GOP's live streaming event backfires

engineer

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 11:14 am
@parados,
Plus everyone knows that Weedlord Bonerhitler is clearly a liberal name.
djjd62

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 11:16 am
@engineer,
weird, all the weedlord bonerhitler's i know are green party supporters
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 11:17 am
@engineer,
Obviously. You think a conservative would come up with that name? They would have sent in "Frank Jones" and found it funny.
djjd62

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 11:19 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
They would have sent in "Frank Jones" and found it funny.

finn's probably laughing so hard right now he's wet himself
RABEL222

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 12:16 pm
@parados,
I dont get it. Who is frank Jones?
engineer

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 12:41 pm
@RABEL222,
As you can see from this link, the Rep effort at the end was actually Bruce Dackler.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 12:57 pm
@engineer,
Not sure why they're making fun of Pointless Empty Gesture, though.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 01:11 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
So rather than come up with solutions, these fools pull a stunt like this?

The Republican party's adversaries have come up with a solution --- Obamacare --- and enacted it. The Republican party itself is the one that
  • offers no solution,
  • seeks to repeal the solution Congress has already enacted, and
  • has bullied its own presidential candidate into disowning the successful solution he himself had enacted as governor.
Your indignation about people who bitch without offering solutions is well taken. But they're not the people you think they are.

EDIT: In other words, I agree with Joefromchicago.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 01:40 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
I use it these days when interacting with the people so far over to the left they can't even see the line between them and Republican.

I suppose that means I'm far over to the left. When I look at the Us policies Obama is presiding over, here is what I see:
  • The size of government is growing more slowly under Obama than it did under "the sainted" Reagan.
  • Congress enacted a healthcare reform rooted in Mitt Romney's Massachusetts reforms and Heritage-Foundation concept papers.
  • The Obama administration continues the Bush administration's macho posturing in the Middle East as well as its extrajudicial killings, and the prison system we know as "Guantanamo Bay", but that's actually much broader.
Looking at all this, I do find it hard to see the difference between Obama and moderate Republicans like Arlen Specter, Brent Scowcroft, Colin Powell, and George Bush the elder. The only difference is that Obama can win elections while any remaining Republican moderates can't. Tea-Party fanatics are purging the Republican party from George-Bush-senior types as we post.

I suggest, Sturgis, that as a grownup Republican you shouldn't worry about Democratic trolls. Worry instead about the trolls that are currently seizing control of your own party. The Democrats' current monopoly on reality-based politics is unhealthy, cannot be trusted in the long run, and urgently needs competition from reality-based politics on the Right.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 07:20 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
I suggest, Sturgis, that as a grownup Republican you shouldn't worry about Democratic trolls. Worry instead about the trolls that are currently seizing control of your own party. The Democrats' current monopoly on reality-based politics is unhealthy, cannot be trusted in the long run, and urgently needs competition from reality-based politics on the Right.

Well Thomas, you have now shown to me that you are unable to manage simple reading comprehension.

In this post, http://able2know.org/topic/191838-1#post-5008048 in response to DrewDad, I said:
Quote:
My voting record has been along both sides, based upon a candidate and all the information I can locate on them, it is not based on a political line. In 1992 I voted for Clinton, in 2000 and in 2004 I voted for George W. Bush. He was the first Republican Presidential candidate that I ever selected. Prior to that, I voted mostly Democrat on the Presidential ticket. The exception being 1980 when I voted for John B. Anderson (yes, I am aware he was a Republican up until then at which point he became an Independent). In 2008 I did not cast a vote. Between illness and neither candidate seeming to be a realistic choice, I stayed away from the polls.

My voting for other persons, Mayors, Governors, Senators, Congressmen, Assemblymen, Council Members, Judges, etc. has been Democrat, Republican and Independent. I don't tow a party line.

In other words Thomas, contrary to what you have said, I am not a Republican. I have indicated several times on this site that I am registered as a Democrat. I have further indicated several times that I do not vote a party line. I review a candidate and make a decision of who to cast the vote for, based upon all the information I can find on the individual.

