tsarstepan

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 05:58 pm
Drunk Driver Offers Worst Possible Excuse
http://www.grubstreet.com/2014/03/drunk-driver-says-he-was-driving-it-off.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 07:34 pm
Vintage Books & Anchor Books
Please join us in wishing Carl Hiaasen a happy birthday! Hiaasen was born in Plantation, Florida, on this day in 1953.

"The Florida in my novels is not as seedy as the real Florida. It's hard to stay ahead of the curve. Every time I write a scene that I think is the sickest thing I have ever dreamed up, it is surpassed by something that happens in real life."
--Carl Hiaasen
panzade

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 07:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
Good one. Good writer
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 09:28 am
Sketch of Gainesville urinator released
Man seen urinating on people near UF campus

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The Gainesville Police Department has released a composite drawing of the man suspected of urinating on women.

In late February and early March, four incidents were reported of a man who was approaching women from behind and urinating on them. Since the media coverage of those reports, at least three more victims have come forward to report the same crime, according to police.

One of the victims was able to give enough information to help police create a sketch of the urinator.

The urinating bandit is described as a black man between the ages of 25 and 30, about 6 feet tall with a medium to chunky build. During the last urination situation, the man was wearing a dark hoodie sweatshirt and baggy jeans.

Originally three cases were reported, then more women started coming forward after hearing other victims' stories. Police said they now have six victims who were urinated on by the man.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/sketch-of-gainesville-urinator-released/25019812
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 11:13 am
A bizarre and ultimately very sad double-homicide that happened within blocks of my house. The trial is going on now.
Quote:
Rolling Stone magazine on Wednesday published a detailed look at the case of Tyler Hadley, the Port St. Lucie teenager who beat his parents to death with a hammer in 2011 and then threw a party in their home.

The article, “Tyler Hadley’s Killer Party,” covers Hadley’s mental-health issues, Port St. Lucie’s crime problems and the July 16, 2011, party that followed Hadley’s bludgeoning deaths of his parents, Blake and Mary Joe, at their home on Northeast Granduer Avenue.

Hadley is due to go on trial on first-degree murder charges in March. He is expected to plead not guilty by reason of insanity.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/tyler-hadleys-killer-party-20131218
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 07:33 am
The 101 Most Insane Things That Have Ever Happened In Florida
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-101-most-insane-things-that-have-ever-happened-in-florid
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2014 08:02 am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/abagg/this-video-proves-that-karma-is-real-and-in-very-rare-cases
panzade

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2014 10:46 am
@tsarstepan,
That is incredibly comforting to me and probably millions of other law abiding drivers. Very Happy
Though I must say; in that situation I'll pass the slow truck quickly and duck back in the slow lane
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:00 am
Man shot by off-duty Florida deputy after getting caught having sex by pool

An altercation over a late-night poolside sex session at a Florida apartment complex ended with one man getting shot and an off-duty police officer under investigation.

Anthony Ribeiro, 49, of Boca Raton, was shot by an off-duty Palm Beach County sheriff's deputy early Saturday after the deputy kicked Ribeiro off the grounds of his West Boca apartment complex for having sex by the pool.

Ribeiro survived the shooting but was listed in critical condition at Delray Medical Center, authorities said Monday.

The deputy, who was not identified, was placed on leave while the sheriff's office investigated the shooting, a standard practice, the Palm Beach Sheriff's office said.

The incident at the Reflections of Boca Del Mar began about 12:23 a.m. when the deputy found Ribeiro and a woman having sex by the pool, the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office said.

The man identified himself as a cop, and told the couple, who did not live at the complex, to beat it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-shot-off-duty-deputy-caught-sex-pool-article-1.1740408
Krumple

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:12 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

I cannot believe a thread of this nature has not been started before. If you read an off-the-wall or truly odd news story, there is an excellent chance it's out of Florida.

Feel free to deposit them here.

Quote:
New details in attacker accused of chewing off man's face

MIAMI (WSVN) -- Disturbing new details and surveillance video have been released in the fatal police-involved shooting off a causeway that involved naked men and cannibalism.

While Larry Vega rode his bicycle on MacArthur Causeway's pedestrian walkway on Saturday afternoon, he witnessed something that can only be described as savage: a naked man was chewing off the face of another naked man. "And the guy was like tearing him to pieces with his mouth, so I told him, 'Get off!'" he said. "You know, it's like the guy just kept eating the other guy away, like ripping his skin."

Upon witnessing what he describes as a scene out of a horror movie, Vega managed to flag down a Miami Police officer. "Police officer came over, told him several times to get off, and a police officer climbed over the divider and got in front of him and said, 'Get off!' And told him several times, and the guy just stood his head up like that with a piece of flesh in his mouth and growled," said Vega.

When the attack continued, Vega says the officer fired but the man continued to chew flesh off the victim. The officer fired several more times, eventually killing the attacker, who, according to published reports, has been identified as 31-year-old Rudy Eugene.

