

The surgery is local, as in my town, and local, as in I get to watch again. (Whatever the various problems I've had, I really enjoyed the view During Surgery the first time, that beat all movies. Short, as in a few minutes. Risky, well, the new lens could plunge on back as my original one did. I could wait for delivery of some special thingy, but time passing makes the whole thing more problematic (iris could tear, yadayada, deepshit in this particular situation re holding the lens) So we're going for it.

I must say, I am curious how this will turn out.

I have learned that people can still drive with one eye disabled... CI has a legally blind eye, and so do several people who have spoken up after I have gone on and on about this, in real life. My left is legally blind right this minute, in California - it can do 20/60 but not the 20/40, with correction, that it takes to pass the driver's test (by itself it is 20/200).

I am not posting this to elicit a whole bunch of posts back, am doing it as some sort of personal marker. I know already that the a2k community wishes me the best, and I'll post back when I know more.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,961 • Replies: 63
No top replies

Eva

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 09:07 pm
Okay, but I'm still wishing you the best anyway. Wink
Thanks for keeping us posted.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 09:22 pm
Me too, good wishing that is.....

{{{{{OSSO}}}}}
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 10:04 pm
I am looking forward to your seeing us in San Fran in 6 weeks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 10:07 pm
Me too, me too. (winking...)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 10:15 pm
Good wishes!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 11:52 pm
Osso
Osso, we are both having eye surgery on the same day; my right eye now that the left eye is healing well.

I hope all goes well for you and that the resulting correction will restore your good vision.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 12:02 am
Hugs, bbb, and I just noticed you hope to make it to the a2k gathering in San Francisco.. lovely!
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 03:32 am
Good luck osso!

My Mom lost her left eye in a car accident many years ago. Her perception of depth is gone but she can still parallel park better than me!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 04:30 am
Osso- Good luck!!! I was in the same situation as you a few month's back.......used to drive with one eye closed. Had the surgery, which took the eye about 3 months to settle down. I just ordered new glasses, and they are able to get the eye to 20/30.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 06:37 am
Oss0 and BBB--

Good luck to you both. Hold your dominions.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 06:48 am
osso and BBB, im sending all kinds of best wishes and, you guys just be positive.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 05:44 pm
Just back home after surgery, happy girl. First of all, the risky stuff didn't happen, and it was yet another neato light show, though short. The iris closed where it should. Can't tell about the vision yet, but it seems better by the minute - that'll become more apparent over the next 24 hours.

Smiles...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 05:56 pm
Smiles!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 07:12 pm
Smile Smile Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 07:36 pm
Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 07:40 pm
wonderful, Osso. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 07:43 pm
Very Happy Great mews. osso! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 07:56 pm
I have my dominion under strict lassooing right now, looking to tether it. (Pacco!! Get over here this minute!!)

It's funny how one's perspective changes. Now I am just exhilarated that I didn't have any more retinal or pressure complications (knocking on wood of course, lining up chickens, but the key danger time is past.)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 08:00 pm
I'm so happy for you, Osso! Very Happy
0 Replies