GOP's live streaming event backfires

parados

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:47 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Which illustrates the point that this wasn't political Finn. It was sophomoric humor practiced by children and had little to do with Democrats. Yet, you instantly blame Democrats because that is who you want to demonize.

What this illustrates is how blinded by their politics some conservatives are. They can't see that the majority don't give a damn about politics. They can't see that opening up a live feed that anyone can access would lead to someone trying to hijack it. They can't see that people that hijack their live feed are probably part of the majority that doesn't give a damn about politics.
joefromchicago

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 12:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Actually I would find someone spaming the site as "Frank Jones" a hell of a lot funnier...

Yet further evidence that conservatives aren't funny.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 01:08 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Yet, you instantly blame Democrats because that is who you want to demonize.

I did?

Apparently I am writing in some sub-concious code that only you can decipher. There really is no limit to your talents, is there?

In point of fact, I was mocking the clowns who spammed the site with sophomoric humor. That you drew the connection to Democrats says more about your assessment of that lot than mine.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 01:08 pm
@joefromchicago,
Or that you don't get our humor.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 01:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
please tell us a joke, finny...

JTT

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 01:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

"our humor", that's a funny one, Finn.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 02:34 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Yet further evidence that conservatives aren't funny.

well, not intentionally, anyway... many are pretty goddam hilarious.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 04:29 pm
@Rockhead,
There's so many, I couldn't choose. You do profusely post you know.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 04:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
if there are so many, please start a conservative humor thread so we can all enjoy them.

and thank you.

36,432 and counting...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 04:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
There's so many

See, it's as natural as breathing.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 04:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Sorry, I guess that was Sturgis' connection, not yours.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 04:45 pm
@parados,
Apology accepted.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 05:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I guess you're right.

Quote:
A few days later, Friedemann entered Stevens Hall off the school’s collegiate quad to find Romney marching out of his own room ahead of a prep school posse shouting about their plan to cut Lauber’s hair. Friedemann followed them to a nearby room where they came upon Lauber, tackled him and pinned him to the ground. As Lauber, his eyes filling with tears, screamed for help, Romney repeatedly clipped his hair with a pair of scissors.

What a delightfully droll prank!
Thomas

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 06:46 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I guess the answer to my question is: no, there's never a point at which those who prophesy doom will admit that, maybe, their prophesies were just a little off. All evidence to the contrary of their predictions is imperfect and cast aside without reflection. Think on that next time you accuse ME of being an ideologue Laughing

It's an interesting pattern to behold. One area where GeorgeOB1 and I agree concerns the apocalyptic strains of environmentalism, as represented by the Club of Rome, Paul Ehrlich, and others. Decade by decade, they predict an environmental meltdown 30 years from now. And when the 30 years were over and the Earth was still in pretty good shape, extremely few people who took them seriously in the first place stopped doing so.

Now we're seeing the same syndrome among conservatives around allegedly-impending hyperinflation and allegedly-soaring interest rates in the face of increasing debt. I wonder when, if ever, they'd be willing to admit they had it wrong.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:01 pm
@joefromchicago,
Shall we compare the youthful indiscretions of Romney and Obama?

If this is the worst your lot has to toss at Romney, he's in damned good shape.

Care to confess any actions of littlejoefromchicago that might not be seen with pride by joefromchicago, or are you that very rare human who emerged from his mother's womb fully formed and with the sensibilities of an adult?
JTT

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 08:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Let's do that, Finn. I'd like to see just what it is that makes it so easy for these guys to fall into their designated role as War Criminal in Chief.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 09:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You can if you want. It has nothing to do with what conservatives think is funny, but if that'll make you happy, I say go for it.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Care to confess any actions of littlejoefromchicago that might not be seen with pride by joefromchicago, or are you that very rare human who emerged from his mother's womb fully formed and with the sensibilities of an adult?

Well, if I confessed to being ashamed of any particular action that I engaged in as a child, that would put me one up on Romney. But then I still don't know what that has to do with what conservatives find funny -- unless you're trying to be funny, in which case I still don't see it.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 09:39 pm
@joefromchicago,
Whatever
joefromchicago

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 11:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Whatever

Now that's funny!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 12:10 am