Odd, strange, or bizarre news stories from Florida

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 09:06 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

they tied a white rag to the end of the pole, for safety... Laughing

Well hey, there are traffic rules to abide by.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 06:50 am
VERO BEACH, Florida – A 27-year-old man was rushed to the Indian River Medical Center after suffering second and third-degree burns after watching the Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers game in Vero Beach.

Residents at the home said the family was watching the Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers game when someone put on a jersey that was set on fire. The man was taken to the hospital by another family member.

At the hospital, deputies spoke with a couple who admitted they were watching the NFL game and agreed to burn the losing team’s jersey. However, the man decided to wear the jersey as it was burning.

FLORIDUH
chai2

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 11:03 am
@panzade,
I'm thinking alcohol was involved in that decision.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:31 pm
Palm Beach County Schools blamed third-graders who were molested

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/education/fl-pn-coral-sunset-lawsuit-20171009-story.html
panzade

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 06:44 am
@edgarblythe,
Outrageous.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 08:31 am
@panzade,
Here's the flip side of the Florida meth scene.

Florida Man Awarded $37,500 After Cops Mistake Glazed Doughnut Crumbs For Meth
chai2

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 05:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
This guy is some kind of freak anyway.

Who the hell buys one glazed donut every other Wednesday ?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2017 10:46 am
325-pound woman charged with killing girl by sitting on her

325-pound Florida woman is charged with killing her 9-year-old cousin by sitting on the child as punishment. Veronica Green Posey, 64, was arrested and charged with homicide and cruelty toward a child.

Paramedics and deputies responded to the family's Pensacola home following a 911 call Saturday. Posey told deputies she sat on Dericka Lindsay as discipline "for being out of control."

Posey hit the girl with a ruler and metal pipe before the child ran to an armchair.

James Smith told investigators that Posey sat on the girl for about 10 minutes before she complained she couldn't breathe. She stayed on the chair for an additional two minutes before getting up, he said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/2017/10/325_pound_woman_charged_with_killing_girl_by_sitting_on_her?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2017 10:47 am
@Linkat,
Who hits a nine year old with a metal pipe? Of course the sitting on child is absolutely insane - you'd think the metal pipe was enough of a punishment?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 12:47 pm
Quote:
Miami Man says girlfriend’s mutilated body with missing organs is blow-up doll with human flesh
By Charles Rabin
October 30, 2017 5:47 PM

When police found Deanna Clendinen’s mutilated body on Friday, her boyfriend told them there was a misunderstanding: The body, he said, was that of a life-size, blow-up doll with human flesh.

The cops didn’t buy it.

Instead, after searching the man’s home and finding a scene resembling the film Silence of the Lambs, they arrested Jerome Ernest Wright, 32, and charged him with abusing a dead human body. The woman’s stomach had been lacerated and many of her internal organs removed, police said.

As of Monday, Jerome Wright had not been charged with the woman’s murder. He not only denied killing her — he claimed the body wasn’t even human. Still, police said, a murder charge is on the table.

“Pending the [Miami-Dade County] medical examiner’s report, we’ll know which way the investigation will go,” said Miami-Dade Detective Alvaro Zabaleta.

According to police, they arrived at the home at 6268 NW 23rd Ave., just past 7:30 p.m. Friday after being notified of a foul smell. Wright’s mother Della Rosalie Wright had called the police.

She told police she lived alone with her son and led them to his bedroom, where she said the odor was coming from. As the cops got closer, Jerome Wright walked out of his room, “naked and sweaty,” police said.

He told them he had a stomachache.

Inside his room, police said they found body fluids on a trash can and on a mattress. Then, inside a closet, they found a badly mutilated body covered in sheets. A decomposed leg was sticking out, police said.

Then, police said, they began questioning Della Wright, who told them she lived alone with her son and that his girlfriend, Clendinen, 52, often stayed with her son.

She told police that when she asked her son what the smell was, he said “he saw a rat in his room, had diarrhea and that the dog defecated on the floor.”

