Help Wanted

jcboy

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 04:57 pm
One dog poop picker upper. Must be at least 18 years old with reliable transportation and no criminal record, non-smoker, no drugs.

No experience necessary, will train the right person. Salary negotiable. Bilingual a plus.

roger

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 05:55 pm
@jcboy,
Woof!

Meow.

I got the bilingual nailed; what's the pay?
MMarciano

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 05:58 pm
@roger,
He's the one who wanted three dogs lol.

Our neighbor takes care of them but it's not his job to clean up after them. One of them is 100lbs, you still want the job?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 06:03 pm
@roger,
Don't laugh, I've heard of people having businesses doing this, and they make a living.

Here's one in Austin called Doody Calls.

http://www.scoopthepoopaustin.com/

They start at $10 per week for dogs. Cleaning cats litter boxes start at $14 per week for the first box, 50% off for the 2nd....they supply the litter

They also do community pet waste management.

edit: Thinking about it, I guess after you get over the initial eww of picking up poop it's not that horrible.

You have the proper tools so you don't have to bend over, face mask, gloves, proper disposal method and it's another job.

MMarciano

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 06:14 pm
@chai2,
You know if you hadn't posted that I never would have known there was such a business! Thanks!

Antonio takes care of Paco but its Morgan's job to take care of the other two.
chai2

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 07:28 pm
@MMarciano,
MMarciano wrote:

You know if you hadn't posted that I never would have known there was such a business! Thanks!

You're welcome.

I remember the first time I heard of places to take your dog (not a groomer, a DYI place) to get a bath, I didn't get it.

I've seen a couple, maybe a few in my travels around Austin, and I realized it makes sense for a lot of people, especially I guess those with large pets. You get the tubs you can stand at, proper hoses, no cleanup, etc. If you're an apartment/condo dweller it would make the job much easier.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 07:53 pm
http://pooperguy.com/

Says he's in your area...
chai2

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 07:57 pm
@JPB,
Dog crap is big business.
0 Replies

Keith424

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 11:16 am
Bilingual? What language do the dogs speak?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 12:00 pm
@Keith424,
Wag and Grrrr
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 12:10 pm
@jcboy,
I worked for 7 and half years as a professional dog poop picker upper here in Manhattan. Really! But I don't have reliable transportation to commute on a daily basis from NYC to Florida. Nor am I at all bilingual. How stacked will your benefits package be? And are you willing to accept $100,000 as my salary?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 12:12 pm
@MMarciano,
MMarciano wrote:

How can Antonio distinguish (other then directly spying the dog do the number 2) which dog made which poo?
Linkat

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 02:09 pm
@chai2,
I've seen these trucks - this is for people that are so damn lazy, they won't clean up after their own pets. I guess I should be happy - I know some people who just plain old let their dogs poop all over their yard and leave it there.

Next thing you know these lazy people are going to pay some one to wipe their butts.
chai2

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 02:24 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat, what's the difference between this and paying someone to clean your home, including your bathrooms?
Linkat

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 02:29 pm
@chai2,
Its gross - it would be like not flushing your toliet and leaving it to the cleaning person to pick up. Or to poop where ever the moment hits you any where in the house until the cleaning person would come to clean it up.

The thing that would bother me personally is that - it means you must leave your yard with a bunch of poop in it until the doody calls guy comes by. We have the dog go out and do his business and I immediately go and pick it up. I can't stand to leave poop around to either smell or accidently step in. Just plain old gross.
dlowan

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 03:39 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I've seen these trucks - this is for people that are so damn lazy, they won't clean up after their own pets. I guess I should be happy - I know some people who just plain old let their dogs poop all over their yard and leave it there.

Next thing you know these lazy people are going to pay some one to wipe their butts.

Eureka! I got better things to do than wipe my bum!
chai2

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 03:53 pm
@Linkat,
Wait....you wipe your own bum?

chai2

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 03:58 pm
@chai2,
You flush your toilet?
MMarciano

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 04:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
Paco is still a puppy, plus we devided the backyard, Antonio's dog stays in his own yard.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 04:19 pm
@Keith424,
The little dog speaks American sign language.