GOP's live streaming event backfires

DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:18 am
Republicans Trolled by ‘Weedlord Bonerhitler’ In Online Healthcare Petition Stunt

Quote:
Today the National Republican Congressional Committee invited anyone on the internet to sign a petition to repeal Obamacare, then livestreamed a printer as it printed out the personalized petitions, one-by-one. The most logical thing in the world happened next: People trolled the **** out of it.

It seems the "Watch Your Petition Print" livestream ran for only a few glorious minutes before it was shut down after some poor person was overwhelmed trying to pull out all the joke names as they emerged. But not before "Connie Lingus," "Detective Rex Hardbody," "Pointless Empty Gesture," "Weedlord Bonerhitler," and many, many others had voiced their support of an Obamacare repeal. Here is one collection of a few of the best, via Twitter user barfcaptain. Yeah, that's "barfcaptain." The printer never had a chance.

http://i.imgur.com/VjYjk.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZhQcZ.png

http://i.imgur.com/Mtsfv.png
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 5,483 • Replies: 86

Sturgis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:36 am
@DrewDad,
So rather than come up with solutions, these fools pull a stunt like this?
I realize they are upset that their chosen one, the sainted Obama is on thin ice, but this is not helping their cause. It makes them, and consequently, the Democratic Party appear immature and incapable of generating any good ideas. This is even more childish than when the people in the Clinton offices ran around yanking the 'W' off of every computer they could find as they left after the 8 years were completed.

If these sad little individuals with pencils embedded in their brains (clearly they suffer from graphite poisoning) had let the thing go on, they could have had a much better time at taking the responses and then verbally shredding them in a factual and adult manner.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:39 am
@Sturgis,
Better a pencil in the brain than a stick up the butt.

The GOP's stunt was a masturbatory waste of paper to begin with. Then it was poorly executed, to boot.

Is it any wonder that folks jumped in to make fun of it?
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:42 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

They did come up with a solution. It's called the Affordable Care Act. It's the Republicans who are offering no solution. But then this wasn't a forum designed to provide solutions anyway, so I'm not sure why "these fools" were obligated to come up with a better one than the people who organized the stunt in the first place.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:56 am
@joefromchicago,
Jamming a feed is not a solution.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:58 am
@Sturgis,
Neither is a feed.

It was a PR stunt, not a solution.

If this happened to the Dems, you'd be cackling.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 09:00 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Jamming a feed is not a solution.

Depends on what you're trying to solve. If it's "stupid GOP gimmicks," then it worked beautifully.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 09:11 am
@DrewDad,
So going in and sabotaging is okay now? Really? How are you with that when it works against your sainted Obama? Childish behavior is not the answer. Whether the feed was worthwhile or not, the point, the fact, remains that had they allowed it to go as planned there would have been plenty of fodder for them to to dissect later, to their advantage.

Perhaps their would have been responses, ones which could have easily been dismissed. The way it stands now we will never know.

Perhaps nobody would have responded. Again, we will never know.

So you go right on believing that these nimrods handled it correctly. It's yet another indictment against you and your liberal friends.

It amuses me how you (and your liberal pals) complain that the Republicans do nothing, yet when they try to, you do all you can to sabotage and belittle.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 09:19 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
sainted Obama?

what is it lately with all the religious folks commenting on Obama.

Don't see it from Obama-supporters (don't count me in that group), but I've noticed this sainted Obama stuff a lot lately.

Is everyone reading the same tabloids or something?
Sturgis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 09:27 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
If this happened to the Dems, you'd be cackling.

Clearly you have not followed my views since I arrived here at this site. I am not amused when Republicans play juvenile games either. My voting record has been along both sides, based upon a candidate and all the information I can locate on them, it is not based on a political line. In 1992 I voted for Clinton, in 2000 and in 2004 I voted for George W. Bush. He was the first Republican Presidential candidate that I ever selected. Prior to that, I voted mostly Democrat on the Presidential ticket. The exception being 1980 when I voted for John B. Anderson (yes, I am aware he was a Republican up until then at which point he became an Independent). In 2008 I did not cast a vote. Between illness and neither candidate seeming to be a realistic choice, I stayed away from the polls.

