QUESTION:: WHY DOES THE MIDDLE CLASS VOTE AGAINST ITS INTERESTS?

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:25 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
So.. you are arguing that WMDs can be something that is completely harmless.
That makes a LOT of sense.

Degraded nerve gas shells are extremely deadly.

oh.. you are forgetting that the majority of them were probably mustard gas.

Degraded mustard gas shells are extremely deadly.

parados wrote:
Oh well.. let's move the goal posts again.

But then, we should take your guess over those that were actually on the ground?

What guess? And what goal posts?
parados

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:30 pm
@oralloy,
So the problem is you've been handling degraded sarin and mustard?
parados

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:34 pm
@oralloy,
Perhaps you should listen to that liberal Cato Institute
http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/no-intelligence-still
Quote:
The president was judicious to downplay this nonstory about finding a few hundred heavy artillery shells filled with pre-1991 sulfur mustard. To have done otherwise could have proved very embarrassing. His conservative critics would likewise be wise to drop it.
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:41 pm
Im not aware of any binary compounds that pack a mustard gas and anerve agent in the same shell. Itd be kinda stupid really. VX and GB have aerial effect in a matter of seconds to minutes while mustard takes up to a few hours.
I believe that mustards and nerve agents would be antagonists.

Saddam used mustard against theKurds and Iran so finding a cache of old mustard gaS SHELLS wasnt a stash of usable "WMD's" (only the GOP needed to find something so that probably why oralloy is insisting on things that just arent factual.
oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:44 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
So the problem is you've been handling degraded sarin and mustard?

I have never handled chemical weapons in any form or condition.

And I'm not aware of any particular problem.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:44 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Perhaps you should listen to that liberal Cato Institute
http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/no-intelligence-still

No thanks. Their attempt to minimize mustard gas is silly.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:49 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Im not aware of any binary compounds that pack a mustard gas and anerve agent in the same shell. Itd be kinda stupid really.

Not in the same shell. The same stash held both kinds of shells.

farmerman wrote:
Saddam used mustard against theKurds and Iran so finding a cache of old mustard gaS SHELLS wasnt a stash of usable "WMD's" (only the GOP needed to find something so that probably why oralloy is insisting on things that just arent factual.

What is not factual? It is a fact that they found 500 chemical shells stashed in the desert.

I don't see why the GOP would have needed to find anything. I am insisting that we found those 500 shells, because we found those 500 shells.
JTT

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:59 pm
@farmerman,
Has anyone noted just how far off topic y'all are?

But you've all used the same ploy when you wanted to avoid uncomfortable truths.
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 07:12 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Not in the same shell. The same stash held both kinds of shells
sigh of great incredulity. UNSCOM and Scott Ritter's outfit reportedly found NO nerve agents.
I was quick to accept te initial analyses that WMD's were all over and we were therefore justified to invade Iraq. I later stated here on A2K that we were SCAMMED and no WMD's were found save some old tanks and buried mustard and acid mustard and Lewisite (I velieve it was Lewiste)

NO GB or VX o any thing like sarin etc. Id really like to see some first hands on that assertion.

I thank you in advance
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 07:14 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I don't see why the GOP would have needed to find anything
The burden of the jsutification for any war is in the hands of those ho proposed it. It was entirely aGOP proposal and the rest of the Congress and UN just went along cause NOONE felt that our leadership would lie to us?
(Boy were we wrong)
parados

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 07:23 pm
@oralloy,
Yes, you found 500 shells. However WMD were not found in Iraq.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 07:27 pm
@parados,
All of you with the patience of angels gets ten gold feathers for your attempts to discuss anything with oralloy.

JTT

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 07:42 pm
@parados,
Quote:
However WMD were not found in Iraq.

Yes, they were. The ones spread by the war criminals who illegally invaded Iraq and Afghanistan.
oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:12 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Has anyone noted just how far off topic y'all are?

I have. But at least this is more interesting than the rehash of the 1990s.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:13 pm
@farmerman,

farmerman wrote:
NO GB or VX o any thing like sarin etc. Id really like to see some first hands on that assertion.

I thank you in advance

Quote:
That question divided Republicans and Democrats again this week, this time at a hearing of the House Armed Services Committee on the estimated 500 rockets and artillery shells containing degraded mustard gas or sarin nerve agent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/30/AR2006063001528.html

Quote:
The munitions found contain sarin and mustard gases, Army Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said. Sarin attacks the neurological system and is potentially lethal.

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=15918

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:22 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Yes, you found 500 shells. However WMD were not found in Iraq.

Wrong. Mustard gas and sarin both count as WMD. And both were found in Iraq.
oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:37 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The burden of the jsutification for any war is in the hands of those ho proposed it. It was entirely aGOP proposal and the rest of the Congress and UN just went along cause NOONE felt that our leadership would lie to us?
(Boy were we wrong)

I am not aware of any required burden to justify a war.

But anyway, if justification is really required:

Quote:
Sunday September 23, 2001

Press Release
SOURCE: Newsweek

Pentagon Board Wants Hit on Iraq After Afghanistan, But Secretary of State Powell Fears Strike Could Shatter Arab Anti-Terror Coalition

NEW YORK, Sept. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- At a two-day meeting last week of the Pentagon's Defense Policy Board, which is chaired by hard-liner Richard Perle, eminent conservatives including Henry Kissinger, James Schlesinger, Dan Quayle and Newt Gingrich reached a consensus that U.S. military forces should strike Iraq shortly after an initial blow against Afghanistan in response to the terror attack on New York and Washington, Newsweek reports in the current issue. ``When the U.S. loses what may be more than 6,000 people, there has to be reaction so that the world clearly knows that things have changed,'' Gingrich tells Newsweek.

But Secretary of State Colin Powell fears a strike on Iraq could shatter his efforts to build a worldwide anti-terror coalition. The aim would be to pool intelligence on terrorists with ``global reach'' and to gain police cooperation which he and National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice believe is at least as critical to cracking down on terror as military action, report Foreign Editor Michael Hirsh and Diplomatic Correspondent Roy Gutman in the October 1 issue of Newsweek (on newsstands Monday, September 24).

The strike-Iraq contingent fears American credibility will be damaged if the U.S. gets bogged down in Afghanistan. It also believes Saddam's weapons of mass destruction could be used against America next, Newsweek reports. There is ``a recognition that it will be very tough to get bin Laden in the rocky and mountainous terrain of Afghanistan,'' said one participant in the Pentagon meetings. ``There's a feeling we've got to do something that counts -- and bombing some caves is not something that counts.''

On the other hand, Powell and deputies believe a full-blown military strike on Baghdad would only kill many Iraqis, enrage the Arab world and probably not dispose of Saddam, who has slowly won new allies with promises of oil deals since 1991.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010924113109/biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010923/nysu001a_1.html
oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
All of you with the patience of angels gets ten gold feathers for your attempts to discuss anything with oralloy.

Pipe down, dummy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:43 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Yes, they were. The ones spread by the war criminals who illegally invaded Iraq and Afghanistan.

Wrong on two counts.

First, there is nothing even remotely illegal about our invasion of Afghanistan.

And second, we did not in any way use WMDs in either country.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 06:25 am
@oralloy,
Suck up and swallow Uncle Sam's sperm, Oralboy. You're spitting it all over the pages of A2K.
0 Replies