Tai Chi

Reply Fri 25 May, 2012 03:52 pm
Loved the photos. Congratulations!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 25 May, 2012 04:03 pm
Thank you, all.

We definitely danced a hora!!

There wasn't a lot of other dancing for me at least - you get pulled in every which direction. There is a video somewhere - it'd be interesting to get chunks of that online - my cousins doin' The Electric Slide!

I was 29; RP was 27. Man oh man we were definitely kids!

Yeah - the bouquet toss expression - it was near the end of things and I think I was mentally winding down. Your face hurts from all the smiling (this is not a complaint)! That evening we went out to dinnah with our Maid o' Honor and her boyfriend, just to be doing something that wasn't wedding. Left for the 'moon I think a few days later.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 25 May, 2012 04:06 pm
@jespah,
You cougar you Smile

I love the "smiling from ear to ear" in those photos, congrats!!!!! That was beautiful to see.
jespah

Reply Fri 25 May, 2012 04:07 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
We were - and are - verra happy. Sheesh, I mean, why do it otherwise?
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 25 May, 2012 04:08 pm
Congratulations, jespah and Region!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2ogB_Df2ARk/TGvSBw-Oi7I/AAAAAAAAB4U/0vvWtxS4P-0/s400/happy-anniversary-02.gif
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 25 May, 2012 04:11 pm
@jespah,
Oh I've seen "nerves instead" Smile That's why it was beautiful to see...I'm doing it for the second time next year, I'll be smiling like you two Smile
jespah

Reply Fri 25 May, 2012 05:12 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Congratulations to you!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 25 May, 2012 05:31 pm
@jespah,
Smile

Yom ni-soo-in sah-meh-ahkh , Jespah and Region!*

Smiling at your wedding photographs. You both look so young & so happy! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Have a wonderful celebration today.

*(I hope I got that right ... if not, blame wiki answers!)
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 25 May, 2012 08:39 pm
@jespah,
I didn't know you were a Valkyrie when you married. The database thing must have been a traumatizing career move after that. A heart-felt "hoyotohooo" to the both of you!

PS: And your parents haven't changed much at all.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 01:19 am
@Thomas,
Sincere congratulations from downunder Jespah and Region, may you have a wonderful day and many more happy years together.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 01:35 am
@jespah,
I just found this thread!

Such a mitzvah! And what great pix!

L'chaim!!!

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Science/images-3/champagne-bottle.jpg
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 01:55 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

the way i understand it is the couple are king and queen during the hora, placed on their "thrones".
the goal is not to fall, and pray that their friends don't drop them...

It looks a touch scary but I'm sure it was a blast. That would never happen at an Irish wedding. I wouldn't trust half the crowd to stand straight never mind lift a projectile. Laughing
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 01:59 am
@Letty,
Letty, believe it or not, when I was a kid I remember Hava Nagila being played at almost every dance I went to. I lived in a very odd area.. lol
Thanks for the song.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 05:27 am
Thanks, everyone!

And thank you to Ragman for the interpretations. That's how I understand it, too, although I've also heard a theory that the glass breaking is also symbolic of a hymen breaking.

Heh.

Moving right along ....

The day ended weirdly.

The plan was to go to the bank, deposit two checks we got as gifts and then go to Vietnamese for dinner.

The car had other plans.

We got to the bank and I put on the flashers for the less than 2 minutes it took to deposit said checks. Got back in. Tried to start the car. No dice. Electrical power but no battery.

I mean - wtf? We had recently driven it to/from Cape Cod (which is something like 200 miles) with no trouble whatsoever. And I had had the damned flashers on for such a short period of time. Of course that shouldn't kill the battery. The car has under 25 kilomiles on it.

Called the tow guy. He finally got in something like an hour later. Now, picture this - we are in a local square. There are restaurants. This is within walking distance of our home. RP goes home and gets water bottles and napkins. He gets a menu for the local takeout Thai place. He orders it and picks it up as I am dealing with the tow guy, who came with his older brother who was not a tow guy but nice just the same.

We are in the car, food is in the car. Tow guy is trying everything to get it to turn over. Finally he does some scan and says, it's probably the alternator. As I had feared. But he has a van with him and not the tow truck.

He calls his boss. We wait.

Boss arrives with a boat bumper than I swear looks like a white plastic version of a pony keg. He attaches it to the front of his car and pushes my car along to the nearest gas station (which is a half a block away). Tow guy steers as RP and I jog over to gas station. Tow guy gets out, I get many business cards from them, pay them and thank them profusely.

We take our food out of the car, plus the transponder for EZ pass in case I need to take a rental car or a zipcar on the road. Go to gas station guy, hand over the keys and explain the problem. He says to call at 8 AM today (which is in about 35 minutes from right now) and get the whole thing situated. It's a 3-day weekend but the mechanic will be around today so maybe it can all be done.

In the meantime, we are gonna figure out zipcar in case we need it, in particular if, due to the holiday weekend, I can't get the car (our only car) back by Wednesday as I have a job interview. In Dedham. Which, as you may have guessed, can only be reached by car.

It all took about 2 1/2 hours last night (we ate the Thai food at home).

Happy Anniversary to us! Egad!
firefly

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 05:41 am
@jespah,
http://www.punjabigraphics.com/images/2/happy-anniversary5.jpg

Wishing you both many many decades more of happy togetherness.

Wonderful photos, thank you for sharing them.

Sorry the day ended the way it did, but it sure gave you an anniversary to remember. Smile Hope you get your car back soon.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 06:49 am
@firefly,

we'll letcha know how our Amazing .Auto.Adventure turns out...
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 09:14 am
@jespah,
These are the memories you live for in a few years time. I am sorry though that you had this mishap on your 20th anniversary and I hope your car can be fixed today.
Kudos to Region for getting the take-out in the meantime, that was nice.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 09:36 am
@Region Philbis,
That was good teamwork.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 10:31 am
@jespah,
jes, that was g*d telling you that you two should stick together and not go running off in separate cars or anything like that. Mazel-tov on having survived everything -- 20 years, sick car, dinner at home etc. etc. etc. Now go have nice cup coffee...

http://www.dreamstime.com/coffee-cup-thumb11152853.jpg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 10:46 am
Car should be ready within the half hour.

And the checks covered the cost of the brand spankin' new alternator. I hope that thing is gold-plated.

We're going to Cambridge today. Hopefully, it'll be less of an adventure.