My voting for other persons, Mayors, Governors, Senators, Congressmen, Assemblymen, Council Members, Judges, etc. has been Democrat, Republican and Independent. I don't tow a party line.

So, no, I would not be 'cackling' if this had happened to the Democrats. This sort of behavior is disgraceful regardless of who is doing it.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 09:36 am
@ehBeth,
I don't know where I first heard sainted with regard to Obama. I use it these days when interacting with the people so far over to the left they can't even see the line between them and Republican. I do it, mainly because there seems to be an attitude of 'President Obama can do no wrong' (I am equally bothered by those on the right who believe he can't do anything correctly). Have no idea why others use it.

Out of curiosity, I Googled, 'saint Obama and there were 78,000,o00 results.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 10:00 am
@Sturgis,
When people do stupid things, they should expect that the world will point it out to them.

I certainly don't exempt Obama from that.

And I'll clue you in to something: it's not that I think Obama walks on water. It's that I think Republicans wallow in muck.

0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 10:10 am
@DrewDad,
Digital Gorilla Theater---Wonderful. Showing a stupid idea a plateful of its own stupidity.

Rap
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 10:17 am
That petition was just for a signatory to ask Obama to repeal his most important program, because "it's not right for me." How is that constructive? How is that offering a solution?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 10:18 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
This is even more childish than when the people in the Clinton offices ran around yanking the 'W' off of every computer they could find as they left after the 8 years were completed.
It's funny that you think this is more childish than something that never happened. Or are you referring to the erroneous and unsubstantiated claim by certain parts of the GOP that turned out to be false when it was investigated by the GAO? I find it a little more childish that our government money was spent investigating that false claim simply because the GOP wanted to make political points.

Quote:
they could have had a much better time at taking the responses and then verbally shredding them in a factual and adult manner.

What responses Sturgis? The point was to simply send in your name attached to a form and have it printed out. That isn't a solution. It isn't a strategy to solve a problem. It's simply an attempt make a political point. It could have been an attempt to print out names of people that wanted a free meal at Taco Bell. It begs for this kind of response. Anything like it will always get that kind of response. It has nothing to do with political shenanigans.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 10:26 am
love it
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 10:35 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

You are referring to the RNC, right? After all, they have zero solutions for how to handle our healthcare situation. I mean, none. They would rather just pretend that a variety of problems don't exist.

Quote:
I realize they are upset that their chosen one, the sainted Obama is on thin ice, but this is not helping their cause.

Oh, you're not. How unsurprising.

Quote:
It makes them, and consequently, the Democratic Party appear immature and incapable of generating any good ideas. This is even more childish than when the people in the Clinton offices ran around yanking the 'W' off of every computer they could find as they left after the 8 years were completed.

Um, that's a fake story. Once again - unsurprising that you don't know that. Try using Snopes sometime.

Quote:
If these sad little individuals with pencils embedded in their brains (clearly they suffer from graphite poisoning) had let the thing go on, they could have had a much better time at taking the responses and then verbally shredding them in a factual and adult manner.

Wrong. Why? The modern GOP doesn't give a **** about arguments that make sense, facts, any of that crap. None of it makes a dent in them at all.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 10:36 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:

So going in and sabotaging is okay now? Really? How are you with that when it works against your sainted Obama?

Oh, and: every time you write "sainted Obama" it just makes you look like a total jackass.

Cycloptichorn
engineer

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 10:54 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

So going in and sabotaging is okay now?

The Dems didn't "sabotage" this effort, the Internet did and the Dems just laughed at it.
parados

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 11:11 am
@engineer,
Don't you get it engineer? The only people that would oppose the GOP is the Dems.