Kerry's war record Vs Bush's

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 08:38 am
Scrat wrote:
I respect Kerry for his service to his country, and respect his right to come back and speak against the war afterwards.

HOWEVER, I look at his voting record during his political career and I see a man who never saw a weapons system he didn't try to kill, who would have had us lose the cold war if he had his way, and who worked to gut (if not kill) our intelligence agencies. With all due respect for his honorable, but distant, military service, it is his voting record that I believe indicates his woeful shortcomings as a potential war-time president (or any-time president, for that matter).

But the war is over....bush landed on a boat with a potato in his rented flight suit and said we'd won!!!!!!
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 09:26 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Scrat wrote:
I respect Kerry for his service to his country, and respect his right to come back and speak against the war afterwards.

HOWEVER, I look at his voting record during his political career and I see a man who never saw a weapons system he didn't try to kill, who would have had us lose the cold war if he had his way, and who worked to gut (if not kill) our intelligence agencies. With all due respect for his honorable, but distant, military service, it is his voting record that I believe indicates his woeful shortcomings as a potential war-time president (or any-time president, for that matter).

But the war is over....bush landed on a boat with a potato in his rented flight suit and said we'd won!!!!!!

He actually said no such thing, and I challenge you to provide evidence to the contrary! (Loser buys the winner a drink Friday night. Oh, and my band can kick your band's ass! :wink: )
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 09:39 am
Timber wrote:
Quote:
If folks wanna make a point of Kerry's wartime exploits, then a point should be made of them. Somebody who racked up combat citations at a faster clip than George Custer, Alvin York, Audie Murphy, or Chesty Puller must have a fascinating story.

I think PD has made the point very well that no one is questioning Kerry's war record, so why would we need to see proof? In Bush's case, they've had a very hard time finding anyone who can confirm his claim that he attended. I notice, when he weakly pronounced, "I was there," he doesn't say how often or on which dates. He was paid to be there and he even got dental care, but, it appears, he wasn't there to do the work. What work it may have been. Nothing, I'm sure compared to the work Kerry and others had to do. And more to the point, nothing like the National Guard soldiers in Iraq are having to do to support Bush's delusions of grandeur.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 09:43 am
No, on another thread someone produced a stirring tribute to Bush's guard service from a right wing news source. How can anyone doubt him now? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:05 am
Lola wrote:
Timber wrote:
Quote:
If folks wanna make a point of Kerry's wartime exploits, then a point should be made of them. Somebody who racked up combat citations at a faster clip than George Custer, Alvin York, Audie Murphy, or Chesty Puller must have a fascinating story.

I think PD has made the point very well that no one is questioning Kerry's war record, so why would we need to see proof? In Bush's case, they've had a very hard time finding anyone who can confirm his claim that he attended.

USATODAY.com - Former Guardsman: Bush served with me in Alabama

There you go. (Don't worry, I won't be shocked when you find reason to call this man a liar.) :wink:

(And yes, that's the well-known "right-wing" news source, USAToday. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:12 am
And here's ten more people who vouch for his service in Alabama:

Defusing AWOL-Gate

Now let's drop all this nasty talk of Our Glorious War President who bravely fought tooth decay on the Shoals of Muscle.

It's just a non-issue, really. Cool
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 12:04 pm
Exactly.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 01:44 pm
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 03:34 pm
Federal
Quote:
Instead, Jennings highlighted how Bush’s “rating for honesty and trustworthiness is at a new low” — as if the networks’ biased promotion of phony charges had nothing to do with that.

I suppose the lies and fabrications regarding Iraq had nothing to do with it. The polish is off the apple the American people are beginning to come to grips with just what Mr. Bush [The Texas Souffle] is
I should note that the latest poll shows Bush being beaten by Kerry or Edwards by at least 10 or 12 percentage points.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 04:56 pm
Scrat wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Scrat wrote:

He actually said no such thing, and I challenge you to provide evidence to
the contrary! (Loser buys the winner a drink Friday night. Oh, and my band can kick your band's ass! :wink: )

Excuse the semantics "Mission Accomplished"I believe he said....and as far as your band whipping my bands ass I suspect you better carb up...although fromn the looks of a couple of the boys maybe better advice would be to lay off the carbs...... :wink: Twisted Evil Laughing
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 06:25 pm
From Scrat's link:
Quote:

There you go, this is an excellent witness for Bush. Just read about the hard labor the boy had to endure. I don't know, Scrat if Calhoun is a liar, but he certainly seems to be the only person with a good enough memory. I wonder where the others are...........
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 06:37 pm
It would be interesting to see what it is exactly about Bush stint in the Guard that bothers so many people.

