NRA POLICY ON SELF DEFENSE LAWS

roger

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 10:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Some of the answers on Yahoo Answers sound kind of like some of the answers on Able2Know.org, don't they.
roger

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 10:50 pm
@msolga,
Would the hemisphere make any difference? Honest, we were just kidding about you poor people standing on your heads all day.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 10:51 pm
@roger,
Yup; gotta be a little bit skeptical about any one answer site - even Wiki.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 12:24 am
@roger,
Quote:
Would the hemisphere make any difference?

No, probably not.
But it's autumn, almost winter here in the southern hemisphere.
And I'll be receiving the garlic gift next week.
I think I'll just go ahead & plant it & see what eventuates.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 02:29 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
vegetables are able to defeat an assailant with a gun.

What about a pointed stick? (Kudos for anyone who gets the reference)
contrex

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 02:31 am
Quote:
chickons

Is that a typo? It can't be "fonetic", except maybe for some weird American hayseed dialect?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 03:35 am
@msolga,
garlic is usually grown here by planting i the mid fall to late fall (as long as the ground isnt froze), then its allowed to grow until about mid month that contains the longest day. We went through this on a thread last year and osso ws insisting on growing garlic in the spring. ALL commercial garlic is grown just as I noted . It appears that, in order for it to develop a large enough corm to be markeatable it requires a "settling in period" during the low light time of year and then, when spring comes again, the garlic begins to put on individual cloves. Mine is planted like that ad its doin fine . I will pick it about the end of June.
msolga

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 03:46 am
@farmerman,
Thanks, farmer.
I recall that thread & that discussion now.
Will go look for it now.
farmerman

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 03:50 am
@msolga,
kinda late at night for you to be planting isnt it?
I get hard top garlics cause we use the shoots for cooking . It makes a great garlicky garnish for oriental stuff and creole dishes.

msolga

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 04:05 am
@farmerman,
A bit after 8pm, but it's pitch black & blustery & wet outside!
I'm not silly.
No way am I going out there to plant garlic!
MaƱana. Smile
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 08:06 am
@contrex,

farmerman wrote:
vegetables are able to defeat an assailant with a gun.
contrex wrote:
What about a pointed stick? (Kudos for anyone who gets the reference)
Weapons r almost EVERYWHERE, but some weapons r better than others.

Mr. T used a cement sidewalk
as a weapon against the hapless Zimmy.

David
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 09:28 am
@msolga,
now , when you wake up and get going on a SAUnday, you should get out there and plnt some garlic , dont wait around too long, the more roots the clove sends out this winter, the more cloves will form on a big corm next spring.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 02:49 pm
Sounds like your timing is just spot on, Olga!
parados

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 03:10 pm
@margo,
Spot on except for the after dark part.

You want to be careful of cloying vines when you can't see them. Tripping over a tomato plant in the fall can be dangerous.
farmerman

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 04:06 pm
@parados,
in the fall, our tomato plants are so big that we need to sed a boy up on a ladder to harvest the fruits
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 05:18 pm
It's so cool whenever the A2K illuminati hijack a thread with an oh-so precious exchange on a totally unrelated topic. The witicisms fly at a speed and altititude that make it virtually impossible for the average A2K slob to follow, let alone appreciate.

I'm particularly impressed with how each member of this elite group enter the flow without disturbing the intellectual hydrodynamics one whit. Philistines might argue that they flock to such threads simply to demonstrate they belong among a certain self-absorbed A2K clan, but what do they know? Chances are good that such miscreants are conservative neandertals.

It's really funny when the originator of the thread has the temerity to attempt to dam the creative torrent. Don't they realize that their feeble and/or noxious
opinions not only have no hope of stemming the tide, but no right to try?

Thankfully, for the relevance of this forum, it has such a dedicated and able cadre of guardians to assure that ignorance is held at bay.

Let's be clear though, this same stalwart group will not tolerate any slob's attempt to hijack a thread of true importance, so Neandertals beware.

I appreciate that I've little hope of adopting the razor sharp subtlty of the A2k royalty, but hopefully I can assume a ministerial role by advising all y'all Neandertals to refrain from starting a thread championing the 2nd Amendment, and save yourself a humiliating experience, and never include NRA in the title of your thread.

Setanta

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 05:23 pm
You have consistently misspelled Neanderthal . . . not to mention slandering by implication an intelligent and resourceful hominid. We expect no less from the A2K reactionary royalty.
msolga

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 05:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It's so cool whenever the A2K illuminati hijack a thread with an oh-so precious exchange on a totally unrelated topic.

You haven't noticed that the thread initiator has hijacked many a thread himself, Finn? And flooded such threads with often completely unrelated material?

And that most of the threads he's initiated are about the same subject?

At least he got some responses to this one! Wink Smile
farmerman

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 05:30 pm
@msolga,
Finn has only one thing in mind . He too, like Dave, is quite predictable. I assume he didnt like the gardening advice herein. Perhaps Finn is a "master Gardener"
msolga

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 05:38 pm
@farmerman,
btw, farmer, I'll be receiving the gift of the genuine, true blue Italian garlic on Tuesday.
Now I know all I need to know about planting it on Wednesday!
Thank you.