Making the asinine assumption that I am a Republican because I am reacting in a negative way to the shenanigans which took place in the live feed, merely solidifies to many persons precisely what is wrong with the extreme left and the extreme right. Neither is exempt from these behaviors and I react the same when either side pulls these stunts. These sorts of behaviors are what disintegrates the core of the party, be it Democrat or be it Republican.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 07:27 pm
@Sturgis,
You have been a consistent defender of the Conservative position, despite your avowed non-Republican status.

Quote:
Neither is exempt from these behaviors and I react the same when either side pulls these stunts.

Oh, mm hmm. That's why I see a lot of posts from you criticizing the constant stunts we see ELECTED members of the GOP pulling, let alone random internet people.

oh, wait...

Cycloptichorn
Sturgis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 07:44 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Whatever makes you happy cycoptichorn. I've repeatedly stated my views, perhaps they lean too far to the right for your likings; however, the facts remain. I am a registered Democrat, can you see a staunch conservative ever doing this? I have voted many times on the Democratic party ticket; probably more times there than on the Republican party ticket. In the case of
Presidential elections, I know this is true. It is as I have said in the past, the easiest way to spot those on the far left or the far right is to criticize anything at all which their party does.
I have made posts against both sides and against posters who tend heavily towards either side. The vast majority of the posters on this board are liberal, some hard to the left, some closer to the center. Don't deny it cyclo. you know it's true, just go through any political thread and see how any criticizer of the left is thumbed down, while those who praise the left get thumbed up.

You wish to see this as me being a conservative, well then that is your choice.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 07:48 pm
@Sturgis,
I know a lot of conservatives who pretend they are centrists. I see you giving 90% of your criticism towards the Dems here on a2k, and rarely if ever commentating negatively towards the GOP; you are, of course, free to call yourself whatever name you like.

When I see you call out the GOP for their constant obstructionism and intentional attempts to destroy our economy for their own gain, perhaps I'll change my opinion. I would also say, if you don't want to be seen as a right-wing mouth-breather, you'd be well served to forget the 'sainted Obama' ****. You're repeating the tropes used by the dumbest and worst of that crowd, do you even realize that?

Cycloptichorn
Sturgis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
You're repeating the tropes used by the dumbest and worst of that crowd, do you even realize that?

Same can be said of you, although you will likely deny it.
Thomas

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:09 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
Well Thomas, you have now shown to me that you are unable to manage simple reading comprehension.

Great! I'm always happy to show things to people. Are you feeling smarter now? Also, thanks for returning the favor by associating me with "the extreme left" --- whatever this term means to you.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:10 pm
@Thomas,
Oh look, you're being sarcastic and funny at the same time. How do you manage it?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:13 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:
You're repeating the tropes used by the dumbest and worst of that crowd, do you even realize that?

Same can be said of you, although you will likely deny it.

Why don't you point out an example of my doing so?

No real denial of anything I said, regarding your lack of willingness to point out and criticize the incredible assholishness of the Republicans in power right now; just a 'you do it too!' response. I must say, you are fitting more into the mold of the modern GOP all the time.

Cycloptichorn
Sturgis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:25 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I see you are delirious with self-absorbed delusions of intelligence Cyclo.

I could list every pro-Democratic stance post I have made and you'd still not be satisfied. That is the proof of how far to the left you are.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:34 pm
@Sturgis,
Laughing The proof of my far-left status lies in my hypothetical response to your hypothetical list of statements I've made in the past?

Have a great evening

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:48 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Quote:

So going in and sabotaging is okay now? Really? How are you with that when it works against your sainted Obama?

Oh, and: every time you write "sainted Obama" it just makes you look like a total jackass.

Cycloptichorn

How do you think this makes you look?

Cycopticorn" wrote:
Wrong. Why? The modern GOP doesn't give a **** about arguments that make sense, facts, any of that crap. None of it makes a dent in them at all.

Cycloptichorn