That’s when police began questioning Jerome Wright, they said. He told them that whatever was in his room was not real. Then, the defendant stated that there was a life-size blow-up doll in the closet, and that the doll was made of flesh.

Police said Jerome Wright also repeatedly said that “if you find something in my room it’s from the Internet.” Before he was arrested, he also told police he hadn’t seen Clendinen in five months.

When police took a closer look at Clendinen’s body, they said they found a large laceration across her midsection and that several of her internal organs were missing. They said they found them outside in a garbage can adjacent to the home.

Jerome Wright was arrested last March and charged with aggravated battery against Clendinen. He was on probation when police found her decomposed body.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 06:56 pm
@Ticomaya,
Bad scene.

Sometimes I forget how terrible humans can be. Ok, not often, but this one...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 10:31 pm
Quote:
'Transracial' man, born white, says he feels Filipino
USA Today NetworkGarin Flowers, WTSP-TV, Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla.
Published 11:33 a.m. ET Nov. 13, 2017 | Updated 2:30 p.m. ET Nov. 13, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/09H8FLM.png

TAMPA, Fla. — Ja Du, born a white male named Adam, now considers himself a Filipino.

He even drives what he calls a Tuk Tuk, an Asian-derived vehicle used for public transit in the Philippines.

Ja Du is part of a small but growing number of people who call themselves transracial. The term once referred only to someone (or a couple) of a one race adopting a child of another, but now it’s becoming associated with someone born of one race who identifies with another.

Ja Du says he grew up enjoying Filipino food, events and the overall culture.

“Whenever I’m around the music, around the food, I feel like I’m in my own skin,” he said.

“I’d watch the History Channel, sometimes for hours ... nothing else intrigued me more but things about Filipino culture.”

the term transracial started to become more widely known after the much-publicized story of Rachel Dolezal. Dolezal, born white, identified as black and portrayed herself as such. She was even the president of the Spokane, Wash., chapter of the NAACP.

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2018 10:18 pm
Quote:
Face-biting killer: Florida deputy describes efforts to control accused murderer

Meghan McRoberts
3:19 PM, Feb 5, 2018
11:13 AM, Feb 7, 2018

MARTIN COUNTY, Fla. - It’s a case first responders in Martin County still consider one of the most horrific crimes they have seen.

On Aug. 15, 2016, first responding deputies laid eyes on accused killer Austin Harrouff attacking John Stevens and his wife Michelle Mishcon at their house.

Deputies arrived at the home shortly after the couple’s neighbor, Jeff Fisher, tried to intervene and help the couple.

One of the first deputies on scene, Wayne Trocan, describes quickly walking up to a gruesome sight. “I saw a huge giant trail of blood, probably 8 feet wide.”

He then saw his fellow deputy, Grace Zopf.

“Grace was standing right here pointing her gun to the ground,” Trocan said.

The deputy explained to investigators with the Martin County Sheriff’s Office that he told Zopf not to shoot.

“Grace said, 'I’m going to shoot him.' Based on the angle I saw I said, 'stop.' There was no good shot, it would have went into him, the victim," Trocan said.

Trocan described Harrouff’s stronghold on Stevens. “He had his legs intertwined, his arm wrapped around him. He had his fingers like a fish hook in his mouth trying to pull his cheek apart. He was growling.”

Trocan said he and fellow law enforcement officers tried everything they could to get Harrouff off of Stevens. He deployed his Taser, which was ineffective. Harrouff, Trocan said, was also unfazed by a K-9.

"The dog grabbed him arm and pulled it off [of Stevens]. The suspect ripped it out of the dog's mouth and went in for a deeper hold,” Trocan said.

Trocan then started stomping or kicking Harrouff’s face to try to get him to stop attacking Stevens.

“I kicked him in the head. His head came off for a second and then he went right back in and took a deeper grapple hold,” Trocan said.

Trocan said he might have kicked Harrouff more than 10 times before Harrouff flung his arm back, and deputies were able to get a handcuff on his wrist and drag him away.

