Bad at Dating... Or Something

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 04:57 pm
I hope this doesn't make me sound like a fool, but:

My favorite part of relationships is always the beginning. I find the challenge of attracting and getting to know a girl stimulating. However, after three to six months I usually feel like I'm in a routine. There is no challenge, there is nothing new. The relationships just feel like they are holding me back from either meeting new people or merely doing what I like.

I'll admit that I'm only 18 and perhaps I lack the maturity to maintain a relationship.

My questions are:
Is it wrong of me to enjoy casual dating/ flirting/ etc?

Am I perhaps just not in relationships with girls that are right for me?

roger

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 05:14 pm
@RUNN1NG EMOT10N,
Better girls than dogs, then. Dogs can't always find a new home when they need it.

Seriously, I don't see much of a problem at your age. You seem to know yourself, and if nobody is getting hurt, I just don't see a problem. Maybe in the next decade, your outlook will change. Again, no problem.
jespah

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 06:41 am
@roger,
Agreed. Frankly, I find it amusing and rather disingenuous when teenaged folk spout on and on about love, commitment and forever. Truth is, this time of life is for exploration and figuring out who you are and what you want.

Two rules --
1) Don't hurt and use people and
2) Wear a condom
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 08:55 am
@jespah,
You always have such sage advice to give.

As for the teenaged folk that spout on about love, commitment and forever, however, those are the ones that are struck by love, and, by and large, are experiencing it for the very first time ever in their lives. That's a powerful emotion that cannot be summarily dismissed.

Our poster, though, doesn't seem to have been struck by it.
jespah

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 10:13 am
@InfraBlue,
Hey, thanks! Smile

And I agree - the OP hasn't been struck by it. And there's no real reason to be concerned about that. All in good time.
0 Replies