NRA POLICY ON SELF DEFENSE LAWS

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 05:39 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
It's so cool whenever the A2K illuminati hijack a thread with an oh-so precious exchange on a totally unrelated topic.

You haven't noticed that the thread initiator has hijacked many a thread himself, Finn? And flooded such threads with often completely unrelated material?

And that most of the threads he's initiated are about the same subject?

At least he got some responses to this one! Wink Smile

On top of which David seems to be quite amused by this turn of events, not at all put out and has even participated to a limited extent in some of the banter. Finn, I believe, is just jealous that he never thought of such a simple and effective means of subverting a thread.
msolga

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 05:51 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
I'll be receiving the gift of the genuine, true blue Italian garlic on Tuesday.

I know some of you are just itching to know the meaning of "true blue".
Yes?
I thought so. Smile

OK, I'll enlighten you.

true blue = the real thing, the genuine article, in Oz-speak.

In other words, not that wishy-washy pretend garlic you usually buy at the greengrocers or at the supermarket.

I can't wait to get my hands on it!

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 05:51 pm
The point about David taking it all in good humor occured to me, too, after i had made my post. But it doesn't matter, anyway--Finn has gotten his regular fix of righteous indignation. The libruls here give him so many opportunities for turd-stirring and throwing stink bombs. What would Finn do without us?
msolga

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 05:55 pm
@Setanta,
Oh I rather enjoy Finn's indignant posts.
I've always suspected there's a bit of tongue in cheek in them. Smile
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 05:55 pm
@Setanta,
I would argue you are guilty of misspelling if it meant anything more than a fart in a hurricane, but keep on proving me right.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 05:58 pm
@msolga,
He really does little else around here, but i'm not so convinced that he consciously employs humor.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:08 pm
@msolga,
And when you scold him for such behavior, as you often do, it is with the understanding that the minute he posts a thread you will adopt the same objectionable behavior?

An eye for an eye will leave us all blind!

But then you don't subscribe to such a facile philosophy, no matter how often you spout it.

Quote:
Most of his threads are about the same subject...

And, therefore, your intellectual ethics compel you to participate in the hijacking of his threads?

I'm sure there is a valid reason why you just can't ignore what you consider repititive drivel, but being just a poor schlep, I can't fathom it.

Oh yes... Smile Wink ....wink wink, nod nod.

There's that delicious wit that I just can't seem to appreciate fully.

You and your confreres are actually doing the buffoon a kindness by responding to his clearly absurd opinion.
Setanta

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:16 pm
I thought i'd provide Finn with an opportuntiy with an ironic post he could rail against on the basis of his stereotype. But he missed that part of it. He really doesn't do irony, obviously though, when he posts about intellectual ethics. Now that is really hilarious coming from him.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, It's really funny you can talk about "hijacking this thread" with your non-relative issues, but just trying to pick a fight with people who doesn't meet your expectations about "staying on topic."
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:23 pm
@farmerman,
The Leader of The Pack, and deservingly so.

A vague but clearly dismissive reply is quite to be expected.

I imagine it warms your cockles when you initiate a hijack and you find so many similarly dazzling members of the cognoscenti following suit so gracefully.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:25 pm
Oh man, Finn is lovin' this . . . i think he should buy us all a drink . . .
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:26 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yes, that's it, I'm jealous, because you guys are just so damned clever in your means of "subverting a thread."

Who can live up to your standards and abilities?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:28 pm
@Setanta,
I am loving this because you are proving my point over and over and over...

It is particularly delicious because you don't think you are.

You still think you are so cleverly putting me down.

Have at it...please.
Setanta

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, Finn, that's where you're wrong (as usual). My first response provided you exactly what you expected. But as i say, you apparently don't do irony. No one has "proven" anything--you've got no other point than to spew your vitriol.

But it's good to see you having so much fun.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:38 pm
@farmerman,
It actually is gratifying that you are clearly the Main Gazaine in this operation, since as often as we disagree I respect your intelligence.

An intelligence, by the way, which refrained from supplying me with more ammo in responding to a direct challenge (unlike all the rest of your followers).

I've no expectation that you will even come close to conceding my points, but at least you're not trying to chew off your foot.

How will it sit with the pompous Setanta that he has revealed himself to be a lieutenant rather than the Colonel?

You really need to kick some butt among your troops.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:39 pm
@Setanta,
Yeah right
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:42 pm
You bet it's right . . . i've rarely seen you have so much fun. What scope for your sneering turd-stirring!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:54 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Would the hemisphere make any difference?
Honest, we were just kidding about you poor people standing on your heads all day.
I hope thay don 't leave footprints; (embarrassing).
msolga

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
And when you scold him for such behavior, as you often do, it is with the understanding that the minute he posts a thread you will adopt the same objectionable behavior?

An eye for an eye will leave us all blind!

But then you don't subscribe to such a facile philosophy, no matter how often you spout it.

Yeah, I know I used to go on & on about thread digressions, trolls, etc ...
But these days I've pretty much given up on my 'scolding behaviour'. Wink
Pretty much a waste of time & it doesn't change much, anyway..

Unless I'm addressing some particular comment he, or some other poster might have made, like ....

I'm a supporter of Stalin.
Just plain ignorant, though potentially deeply offensive if I chose to become offended, given my family history.
I find it best to see such comments as plain stupid & mean-spirited now & respond accordingly. Rolling Eyes

.. Or I'm involved in one of those regular threads about our collective dissatisfaction with A2K discussions .... the ones where we all (including you) throw in our two bob's worth.

Or I'm responding to some particularly silly or offensive arguments, posted here from some obscure blog.

But most of the time now I switch off when good threads go bad.
As they regularly do.
It's easy to tell when it's time to switch off ....
The usual tell tale signs. Wink

Quote:
And, therefore, your intellectual ethics compel you to participate in the hijacking of his threads?

99% of the time I don't respond to the gun threads anymore. Which is what most of the threads he initiates are about.
I've noticed most others don't either. And these threads just quietly vanish into the sunset.
But it has nothing to do with "intellectual ethics" .
It has everything to do with having heard it all before.

I made an exception on this one. Because it turned out not to be about guns, because it seemed a bit of light-hearted fun & silliness, & because gardening was being discussed & I wanted to be sure I planted mine at the right time.
Fair enough?

You're not going to change the tone of this thread by going all uppity & harrumphy on us, are you, Finn?
I'm seriously not in the mood for that this morning. Wink
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:59 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
garlic is usually grown here by planting i the mid fall to late fall
Garlic is good for vampires,
but to be on the safe side,
u better keep a crucifix at hand, at nite.

David