I got a job!

DrewDad

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 07:00 am
@chai2,
Ultimately, you're better off. It's a pain the in ass having to document everything all of the time in order to fend off accusations like that. I've seen an organization take years to figure out that someone's toxic and have to recover from them running off all of the good people.

My suggestion is to make a list of companies you'd like to work for and start cold calling. It's hard as hell to get told "no" a bunch of times, but often you can find a position that they haven't started advertising for, yet. You end up not having to compete against a bunch of other candidates.
jespah

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 07:58 am
Aw, chai, that sucks.

I'll pound the pavement with you. God knows I've been doing it for a while, myself. It just feels mean out there.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 09:03 am
@DrewDad,
From appearances on the outside - it was probably "easier" to believe the permanent employee and get rid of the contractor rather than go through what they should - it will just hurt them in the long run if she continues this way.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 09:51 am
@Linkat,
Easier in the short run, sure. It can be real trouble in the long run, though.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 10:04 am
When anyone is hoping from support from within the company, it's best to remember that a temp is temporary. The bitch is the one they have to work with forever.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 04:22 pm
@chai2,
That's too bad, I'm sorry to hear that, something else will come along. Thinking positive thoughts for you!
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 04:47 pm
Sometimes I wish I could channel your inner chai. You're that good. Hope it all turns around soon.
0 Replies

jeffyang

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 12:42 pm
@chai2,
what's about?
chai2

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 02:50 pm
@jeffyang,
jeffy, I'm gonna put on my big girl panties and do my best impersonation of BVT in a girl band here....

What the **** are you thinking in reading the initial post and none of the subsequent 106, to ask me "what's about?"

If you're a spambot, then ok, if you're a real person, you're an idiot.

what's about?

about being under/unemployed now for 10 months (not that I'm complaining, who's gonna listen) and doing my best to just keep applying for positions that a thousand other people have thrown their resume at via the internet...talking to every person I meet about potential jobs....and taking any temp assignment that comes my way to keep my boat afloat, without going into my retirement account.

that's what's about.
jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:21 pm
@chai2,
Good luck with the temp jobs, you never know one just might turn out to be full time permanent!

Something will come along!
chai2

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:27 pm
@jcboy,
oh I know.

Thanks morgan for the good word. You've got a good good heart.

The post just annoyed me.

I'm going to be working 46 hours this week, from Wed-Sunday.

I'm nothing if not tenacious.
Green Witch

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:38 pm
@chai2,
Mr. Yang is probably passing through via China's suppressed search capabilities and felt the urge to make his mark like a pup lifting its leg. I doubt he will ever be back.

Tenacity often does pay off and is a valid strategy.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:38 pm
@chai2,
Dealing with all the frustration you are going through is very hard--I've been in a similar situation in the past, so I know. It's good to blow off steam. I can understand why that post ticked you off.

Hope something decent turns up soon.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:41 pm
@firefly,
I can see being aggravated by the post.

I figure with Green Witch though. Probably a chinese student just trying to talk on a first post.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:57 pm
Thanks all

I'm over it already.

This has been a challenging last week or 2. I got injured (almost recovered now). If someone had a camera of what happened, I'd be on America's Funniest Videos, although it didn't feel funny (at all).

Also, the moon has been bleeding, and I'm getting messages from the Eye at Mordor.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/109307123/Mordor_by_JohnnySlowhand.jpg

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 04:01 pm
@chai2,
Good grief!

just call me the tripper. . .
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 04:51 pm
@chai2,
Ack, sorry about the injury and all of this crap you've had to deal with. Good luck recovering all the way and finding a good job.... I agree that tenacity will likely get you far, even though I get that it's frustrating when you're mid-tenacity and you haven't reached the payoff yet.
0 Replies

mackllinvinger

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 12:05 am
great job done..
good luck.
0 Replies