osso's tune up - good news

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 10:28 pm
ehBeth, thank you for the family comment, it's solidifying. I think of you as family too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 10:45 pm
JL,

Diane and I are online/have-met friends with a woman of our approximate age who is just now finishing a doctorate about persian area pottery (correct me to better explain, diane) and she has had more than one surgery on one shoulder, three, I think, and now the shoulder is getting much better. Whether or not her particular travail is worth going through yourself, now, at this time, well, there is the question. Yours might not mirror hers, all of us having different bodies. The disruption, the potential joy.

Hard to pick, since the potential joy is great.
Or maybe the joy is in the apprehension of it.

okay, bye.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 11:01 pm
truth
Thanks for the information about your friend, Osso. I only now read your post. I think I will just leave my shoulder alone. The doctor suggested that if it were his shoulder that's what he'd do. We'll see. I can still play the fiddle and who knows, with acupuncture and anti-inflamatory drugs, I may be able to play a bit for some time. Right now, my consolation is painting. If my right arm became completely disabled, my painting may improve. THanks for thinking of me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 12:15 am
Thanks for thinking of you? Huh, I and others care about you. I am glad about the summary, what you are saying re dealing with your shoulder makes sense.

I have some good news, so late that I reacted with surprise.
My eye was actually better this morning. Ok, then, signing up for the third new glasses lens (a trifocal executive) in about three weeks.... but who could complain when it is improving when I had been dealing with the likelihood of it not, my progress possibly being stunted because of the eye's role as 'weak sister' (those being my words).

So, I am very happy and in the middle, right now, of not trusting being happy (heh). Seems that I could actually see better this a.m. Ooooooooooooh, boy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 12:28 am
I guess I should explain... it is hard to make decisions on what is fuzzy and less fuzzy... when all is sort of fuzzy. Not as easy as one would guess not going through the choices.
Even now, I have to wait a bit, for This, or This, number 3? or number 4? as my focus changes over a few seconds..

I count on the fact that they must have error check within all that testing...

But there is also a machine which measures various points of interest in the eye, and THAT doesn't rely on judgement.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 12:46 am
JLN. I had wondered if you could still play the violin. It would be very sad to lose that after all these years. I know painting is another true love, but playing music is such an involving, incompassing, complete art that it would be sorely missed. Sorely being the definitive word, I guess.

Osso, even regular eye tests seem to be somewhat tentative, as sight can change from morning to night. I wonder if they go for a happy medium?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 12:58 am
Well, they (actually, he) tests extensively and there are checks and counter checks within each round. My leap this morning was from 20/60 to 20/30, really good, several levels of change, and really a surprise. Last week I was being counselled, ever so faintly, on my vision being possibly as far as we could get.

Today, m'doc was visibly pleased.

As to happy medium, my key zoning in is to the DMV eye test. Things look good now, though I can imagine still failing it, but then, I would try again, as the surgeon says I pass.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 01:11 am
Wow--20/30 is amazing and well within the range for the driving test! Hooray!!

Have you looked online for Volvo seat belts? It's a good idea as there are so many automobile parts available that you shouldn't have to pay retail for anything. Bob and I are already looking into props for "short" drivers. (Jo knows what I'm talking about, hee, hee.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 01:39 am
Ah, I don't trust the 20/30, might have been a good moment, but I only need 20/40. Well, we'll see. I am a little perplexed on my inability to choose between similar fuzzinesses (astigmatism comes into it..) but hey, you do what you can do.

Whate'er might be overreaching, it is at least, BETTER.
I'm only six days away from surgery 3, so this seems like good news...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 09:37 am
Osso
Osso, my doctor told me that it takes at least one month after surgery for the eye to settle in to a "semi" permanent eye vision reading. Which is why they wait to test for new glasses prescriptions.

In my own case, I've had different test results only a week apart during the sight flexibility period.

I had a scare last night as I was preparing my dinner. I had used a little pepper oil in a frying pan in which to cook pork chops. I was turning the chops when some hot oil splattered directly into my right eye, which was only one week old from new surgery, and I was not wearing my protective glasses. My eye ball really hurt from the burn. I immediately put some of the white drops we use following surgery into the eye followed by another within a few minutes. It took a few hours, but the eye seems to be ok. This morning I seem to have no ill effect from the burn---but it was scary to have that happen so soon after surgery.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 09:49 am
Hi, all. I've been meaning to stop in before now, but, with my own health problems, just didn't take the time. Glad you all are hanging in there and at least getting some better.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 12:33 pm
Hi, Edgar, I am sorry to hear you have health stuff going on too.

And BBB, sheesh, what a scare!

On my vision, it's almost two months since the lens was put in place in surgery 1, and the second emergency surgery was two days after that. Then the vision had settled into testing the same for quite a while, so I'm super pleased with this change.. some tweak in surgery 3 must have worked.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 02:53 pm
truth
Sheesh is right.
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 03:15 pm
ossobuco;
I just read of your eye problem. OssoI wish only the best for you .
Joe H.
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 03:30 pm
Diane;

You think that things dont work well when you are on the wrong side of 60...Wait my friend until you get on the the wrong side of 80, hell just to be able to greet the morning,s sun is a joy.

Joe Harris
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 03:59 pm
that's great news about your eye osso - I hope the improvement continues Very Happy and the driving test goes well
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 02:45 pm
Great news, I passed the California Driver's License vision test. Whewie. Just got the latest new lens on Wednesday, and yesterday(Friday) was my last day on the renewal extension.

Girl is happy.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 02:53 pm
Congratulations!

I knew you could do it.

edgar, is there a thread somewhere that I have missed that updates us on your situation? Or would you, if there isn't?
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:11 pm
ossobuco;

Girl is happy...Old man happy too.

Joe Harris
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:17 pm
Osso
Osso, EVERYONE is happy at your good news.

BBB
0 Replies