Help Wanted

sozobe

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 04:23 pm
@MMarciano,
Seriously?
MMarciano

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 04:33 pm
@sozobe,
Yep, the puppy is deaf, he’s learing hand signals and he feels the vibration when you stomp your foot on the floor, that’s how we get his attention.

Antonio has been learing different techniques on how to train him. It was a little difficult at first but the puppy is catching on quickly and doing quite well. We found Paco, someone had abandoned him, we later found out from the Vet he was deaf.
sozobe

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 05:18 pm
@MMarciano,
Very cool! I've known a lot of deaf dogs, the signing works well.
jcboy

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 05:40 pm
@JPB,
Thank you, I just may have to give this guy a call!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 05:42 pm
@sozobe,
Soz, he’s a sweet little dog! When Antonio wants to let Paco outside, he stomps his foot then points to the door, Paco goes running for it. He’s one smart little pup.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 06:18 am
@dlowan,
glad I could help with your new business venture --- enjoy!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 06:19 am
@chai2,
yeah I should have realized who I was directing this too ---- <kneels> your highness of all the shorties.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 06:25 am
@Linkat,
We have an alley in the back and we actually have 8 feet between the fence and the alley. At first I wanted to move the fence back but I never did. It’s a grassy area and I mow it every week. I always have to clean up the mess from others people dogs. Some people walk their dogs down the alley so they don’t have to pick up after them. Irritates me.
Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 06:37 am
@jcboy,
People's laziness always amazes me. I used to live in condo complex that was after a business park. The business park was quite nice and lots of people would run, walk and of course walk their dogs in it. So of course there were many lazies not cleaning up after their pets.

One early evening driving home, I saw a dog running along on the sidewalk unleashed and a car driving slowly next to it. I just experienced the height of laziness - not only being too lazy to bend over and scoop up the poop, this individual was too lazy to even get out of the car and walk the poor thing.

The day I was a blind man bending over to clean up after his seeing eye dog, was the day I realized there is no excuse for these lazies not to clean up after their dog.
Krumple

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 06:54 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

One dog poop picker upper. Must be at least 18 years old with reliable transportation and no criminal record, non-smoker, no drugs.

No experience necessary, will train the right person. Salary negotiable. Bilingual a plus.

I bet five hundred people showed up for the interview.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 10:33 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

People's laziness always amazes me. I used to live in condo complex that was after a business park. The business park was quite nice and lots of people would run, walk and of course walk their dogs in it. So of course there were many lazies not cleaning up after their pets.

One early evening driving home, I saw a dog running along on the sidewalk unleashed and a car driving slowly next to it. I just experienced the height of laziness - not only being too lazy to bend over and scoop up the poop, this individual was too lazy to even get out of the car and walk the poor thing.

The day I was a blind man bending over to clean up after his seeing eye dog, was the day I realized there is no excuse for these lazies not to clean up after their dog.

Austin has an ordinance to clean up after your dog.
Everyone is pretty self policing about it. I think if someone didn't, they'd be chased by a mob carrying pitchforks and torches.
jcboy

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 10:51 am
@chai2,
That’s how it was in my condo complex in CA. If you were seen by one of the board members not picking up after your dog the HOA would fine you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 10:51 am
Time for me to bring up a photo of mine of a sign posted by someone in a neighborhood in Florence, Italy, along with my painstaking and rough translation - I loved the sign. So articulate!

http://able2know.org/topic/121955-46#post-4421186
jcboy

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 10:53 am
@ossobuco,
I remember when I was in Nice, France, there was painting of dogs on the sidewalk, that’s where they wanted you to take your dogs to do their business.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 11:00 am
@jcboy,
Hypothetical dog walker: Damn! My dog can't go over there by that Picasso print of a dog! He hates cubist paintings! He's more of a German Expressionist pooch. Which block is that Egon Schiele dog painting again?!
jcboy

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 11:04 am
@tsarstepan,
The dogs in France must all be art critics lol.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 11:18 am
@chai2,
yeah we have one where I am now and where I lived before - but people don't follow it.

We had one at the condo assoc I lived at before - but some people would not pick up if they thought no one saw them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 11:29 am
@tsarstepan,
My male dog doesn't like the German poet Schiller.
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 02:36 pm
@jcboy,
What about the turtles? does it pay more for cleaning up turtle crap?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 02:45 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
So, here's Sally ---- one of my business partner's turtles, a rescue. Well, someone brought her this turtle that could not open her mouth.. she did some clipping.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/ossobuco/turtles007.jpg