QUESTION:: WHY DOES THE MIDDLE CLASS VOTE AGAINST ITS INTERESTS?

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 10:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
Because he does do the ;lies and fraud stuff, hes not dumb, hes agendaizing at our expense.

oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 12:45 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Oh.. All the felonies? You mean the big ZERO that came out of his investigation?

Wrong. He discovered a large number of felonies that Bill Clinton had committed while president.

It was only a big zero because Democrats by and large are unethical cretins who feel they are above the law.

parados wrote:
FACT... There were ZERO felonies charged by Starr in the Monica Lewinsky case.

If you mean charged in court, then yes.

But he did pass it all on to Congress.

parados wrote:
Meanwhile Starr may have broken laws by leaking information during the investigation. Of course there were no charges brought in that allegation either.
http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1999/Source-Starr-Appeals-Leaks-Ruling/id-67d59b58436822c2c4b3aa703ec5ffdb

Starr didn't leak any information. The leaks came from Clinton himself (or someone acting under Clinton's instructions).
oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 12:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I just have to conclude about now

That's your first mistake. You're a retard. Leave the conclusions to us non-retards.

cicerone imposter wrote:
that oralloy is about the most ignorant a2ker

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own ignorance.

cicerone imposter wrote:
who continues to repeat falsehoods, lies, and just plain idiocy.

Nope. I make a point of only repeating the truth.

The only time I repeat idiocy is when I reply to a retard like you, and I quote what the retard says above my reply.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 12:58 pm
@oralloy,
Your posts make an interesting point about the current state of American Conservatism. Not attractive, but interesting in an entomological study kind of way.

http://blog.rom.on.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ROM2011_12218_rev.jpg
oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 01:43 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Your posts make an interesting point about the current state of American Conservatism. Not attractive, but interesting in an entomological study kind of way.

http://blog.rom.on.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ROM2011_12218_rev.jpg

Perhaps by observing what it is like for me to be ethical and to always tell the truth, the Left can become better human beings.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 01:50 pm
@oralloy,
Name one felony that Clinton should be put into prison for? Use credible sources, not FOX News or any right wing trash sheet.
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 02:22 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Perhaps by observing what it is like for me to be ethical and to always tell the truth,
do you still have feelings of Godlike inerrancy?
That could be the booze talking
parados

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 02:33 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Wrong. He discovered a large number of felonies that Bill Clinton had committed while president.

It was only a big zero because Democrats by and large are unethical cretins who feel they are above the law.

You mean Starr failed to indict Clinton because of the Democrats? And then you want to argue Starr was ethical? You make it sound like he gave in to political pressure in not charging felonies. Wouldn't that be illegal?

Starr didn't indict anyone for the crimes you allege. The House couldn't even make a case for crimes that the majority of the country believed credible, let alone the Senate. The Senate didn't even come close to a conviction.

If someone told you that a President was impeached:
the impeachment was along party lines,
the vote to convict was on party lines,
the public opinion overwhelming believed that there wasn't a crime committed and the impeachment was political.
What would logic tell you was the most likely conclusion based on that? That the President was guilty of a crime? Or that the crime probably didn't exist and certainly wasn't proved to any reasonable person?
DrewDad

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:03 pm
@parados,
When you argue with a cuckoo clock, all you're going to get in response is "Cuckoo!"
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:10 pm
@DrewDad,
You insult the cuckoo clock! At least they're on time. There's nothing accurate about oralloy; nothing.
oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:22 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Because he does do the ;lies and fraud stuff, hes not dumb, hes agendaizing at our expense.

Now wait a minute.

First, even IF one of my facts are wrong (and that's a pretty big if), it will be an error, not deliberate deception.

And second, it is very unlikely that any of my facts are wrong.

And there is no agendaizing. I was only answering your question about why someone might vote for Republicans.

It is everyone else here who seems to insist on rehashing the 1990s.

So far as I'm concerned, having Bush in the White House for 8 years healed the country, and the abuses of the Clinton years are well past us.
oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Name one felony that Clinton should be put into prison for? Use credible sources, not FOX News or any right wing trash sheet.

a) I've already named more than one (though I don't think I listed them all).

b) I've already stated that I do not share your strange desire to rehash the 1990s.

c) I've also stated my lack of any intention to have a conversation with you.

Now put me back on ignore and crawl back under whatever rock you've crawled out from under.
oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:24 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
do you still have feelings of Godlike inerrancy?

I have never had such feelings.

That said, I am seldom wrong. And I do find that people who like to claim I'm wrong can seldom point out any actual errors in what I say.

farmerman wrote:
That could be the booze talking

I hardly ever drink. Only about once or twice a year at the most. And even then never to excess.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:25 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
You mean Starr failed to indict Clinton because of the Democrats?

No. Stop deliberately misinterpreting me. It's tiresome.

parados wrote:
The House couldn't even make a case for crimes that the majority of the country believed credible, let alone the Senate. The Senate didn't even come close to a conviction.

They made a good case. Democrats by and large just feel they are above the law.

parados wrote:
If someone told you that a President was impeached:
the impeachment was along party lines,
the vote to convict was on party lines,
the public opinion overwhelming believed that there wasn't a crime committed and the impeachment was political.
What would logic tell you was the most likely conclusion based on that? That the President was guilty of a crime? Or that the crime probably didn't exist and certainly wasn't proved to any reasonable person?

The limited parameters you provided are not enough for an accurate conclusion.

Another important point of data: There were a number of serious crimes that were conclusively proven.

Taking into account that part too, the conclusion is: Democrats by and large are unethical people who think they are above the law.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:26 pm
@oralloy,
"So far as I'm concerned, having Bush in the White House for 8 years healed the country, and the abuses of the Clinton years are well past us."

are you aware of the giant economic collapse that happened at the end of our 8 years of bush and cheney/satan?

Rolling Eyes
oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:26 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
When you argue with a cuckoo clock, all you're going to get in response is "Cuckoo!"

You engage in name-calling because you are too stupid to come up with an intelligent response.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
There's nothing accurate about oralloy; nothing.

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own inaccuracy.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:30 pm
@oralloy,
how do you determine who is trash?

what a fine example you provide of the ultimate tea party clown...
oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:32 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
are you aware of the giant economic collapse that happened at the end of our 8 years of bush and cheney/satan?

Rolling Eyes

Yes.

Thanks for changing the subject from the 1990s. I was really not all that interested, even though everyone else seemed to be.

What about it?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:47 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
how do you determine who is trash?

That's a good question. I usually base it on how much they spew name-calling at me. It is my way of being offensive to people who are being offensive to me.

But stupidity is likely a component in the decision too. If someone intelligent were engaging in name-calling, I probably would not refer to them as trash.

Rockhead wrote:
what a fine example you provide of the ultimate tea party clown...

You are in error. I am a Blue Dog. The Tea Party is a faction of the Republican Party.

I have major disagreements with the Tea Party on policy issues.

(But I do not share the left's desire to portray them as buffoons. Even where they disagree with me, they are still people with a legitimate viewpoint.)
0 Replies