“As I finally was pulling him off of him, he was screaming, 'Kill me! I’m eating people, kill me!' Very loud,” Trocan said.

The deputy also described finding multiple potential weapons at the scene, including a knife underneath Stevens' arm, scissors on the driveway and a screwdriver in the garage.

Harrouff is facing first-degree murder charges for the deaths of Stevens and Mishcon, and attempted murder for the attack on Fisher.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2018 05:09 pm
Quote:
Florida boy gets trapped inside arcade claw machine

https://i.imgur.com/v5HQIBx.jpg

A young boy who was really set on getting a stuffed toy from a claw-style vending machine at a Florida restaurant ended up getting stuck inside it on Wednesday, according to officials.

Titusville Fire and Emergency Services said in a Facebook post the incident happened at a Beef O'Brady's restaurant on the state's Atlantic coast.

"This evening little Mason was enjoying some food and decided he wanted a stuffed animal," the rescue agency said. "He wanted it so bad, he climbed into the game to get that toy!!"

Fire officials said the boy was "never in any distress," and an off-duty firefighter who happened to be there eating dinner contacted his colleagues.

The boy's age was not released.

Mason was in the machine for about 5 minutes, and sat on top of the toys while firefighters worked to get him out, Battalion Chief Gregory Sutton told The Associated Press.

"He went in, but obviously he couldn't come back out the same way," Sutton said.

The machine sustained minimal damage from the rescue, and Mason was able to rejoin his family for dinner, although he was a bit embarrassed. But the ordeal wasn’t entirely fruitless – he was given a toy afterward.

“We love a happy ending,” the fire agency said, “and are glad everything worked out.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
chai2

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 12:55 pm
@Ticomaya,
Great parenting there. Way to keep your eye on your kid.

He definitely would not have gotten a reward from me for pulling that ****.
jcboy

Reply Tue 29 May, 2018 04:37 pm
@chai2,
Im hoping thats all she shaved Shocked

Woman shaves legs in crowded Florida hotel pool

Quote:
The footage, filmed in Florida, shows the lady perched on the edge of the water where just feet away, children are swimming past as the razor brushes against her leg.

The woman is also then seen depositing her stubble into the hotel pool in the video.
chai2

Reply Tue 29 May, 2018 05:53 pm
@jcboy,
Good Lord, I'm glad I haven't eaten yet. Gross.

Last year, as I was leaving the pool, a woman was starting to get in. She had all this stuff in her hair.

The lifeguard asked her what it was. She said she was coloring her hair, and it was supposed to stay in for 15 minutes, and that she was going to stand in the shallow end that long, and dunk to rinse it out.

THAT did not happen.

Everyone around was like "WTF!!!!", and the lifeguard said "no way".
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:30 pm
@chai2,
No MONKIES ALLOWED!
Florida Restaurant Forced to Cancel ‘Monkey Mondays’ After Monkey Bites Child
Linkat

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
Love this line:

Quote:
Meanwhile, the Houtens were cited for failing to get JoJo a rabies vaccine and for letting her bite someone in a restaurant in the first place.

I guess if you allow your monkey to bite someone other than in a restaurant it is ok.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 07:36 am
Facebook video shows Florida woman putting her son's head in toilet

LEESBURG, Fla. - A Facebook video showing a Leesburg mother pushing her son’s head into a toilet got the attention of many people -- so many, she said Sunday, that police had to sit outside her house Saturday night because of the threats she was receiving.

Someone even came to Kaitlyn Wolf's home, angry about the video, she told News 6.

But the video isn’t what it looks like, Wolf said. In the clip, the hair of Wolf’s 3-year-old appears to be swirling in the toilet and the boy is crying.

“(It) sounds like he’s like, hysterically crying, but he’s not,” Wolf said. “He’s crying and he’s laughing at the same time. After the video was done ... (he) goes, ‘Let’s do it again.’”

Wolf said she’s worried about the video and how it’s circulated. She has received death threats, along with messages from people saying she should be shot, killed, run over or buried alive.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/facebook-video-shows-florida-woman-putting-her-sons-head-in-toilet