Is it that he didn't get shot at?
Is it that he didn't have to go to Vietnam?
Is it that he is seen as privileged?

I don't recall extensive military experience being a neccessity to be president. It sure as hell wasn't Clinton, or Carter's forte, that's for damn sure.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 06:41 pm
Carter? A graduate of the US Naval Academy and served I believe his entire 7 yr obligation as an officer in the Navy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 07:28 pm
People always potshot Carter without first learning about him.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 07:57 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Quote:
Is it that he didn't get shot at?
Is it that he didn't have to go to Vietnam?
Is it that he is seen as privileged?

Yes.
0 Replies

bocdaver

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:00 am
It is clear to me that Senator Kerry was a hero. He fought in VietNam, earned decorations and was wounded. Bush dodged the draft by going into the Guard.
When the American people are asked who they want to guide them through the difficult years ahead when we are likely to be attacked again, they will choose a person who knows what horror is involved in killing and how wars turn men into animals.

Kerry simply has the background we need to lead our country against those who would seek to destroy us.

Bush cares for nothing but Oil and Contracts in Iraq.

Who is making money on the Iraqi Oil now that Oil is up to over $33.00 a barrel?

It isn't the Iraqi people.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:16 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Scrat wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Scrat wrote:

He actually said no such thing, and I challenge you to provide evidence to
the contrary!

Excuse the semantics "Mission Accomplished"I believe he said...

There was a banner on the carrier that read "Mission Accomplished". It referred to the carrier's specific mission, recently accomplished. It did not refer to the war being over, though frankly the war is over. We met our primary objectives and are now in the next phase, working to get he Iraqis ready to govern themselves. That some are trying to kill us and the Iraqis to stop this does not mean the war didn't come to an end.

As to our bands... let's both just kick ass! See you tomorrow night! Cool
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:28 pm
Lola wrote:
From Scrat's link:
Quote:

There you go, this is an excellent witness for Bush. Just read about the hard labor the boy had to endure. I don't know, Scrat if Calhoun is a liar, but he certainly seems to be the only person with a good enough memory. I wonder where the others are...........

Lola - I don't expect you to accept the account; I'm fairly certain you've already made up your mind about the "facts" and will find reason to question any "facts" that don't mesh well with the "facts" as you choose to see them. As to how hard Bush was working at the time... I did my time in the military, and I can tell you that training is a very important part of military readiness, and that sometimes we just had to kill time until the next thing needed to be done.

But again, I'm not arguing for how "good" a witness this guy is, simply proving wrong the statement that there are none.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:32 pm
bocdaver wrote:
It is clear to me that Senator Kerry was a hero. He fought in VietNam, earned decorations and was wounded. Bush dodged the draft by going into the Guard.
When the American people are asked who they want to guide them through the difficult years ahead when we are likely to be attacked again, they will choose a person who knows what horror is involved in killing and how wars turn men into animals.

Kerry simply has the background we need to lead our country against those who would seek to destroy us.

Bush cares for nothing but Oil and Contracts in Iraq.

Who is making money on the Iraqi Oil now that Oil is up to over $33.00 a barrel?

It isn't the Iraqi people.

Kerry has consistently voted to gut the military, gut intelligence services and against funding weapons systems for our country's defense. If everything he voted against had been defeated, we would lack the ability to defend ourselves at all. He gets respect for his service as a soldier, but his record in government shows he would leave this country unable to defend itself or keep tabs on those who would destroy us. He is not the man to lead this nation at any time, much less at this time.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:33 pm
Scrat is from Raleigh and we are having his band open for us tomorrow night as a token of bi-partisan goodwill, that and they're good.

So you see, liberal or conservative, all quarrels are set aside when self interest is served. Scrat gets a chance to break a new room, and we get a good opener.

Too bad the government can't see things that way. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies