Does Obama actually understand business?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 12:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
Obama doesn't seem to understand "secret."

Quote:
Report: Obama authorized secret support for Syrian rebels

President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing U.S. support for rebels seeking to depose Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his government, sources familiar with the matter said. Obama's order, approved earlier this year and known as an intelligence "finding," broadly permits the CIA and other U.S. agencies to provide support that could help the rebels oust Assad. This and other developments signal a shift toward growing, albeit still circumscribed, support for Assad's armed opponents - a shift that intensified following last month's failure of the U.N. ...
RABEL222

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 06:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From whom did this come?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 06:51 pm
@RABEL222,
Fair question. But a copy and paste to any search engine would have produced something like this.

http://search.babylon.com/?q=Obama+authorized+secret+support+for+Syrian+rebels&babsrc=SP_crm

I actually got it from MyYahoo home page.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 10:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
Unnamed government sources I have no faith in, not that I doubt that since the U.N cannot act that our CIA and other foreign government agencies are acting. News sources are so unreliable that I have no trust in their unproven words.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 12:14 pm
@RABEL222,
What you say is true; but to say you don't trust our government 100% of the time is somewhat defeatist from MPOV.

I started to distrust our government when they exposed our soldiers to a-bomb testings to see how much they absorbed radio activity. This was back in the late fifties when I worked with nukes with the USAF.

Since then, most of us learned about what the CIA has been doing around the world in support of regimes that turned out to be tyrants and murderers.

However, to say that our government can't be trusted on anything is a bit far-fetched. There are honest people in our government who have come out and exposed what our government has done that we did not approve of.

That a republican senator resigned because he saw what the GOP has been doing is one of those things that gives me hope.

The glass is always half full.
TheIndependentLib

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 02:06 pm
@McGentrix,
Does Romney understand business?
And if he does then, why has he perfected wage slavery all over the Third World?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 12:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
I dident say I dont trust our government 100% of the time. More like 70%.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 12:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
He understands it very well, as he understands everything...in terms of what is in his personal best interest.

Like the other leaks of classified information, the revelation about his authorizing calndestine support of Syrian rebels is intended to advance his current campaign for re-election.
parados

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 01:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'd hate to see a WH actually leak classified information for political purposes.

Oh.. wait.. the WH can't leak classified info since anything they release is no longer classified according to Dick Cheney.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 01:51 pm
@parados,
Like leaking the name of a CIA agent for political reasons.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 02:51 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

I'd hate to see a WH actually leak classified information for political purposes.

Oh.. wait.. the WH can't leak classified info since anything they release is no longer classified according to Dick Cheney.

Good to see you guys admit that Obama is no better then Cheney.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 03:07 pm
@McGentrix,
FACT: Obama, like Cheney, didn't leak any secrets.

From Wiki.
Quote:
Plame affair
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Plame Affair (also known as the CIA leak scandal, the CIA leak case, the CIA leak grand jury investigation, and Plamegate) involved the identification of Valerie Plame Wilson as a covert[1][2] Central Intelligence Agency officer by Richard Armitage.[3] Mrs. Wilson's relationship with the CIA was formerly classified information.[1] The disclosure was made in a Washington Post column titled "Mission to Niger" written by Robert Novak, and published on July 14, 2003.[4].

Mrs. Wilson's husband, former Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson, has stated his opinion in various interviews and subsequent writings (as listed in his 2004 memoir The Politics of Truth) that members of former President George W. Bush's administration revealed Mrs. Wilson's covert status as retribution for his op-ed titled "What I Didn't Find in Africa," published in The New York Times on July 6, 2003.[5]
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 04:32 pm
@McGentrix,
Just pointing out that the RW isn't affording Obama the same deference they did Cheney.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 07:47 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Just pointing out that the RW isn't affording Obama the same deference they did Cheney.

As I am just pointing out that the LW is treating Obama the same exact way the RW did Cheney. Where is the outrage? *crickets*

Seems both sides can hypocrites.
parados

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 05:37 pm
@McGentrix,
When the LW did it we didn't know that the WH could declare anything it wanted to be no longer classified. Now we know.The RW doesn't have the same excuse.
0 Replies