A "Miami Herald" surveillance camera caught the aftermath as the two men, who, police said, appeared to be homeless, laid side by side on the ground. "It was just a blob of blood," said Vega. "You couldn't really see, it was just blood all over the place."

Rescue crews rushed the victim to Jackson Memorial Hospital with 75 percent of his face missing, including an eye, his ears and lips.

Police said the attacker may have likely been overdosing on a new potent form of LSD. "What's happening is whenever we see that a person has taken all of his clothes off and has become violent, it's indicative of this excited delirium that's caused by overdose of drugs," said Armando Aguilar of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police. "What's happening is, inside their body their organs are burning up alive."

Doctors at Jackson Memorial say that mixing illegal drugs can have horrific results. "If you mix it with things: cocaine and new LSDs, they cause delirium, which is, you don't make sense when you take them," said Dr. Paul Adams of Jackson Memorial Hospital.

Vega said, he cannot shake the image he expected to see on the big screen and never on the streets of Miami. "Pretty gruesome, that's for sure. One of the most gruesome things I have ever seen in my life in person," he said. "You know, you see these things in the movies but when you see it in person, it's pretty traumatic."

The victim remains in critical condition. Sources tell 7News the injuries the victim sustained are some of the worst injuries they have ever seen.

Is this april fools nonsense?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:21 am
@Krumple,
Krumple:
1) Did you bother to read the date of Tico's posting of that article? Tue 29 May, 2012 09:46 pm
2) It's not April Fool's yet in the US. Not even close. Give it 10 hours and 39 minutes.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 12:44 pm
@Linkat,
Saw this on the news the other night Linkat...
my first thought was: Palm Beach County deputies have killed a lot of citizens in the last few years.
Sad.
roger

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:19 pm
@panzade,
So has the Albuquerque PD. I'm there almost weekly and they're on the front page almost every time I'm there.
Linkat

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 07:23 am
Florida woman goes on naked rampage at McDonald’s

Astonishing surveillance footage has emerged of a naked woman going on the rampage in a Florida McDonald's.

The diner, who's wearing just a pair of panties, is seen tearing apart what's reported to be a St. Petersburg location.

Slamming her head on the counter, she throws cash registers onto the floor before tipping over a gigantic refrigerator.

Her grand finale comes as she sticks her head under the soft-serve dispenser to fill her face with ice cream.

It's unclear when the footage was filmed or what happened to the woman following the incident.

However, narrated by employees who use slightly colorful language, the clip has unsurprisingly gone viral.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fla-woman-naked-rampage-mcdonald-article-1.1749184#ixzz2yIiSmIcv
panzade

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 07:51 am
@roger,
The hits just keep on comin'
WEST PALM BEACH —
A Palm Beach County sheriff’s deputy fatally shot a 31-year-old man Monday, the third deputy-involved shooting for the county’s largest law-enforcement agency in 10 days and its fourth in 2014.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 08:04 am
@Linkat,
Maybe the service was too slow? Or, she really, REALLY wanted some ice cream.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 07:36 am
April must have been a slow month for Florida. This thread is pretty dead.

A 16-Year-Old Girl Faked Her Own Kidnapping To Win Back Her Ex-Boyfriend
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/a-16-year-old-girl-faked-her-own-kidnapping-to-win-back-her
Eva

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 07:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
That's because all the truly bizarre stories have been coming out of Oklahoma.

I swear, it's like we're competing or something. Sad
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 08:27 am
@Eva,
Here's an interesting theory why weirdness is expected from Florida:
WHY ALL THE WEIRDEST NEWS COMES FROM FLORIDA
http://www.onthemedia.org/story/why-all-weirdest-news-florida/
panzade

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 08:56 am
@tsarstepan,
Will Greenlee is well known in this town for writing a humorous column for Scripps Treasure Coast News called Off The Beat.
Here's a sample of some recent headlines.
Quote:
Night of cocaine, booze, feet smooching ends poorly in Fort Pierce

"it could be argued that nothing good comes after staying up all night snorting cocaine and drinking."

Quote:

Driver gives quite a show on I-95 in Port St. Lucie; FHP not amused
A naked man accused of masturbating while driving on Interstate 95 and enticing a semi-truck driver got an unhappy ending, according to a recently released arrest report.

Quote:
Pantsless man busted after mooching ambulance ride in Vero Beach

Quote:
What did 'crazy' woman hit with thrown pasta in Port St. Lucie?

http://blogs.tcpalm.com/off_the_beat_will_greenlee_blog/assets_c/2014/04/pasta2-thumb-500x366-15400.jpg
Quote:
Man, transgender woman jailed in bathroom-related, golf club flap in Port St. Lucie

Quote:
Poop in Fort Pierce courthouse elevator gets woman in pile of trouble

Florida's Sunshine Laws make arrest reports available to an incredulous nation.
http://blogs.tcpalm.com/off_the_beat_will_greenlee_blog/
0 Replies