feel like i majorly screwed up but glad i stood up for myself .

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 07:34 am
Long story short I've been seeing this girl off and on for years we dated for. Six months and broke up in December of 2011 . Since then we have been talking first barely then with in the last few months we have been hanging out .I moved and got my own place and she started staying over things happened don't think i need to say what . And stupid me thought things were going well for the first timw in awhile. Then all of a sudden she backed off and said we are only friends nothing is changing etc. I figured since she backed off something must be going on sure enough she has been talking.to.older guys that she met on a dating website of all places I asked her about it and she denied it all . We were on the way to a concert and when we got there I decided I have had enough I.told her I knew she has been seeing him and where she met him even tho we aren't dating I got very mad because she expects me to sit around and not do anything with anyone else . We never ended up going to the concert and she claimed she was never going to see or talk to me again she told me I was crazy for over reacting and that she couldn't be my friend anymore as she drove away . At first I was happy with yer decision becuase of how shes been treating me then I felt regret for my actions and contacted her she responded to me and.now she is agreeing to see me Saturday for the tattoo appointments we had set up prior to our fights .I asked her wouldn't she rather try to get along then hate eachother . She after Saturday I'm done and depending on how Saturday goes maybe we can be friends . I feel like a wuss for caving and contacting her first . But my question is do you think if I dissapear after Saturday shell eventually come around after things fall through with this other guy ? She knows how I feel about her and I feel like a push over now

thack45

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 07:40 am
Your long story short pretty well describes my past immature relationships.

You've been handed a "get out of jail free" card. Use it.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 08:02 am
@johnjohnjohn7875,
Walk away. Don't look back. Grow up. Meet other women. The alternative is you will be living this story again and again like that movie Groundhog Day.
thack45

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 08:15 am
@Green Witch,
eggs-actly!
0 Replies

johnjohnjohn7875

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 08:49 am
@Green Witch,
So I shouldn't even go Saturday
chai2

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 09:23 am
@johnjohnjohn7875,
If this girl wasn't in the picture, would you be going to get a tattoo on Saturday?
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 09:28 am
Yeah, what Chai said - and please don't tattoo her name on your forearm Laughing
chai2

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 09:28 am
@chai2,
Which brings up another point.

Why are you going to get something permanent put on your body, that will be there when you are 50, 60, 70 and beyond, when you are having problems deciding whether to see a girl or not?

You can't make up your mind about some girl, but you know you want to be looking at some asian lettering or a picture of a dragon, skull or some other trendy, popular today/trashy tomorrow looking thing for the next 50 plus years?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 09:31 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Yeah, what Chai said - and please don't tattoo her name on your forearm Laughing

Seriously,
I'm much more concerned about young people's willingness to put graffiti on their perfect-as-is bodies.

Bar none, I have NEVER seen a tattoo on another person that I thought would be worth looking at in a year, let alone the rest of your life.
johnjohnjohn7875

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 09:41 am
@chai2,
I'm not getting Anything about her tattooed and yes I would be going and she would b too regardless if we are talking or not we would have seen. Eachother there and I would have rather just gone with her then see her with someone else
Green Witch

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 09:49 am
@johnjohnjohn7875,
Change your appointment for another day. If you hate the tattoo when you're 40 (and you might) you can get it lasered off, it's cheaper than a divorce.
johnjohnjohn7875

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 10:04 am
@Green Witch,
I appreciate the advice I'm not concerened about the tattoo I have a sleeve of yhem already I'm concerned with losing touch with someone I care very muche about do u think if I go Saturday and keep my cool then disapear from all sociial networking sites and never contact her do u think shell come around obviously she was full of it when she said she would never see me again , if she is agreeing to go Saturday
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 10:53 am
@johnjohnjohn7875,
"Jerking your chain"

Disappear and hope she never tries to find you.

If she does find you, disappear and hope she never tries to find you.

Repeat.

Joe(go now)Nation
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 11:02 am
@johnjohnjohn7875,
See if you can keep it to phone calls only as friends? I'm guessing you are both in your very early 20s or late teens. It sounds like you like each other but you are too close in age maybe. She may be looking for an older dude to show her the ropes and she may not see you as somebody stable, or think you don't have your **** together. If you are truly friends you will stay friends.
johnjohnjohn7875

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 11:23 am
@FreeDuck,
I am 24 she is 20 I do have my **** together and she's is talking to a 27 year old who I heard is using her for sex , her friends tell me if I drop off the grid shell try to come back to me when all this is over I am confused on wether or not to remain in contact or have no contact to better my chances that is the point of me posting all this
Green Witch

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 11:33 am
@johnjohnjohn7875,
I'm not concerned about the tattoo either. I think you really like this girl and it's going to get in the way of your good judgement. We all go through this when we start to seriously form romantic attachments. I think you are going to get your heart broken, maybe more than once by this girl. It would not be the worse thing to happen, and it will probably make you wiser, but I just want you to see that this relationship is unlikely to end in your favor. Disappearing doesn't usually work, it just makes people look in other directions to fill the newly open time. You should stay in contact and just be prepared to be introduced to a future boyfriend or two of hers - and since you are just friends it shouldn't matter. I personally think it's easier for women to stay friends with men platonically than for men to do the same with women they have bonded with. There are always exceptions to my rules, but I think you care too much about her to remain just friends, and if the romance does not start up again you are going to feel very bad.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 12:23 pm
@johnjohnjohn7875,
johnjohnjohn7875 wrote:

I'm not getting Anything about her tattooed and yes I would be going and she would b too regardless if we are talking or not we would have seen. Eachother there and I would have rather just gone with her then see her with someone else

I didn't say anything about getting something about her tattooed on you.

I'd like to know, as I've said, how you can be so sure you want to look at something on you the rest of your life, when you feel you have to come to a forum to have others help you make up your mind to see a girl you're not even going to be involved with in a few months to a year. That is, after the 2 of you jerk each other around and make each other miserable during that time.

Do you see what I'm saying? You can't make up your mind about this, but know what you want to look at on your skin the rest of your life, regardless what the future brings.

I think your priorities are a little fucked up.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 12:25 pm
@johnjohnjohn7875,
johnjohnjohn7875 wrote:

I appreciate the advice I'm not concerened about the tattoo I have a sleeve of yhem already

What's a sleeve of yhem?

nqyringmind

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 12:32 pm
Johnjohnjohn, listenlistenlisten
There is wisdom here- and that's what you seek, right?
There's an old saying:
"The same event that terminates the life of the caterpillar, generates the life of the butterfly"
chai2

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 12:37 pm
@nqyringmind,
yes, and that butterfly doesn't have a sleeve of yhem.