Kerry v Bush: The Facts, the Campaigns and the Spin...

mesquite

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 06:13 pm
Sofia wrote:
You think Kerry will look better wearing that triangular hat? (I heard it lengthens the face...)

Nah. It's a perfect fit where it is.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 06:17 pm
Ah, a little botox here and there and he'd look great in it...
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 12:28 pm
Kerry seems to have stayed above the fray re: the 911 Commission, unless I haven't been paying close enough attention.

I think this is the high road.

Has he made any politically expedient comments about the Commission? Does anyone think he should?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 12:33 pm
Politicians have big enough heads already -- the cheese just makes them easier to smell.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 12:38 pm
He's been quiet about the Commission.

He has said he would stay the course in Iraq, and apparently wave a magic wand, the one that creates 10 MILLION jobs, to get us more world support for Iraq.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 01:13 pm
I wonder how many are volunteering to work on those reconstruction projects in Iraq. That must've added a few hundred jobs - at the very minimum.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 02:08 pm
Neither Bush nor Kerry have made any comments about the Commission other than to express hope that some useful answers come out of it. And I agree with Sofia that they are both taking the high road on that.

Of interest is that the commission voted on whether Jamie should step down given new information on her role in throwing a monkey wrench into information sharing during her tenure as Deputy A.G. The vote was unanimous that she should not resign. This also I believe is the high road.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 02:22 pm
It's not so much a matter of staying above the fray as it is that they both have "designated hitters" to cover those activities. keep in mind the commission is fifty/fifty partisan and their report is required to be unanimous which means the only dog and pony show is during the public hearings. the republicans will show disdain for agencies (FBI-CIA) while the democrats will show the same for persons. the distinction is minimal at best.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 05:17 pm
I hope its more than that Dys. I have been impressed, with exception of a few interrogations that were clearly partisan and intended to make points, that the commission has able to agree on a sensible approach to a P.R. problem. If the GOP had decided to make an issue of Jamie, the controversy would have roared on even though it would have amounted to nothing. But when true bipartisanship happens, it pretty well shuts up the nattering nabobs of negativity and they can get back to work that does matter.

Then again the 9/11 commission is a fact finding body and not a criminal investigation group. Maybe its easy to be civil finding facts.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 05:55 pm
Quote:
the nattering nabobs of negativity

and here I thought Spiro was dead, at least speaking less afer his conviction, felony graft I believe as the charge befiting a republican with a boss who "was not a crook"
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:05 pm
Well I won't rise to any bait on that one. Agnew and Nixon both got nailed on things that were intolerable then and much more tolerable now.

Actually I think we've had much worse presidents than Nixon though I didn't vote for him then and wouldn't now.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:12 pm
so then who are you quoting, Spiro or Safire?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:46 pm
Neither. That's the gospel according to Foxfyre. (Oh God, I really opened myself up with that, didn't I?)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:47 pm
is that an Oops?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:51 pm
The pres doesn't even say "ooops." That sounds too much like an admission of wrong.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:53 pm
From Samuel Shem's The House of God "Remember, if you make a mistake never say 'oops,' always say 'there!'"
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:56 pm
undergoing surgery once I heard the doc say Oops while I watched blood spurt over the drape where my arm was...I laughed-I was on drugs.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:58 pm
I hope nobody left anything inside -- you haven't been picking up Air America without a radio have you?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:59 pm
I'll never forget my days supervising new EMT's at Northglenn Ambulance. We ahd one chap who didn't realize he had stuck an iv in someone's brachial artery. Finaly, with the blood climbing up the tubing into the bag, and more blood slopping on the floor, from where the site had gone spurt-spurt-spurt when he stuck the guy, I finally pulled the line myself. I think my former trainee is now an attornery. Confused
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 07:01 pm
still a bleeder then is he?
0 Replies